Mafia Round 4

General Spoon

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Night 1 Results

I eat tables's life came to an unexpected end last night when someone cut his head off with a giant pair of toenail clippers. Investigation of his house reveals that he was a TOWNIE.

Lord Ratatosk received numerous axe wounds from an attacker, with the axe ultimately being left buried in his back. Before he died, he wrote "TOWNIE" on the wall in his own blood.

Day 2 Begins

Uncle Sam wants you!

Uncle Sam wants you!

No thanks. Bob and Doug Mackenzie wanted to go ice fishing. Sorry Sam.

Seriously though, I think I know who killed who from last night's clues. And Mordy, now would be a good time to share your theory that Tables sent you if he did.

Tables - Mafia

Ratatosk - Vigilante

Tables is smart. We all know this as he almost won the game for the Mafia last time. It makes sense to get rid of a smart player early in the game because we're none the wiser for who the Mafia really is.

Ratatosk, on the other hand, was playing the mafia card ("Oh, I'm the godfather, blah, blah, blah"). Which sounds stupid in my mind as if he had been mafia, he would easily been a target for the vigilante. But even if he wasn't, it was a good idea for him to get killed at night so that we don't waste a lynch on him. But I don't know what he was trying to get out of claiming mafia.

So yeah, if you could share Tables' theory with all of us, that would probably help us a bit, Mordecai. If you got it, of course. And I'm undecided on my vote.

EDIT: Added in a couple words because I didn't see that Tables actually spoke to Ratatosk instead of Mordecai when he offered up the theory.

Edited by Admiral Lifey Crunch

Crunch's theory makes sense, and I was going to air similar suspicions after I finished perusing a little bit of the thread history to keep things fresh in my mind, but now it looks like I won't have to.

Also, I guess we don't get to hear who gets seduced by the hooker in the updates? I guess it's possible it would work like the Priest/Doctor/etc. where we'd only find out about it if it actually saved someone/stopped an action, but then on the other hand, that would immediately inform the mafia they'd guessed right about something, rather than just having a generic message every night about how somebody decided tonight was a good night to go out on the town and roll in the hay.

I guess I think I'll start off with a pressure vote on mafia messy mike. I don't have any firm, explainable suspicions at the moment, I just noticed his user title is Zombie Hunter Extraordinare, while my own is Zombie.

Edit: Forgot the bold.

Edited by Balcerzak

An axe would be pretty messy... and he didn't even take the axe with him. He left it there. But if Mike is the vigilante, I'm not sure I'd wanna lynch him yet.

Toenail clipper... anyone have nasty toenails?

I wouldn't be too concerned about lynching the vig. The vig is a wild card role; it can help the cits, but it can just as easily hurt them more than it helps (just look at my performance as the vig in the last round). And the vig here has already killed one townie. I don't think we'd be hurting our chances very much if we lynched him.

An axe would be pretty messy... and he didn't even take the axe with him. He left it there. But if Mike is the vigilante, I'm not sure I'd wanna lynch him yet.

Toenail clipper... anyone have nasty toenails?

I doubt there is any clues in this game. General Spoon stated it in the sign up thread.

What Alakazam said. Spoon explicitly stated that he wouldn't have any clues in this round, considering what it did last round.

But, you guys; why would you want to knowingly lynch the vig for? If you knew messy mike was really the vig, you'd lynch him anyway? I thought we were going after mafia and not a townie that accidentally screwed up? It'd just waste a day phase and a really useful role in case there was a mafia to be killed.

What Alakazam said. Spoon explicitly stated that he wouldn't have any clues in this round, considering what it did last round.

But, you guys; why would you want to knowingly lynch the vig for? If you knew messy mike was really the vig, you'd lynch him anyway? I thought we were going after mafia and not a townie that accidentally screwed up? It'd just waste a day phase and a really useful role in case there was a mafia to be killed.

We don't know he's the vig, though. There's no clues in this game.

As for hypotheticals: If I knew for sure he was the vig, then no, I wouldn't lynch him, but that would be to avoid lynching a townie moreso than to avoid lynching the vig. If there was a possibility that he could be the vig, but also a possibility that he could be mafia, then I'd lynch him anyways.

