Paladins

Ansem

53 members have voted

1. 1. Paladins

• They suck
    • They pawn
    • There ok

Anyway, on a more historical note...was it Genghis Khan or his son that died of a nosebleed or something? Did one of them die pathetically like that, or did I just imagine that?

neither. It was Attila

Edited by Joy

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but he specifically said Red/Green cavaliers. Jeigans are out, even things like Oscar and Kieran are out because they really aren't red/green since Kieran isn't available until chapter 11. Actually, I'm wondering how many cav pairs follow the red/green archetype. Is third best the same thing as second worst? (ie: only 4 pairs of cavs match the red/green archetype description?)

Well it's obvious that they were going for sort of a red/green rivalry thing with Oscar and Kieran. I mean, they used to be knights fighting alongside each other, so maybe they were a proper red/green duo back in the past but one of them left the army for whatever reason?

Can Genghis really be a nomad? Aren't they stuck with 2/2 range bows? Chances are he uses something more awesome like an axe or something.

This is totally relevant to the topic at hand.

Cavaliers/paladins always make the front line of my armies.

I'm presuming this is in response to my statement.

Genghis is a Nomad TROOPER. They're stuck with bows and swords.

Genghis was totally rocking the Wind Edge, bro.

Well it's obvious that they were going for sort of a red/green rivalry thing with Oscar and Kieran. I mean, they used to be knights fighting alongside each other, so maybe they were a proper red/green duo back in the past but one of them left the army for whatever reason?

IIRC Oscar had to leave to take care of Rolf and Boyd or something.

Geghis is a Pwnlord (Master lord)

He pawns EVERYTHING

lol

Is pawning the opposite of queening? Like, a knight or rook or something makes it to the other side of the board and is then stuck in place?

Birthday: January 13, 1996

I hope that explains it. Seems like a kid that just discovered what "pwn" was or something.

Should watch Pure Pwnage then imo.

Hey guys, cut out the talk not related to the topic at hand. This is about paladins, not about... whatever you were talking about.

Thanks.

Titania was indispensable in FE9. She normally ranks number 1 in the lineup though in my last play through Ike lost first by only one kill!! Mounted units are my vanguard for almost every battle.

^ smart player right here

Paladins are da best. :D

I'm personally not a big fan of Paladins, but Ares, FE9!Astrid and Sirius are three of my top favourite characters in the series, and I really like Paladins in FE9, so yeah. Thus, voting on the middle ground.

Titania was the only paladin I ever used (aside from when I got Marcus to level 20 when playing Blazing Sword for the first time when I was 11)

I have no problem with them, I've just never really liked them.

They are cool if they get good stas, as any other character or unit does.

Seriously, I got this rare chance where Guy of Blazing Sword ended up with 23 of speed; while Kent surpassed him in everything safe strength.

I suppose it's basically luck or something like that.

Other than that, paladins rock because they can move quite a lot and take some damage others don't.

I think they're boring because IS gives you tons of paladins who all look the same. The stats are also pretty similar... meh.

But they're great anyway. Movement + at least two weapons, yay.

I orginally said that they were ok,(they are annoying and boring to train before promotion and upon promotion they can be exp hogs) but once I saw that master knights were being counted I changed my vote. They are quite possibly the best fe class ever made.

I orginally said that they were ok,(they are annoying and boring to train before promotion and upon promotion they can be exp hogs) but once I saw that master knights were being counted I changed my vote. They are quite possibly the best fe class ever made.

I miss Master Knights a lot. They were fun, though I'd have liked them to be even more broken by having a great magic stat as well as capping str/skl/spd/def. I also miss the holy weapons. Those things were great. Massive stat boosts + 30 mt. Awesome.

Master Knights are cheap. Then again, many FE4 classes are. =0

Especially SMs and there awesome 27 Str caps, Ike seems to go back to those roots in FE10.

And Generals, like Paladins and every other class...you can't generalize and say they are either great or bad, I mean, at least not to all of them, because it would apply to some and not to others.

I could say Percival is pretty damn awesome, yet, there are those paladins made out of suck which are either Jeigan or Zealot.

Ike was a Mercenary -> Swordlocked Hero, face it. SMs cannot claim that.

There was this GFAQ (GBA character comparison or something) where they were amazed that someone gave Zealot a 4/10. The writer had given him a zero.

Ike was a Mercenary -> Swordlocked Hero, face it. SMs cannot claim that.

A 27 str 30 skl 30 spd swordmaster

PoR Ike that had a lower cap in everything but def and res (and luck, but he's not reaching 30 let alone 40 anyway).

Soul's point would seem to be that Ike is more similar to the old swordmasters than the new swordmasters are. In some ways, I'd agree. That str cap of theirs was the highest of any PC class in the game. Tied with some, like Great Knights, snipers, and Master Knights, but losing to none. Even Ike only had a 26 str cap in PoR. Interestingly, Ike in RD in tier 2 had a 27 str and 30 skl and 30 spd cap and 30 luck cap. Of course, 26 def and 15 res are way off from 22 def and 18 res, but whatever. And that 50 hp cap is far far away from the 80 cap they had in fe4.

As such, I'd kinda have to agree that Ike is like a throwback to fe4 swordmasters. Especially PoR Ike.