Edited by CATS

Crunch's theory makes sense, and I was going to air similar suspicions after I finished perusing a little bit of the thread history to keep things fresh in my mind, but now it looks like I won't have to.

Also, I guess we don't get to hear who gets seduced by the hooker in the updates? I guess it's possible it would work like the Priest/Doctor/etc. where we'd only find out about it if it actually saved someone/stopped an action, but then on the other hand, that would immediately inform the mafia they'd guessed right about something, rather than just having a generic message every night about how somebody decided tonight was a good night to go out on the town and roll in the hay.

I guess I think I'll start off with a pressure vote on mafia messy mike. I don't have any firm, explainable suspicions at the moment, I just noticed his user title is Zombie Hunter Extraordinare, while my own is Zombie.

Edit: Forgot the bold.

Not Mafia. Don't know why anybody even bothers claiming it, but whatever. In my defense, I chose that title because my first avy was a picture of Abe Lincoln with an eyepatch, a machete, and a shotgun with a tiny banner that read "Abe Lincoln the Zombie Hunter." It was before I met you, but I understand that is a pretty humorous coincidence. I'd rather not get lynched, and I assume everyone else shares my sentiment.

Changing the subject, I'm equally unsurprised at Table's killing, although I figured CATS would be the first to go if he was innocent. With all due respect to Tables, CATS is a bit more calculating and methodical, in my opinion. So I guess I'll be random-voting him, unless someone presents a reason I shouldn't.

Sorry for the double post. But I'll be entirely honest: I'm not the vig. That's not to say I'm not a towny, however. I'm innocent, for what it's worth. Just not the one who took out Ratatosk.

It was just a hypothetical question; I know you're probably not the vig, but people were talking like they were so sure you were and wanted to lynch you anyway, and I found that really unusual. :/ We're trying to lynch mafia, not townies

It was just a hypothetical question; I know you're probably not the vig, but people were talking like they were so sure you were and wanted to lynch you anyway, and I found that really unusual. :/ We're trying to lynch mafia, not townies

Which in turn makes them quite suspicious hmmm....

Which in turn makes them quite suspicious hmmm....

I'd agree with this, and Messy Mike. Of course, its still of little relevance, but not lynching anyone is kind of a waste of a day phase, therefore for now, I'm voting CATS

I'll vote CATS Bacelzark atleast had a coincidence to vote for. CATS reasons don't make sense. Why kill the vigilante for a mistake early on? It was just a guess based on the fact he kept saying he was Godfather if indeed the he killed Lord Ratatosk.

What sort of a defense do you expect? There's no clues and I've done nothing other than random-vote. I am definitely trying to get people lynched, but that alone shouldn't indicate that I'm mafia, since there's tons of people random-voting and trying to get somebody lynched. That's all I've got as far as defending myself goes. Oh, and:

Why kill the vigilante for a mistake early on?

This implies that I'm trying to kill the vigilante, when the reality is that I can't possibly know who he is, so it doesn't even matter.

I'm gonna if both CATS and I turn out to be innocent. Especially since he'll be a valuable ally if he's not in fact a mafioso.

Unfortunately, this is probably the case.

I guess I'll just change vote to Core (unvote'd) for now, for no particular reason, just a really vague hunch.

Edited by CATS

What sort of a defense do you expect? There's no clues and I've done nothing other than random-vote. I am definitely trying to get people lynched, but that alone shouldn't indicate that I'm mafia, since there's tons of people random-voting and trying to get somebody lynched. That's all I've got as far as defending myself goes. Oh, and:

This implies that I'm trying to kill the vigilante, when the reality is that I can't possibly know who he is, so it doesn't even matter.

But it sounds like you want to kill him.

I wouldn't be too concerned about lynching the vig. The vig is a wild card role; it can help the cits, but it can just as easily hurt them more than it helps (just look at my performance as the vig in the last round). And the vig here has already killed one townie. I don't think we'd be hurting our chances very much if we lynched him.

Votes:

Me--3

messy mike--3

Core--1

But it sounds like you want to kill him.

No, read the post again. I said I won't consider it much of a loss if we unknowingly lynch the vig. I didn't say that I'm actively hunting him down.

Edited by CATS