what video game sequel do you hate most and why

aizengard

Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World.

I was very disaponited with it. One thing was that they tured it in to pokemon and I didn't like some of the new voice actors. I might only hate them because I hate Wendee Lee as a voice actor and her choice for Lloyd and Raine.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn because they removed supports from the original and had a much worse plot. Plus the multiple teams idea was handled very poorly, especially in Part 2.

Edited by LunaOrangeCrush

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption is the first that came to my mind.

• It's easy.
  • It's boring.
  • I hate using the Wiimote (with or without nun chucks) >_> And there's no option to use classic/Gamecube controllers.
  • Among other Metroid adventure games, it felt the least like Metroid. >_>

I agree with MP3 as fairly disappointing. I didn't dislike it, but I liked it less than MP1 and 2 all in all.

There was a time when I would have said Devil May Cry 2, not so much because it's bad, but because it's so much worse than the original. However, having 3 and 4, which are both very decent games (though I prefer the original to either of the good sequels) make up for it.

I'm going to Earthworm Jim 3d (sequel to Earthworm Jim 2, one of my favorite platformers of all time).

The two other honorable mentions are Musashi: Samurai Legend and Donkey Kong 64, both mediocre sequels to absolutely excellent platformers. (musashi has some RPG elements)

3 words: Deus ex 2

ruined the franchise (that did only consist of 1 game before it :lol: ) and destroyed hopes of the movie that was going to be made.

if they dare screw up 3 I will send them so much hate mail there Hard Drive will crash!

Edited by Quac!

Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World.

I was very disaponited with it. One thing was that they tured it in to pokemon and I didn't like some of the new voice actors. I might only hate them because I hate Wendee Lee as a voice actor and her choice for Lloyd and Raine.

It's even harder than Pokemon because it's pretty hard to capture anything aside from Ventus Phoenix Rush spam. The only voice actors that sounded good were those for Tenebrae and Ratatosk Emil, IMO.

Personally, it's Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. They took away everything good from the previous game...

inb4noobsayschronocross

I disliked Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. I feel that it was a combination of a lot of little things, such as the slower battles, the slower surf speed, taking forever to find something in your bag, a fucking skunk, and some other stuff that made me not like it.

3 words: Deus ex 2

ruined the franchise (that did only consist of 1 game before it :lol: ) and destroyed hopes of the movie that was going to be made.

Another very good answer to this question :(

I guess Final Fantasy II. The NES one, not the SNES one that's really IV.

Really? I've never played the original NES FFII but I liked the PS1 version. Very good music, and even though the levelling up system was kind of annoying I thought the dungeons were kinda fun to explore and the story was pretty good.

I think the bigger problem about Final Fantasy II was that it was simply incredibly bland. Not to say it's due to the story, but really it was just...It's hard to explain I guess, FF2 just rubs one the wrong way.

I'm surprised that was mentioned before Final Fantasy 3, which can make FF2 look like a thrilling heartstopper of a game.

I think the bigger problem about Final Fantasy II was that it was simply incredibly bland. Not to say it's due to the story, but really it was just...It's hard to explain I guess, FF2 just rubs one the wrong way.

I'm surprised that was mentioned before Final Fantasy 3, which can make FF2 look like a thrilling heartstopper of a game.

I think that in terms of gameplay, at least, FF3 (like FF2) retains a kind of "novelty value" for having a job system. Of course, I think that's more of a "good for its time" aspect that fades when compared to FF5, which has a more refined job system and a story that, while not particularly engaging, has a kind of whimsical charm that (I don't think) can be called bland.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Biggest waste of money on a game so far in my life.

1)Hika--or Zeph, I forget which--thought of a better name for it: Pokemon: Dawn of the New World.

2)The drastic change in voice actors broke that cool sense of continuity. Stupid directors wanted non-union voice actors. Plus, the new voices for the old cast were rather hard to listen to as well. They just didn't fit. Jennifer Hale will always be Sheena. <3 Well, at least they still got Cam Clarke--one of my most favorite VAs--for Kratos and Heather Hogan for Colette.

3)The game was broken. I could pull off ridiculously long combos effortlessly while they were defeneseless in the air. Also, the Pokemonmonsters must have been on steroids or something, because two hits from my long-time companion wolf thingy killed Decus. :(

4)The old Symphonia characters can't be leveled up. Highest they go is 50, and they're not that great either. Also, there's no Kratos. Although, I suppose that's a good thing because they probably would have nerfed him too. The only "shining light" for the old Symphonia characters was this one easy-to-do "endless" combo I discovered for Lloyd, but other than that, they suck. :(

5)Characters were vastly inconsistent. Lloyd suddenly adopted that "must be loner badass" personality and executed it horribly. Seriously, he couldn't even tell his friends that there was a good reason he was doing what he was doing? Regal has suddenly become a shameless salesman. He can't stop mentioning that every product he uses and that they run into is made by Lezareno Company. (Presea's change, however, is slightly more understandable.)

6)New characters were "meh." A large portion of the fanbase found Emil annoying as hell. I didn't, but it's not all about me. Marta was okay, but some found her Emil fangirlness a tad annoying. Rictor was a wannabe Kratos--and a bad one at that. "Look at me: I have red hair, secretly work for the enemy, become a major boss, and has a strong connection/past with the main character, but he doesn't find out until late in the game." (Tenebrae was okay. Some even say he was "Jade done better.")

7)Plot was very average and lacked any sort of strong continuity with the first. That's bad storytelling, as it falls directly under the category of "shit we just made up right now, on the spot, that wasn't preplanned or anything." Hence, why it's more rightfully called a spin-off, not a sequel.

8)This one is less of a reason why it was bad, but more of a cause. The game was made by a different team than the first one, so obviously, some funky shit is going to go down...

On the other hand, the game did have plenty of humorous moments. Whoopie.

Edited by Fireman

Don't get me wrong I like most of rare's games on N64/SNES but I hated starfox adventures its as though they tried to make it as far removed from Lylat Wars as possible plus the series has got worse since the addition of Krystal IMO.

No games really come to mind for me :/

The N64 James Bond game that followed Goldeneye if it counts.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Biggest waste of money on a game so far in my life for the following reasons:

*Lots of text*

I agree about 45%.

Don't get me wrong I like most of rare's games on N64/SNES but I hated starfox adventures its as though they tried to make it as far removed from Lylat Wars as possible plus the series has got worse since the addition of Krystal IMO.

That's an awesome game IMO. I only partly like Krystal though.

FE Radiant Dawn, at which I already raged somewhere else.

That's an awesome game IMO.

The N64 James Bond game that followed Goldeneye if it counts.

Wasn't made by the same developer, I probably wouldn't count it as a sequel.

Perfect Dark is much more a sequel to Goldeneye than any James Bond game.

Wasn't made by the same developer, I probably wouldn't count it as a sequel.

Perfect Dark is much more a sequel to Goldeneye than any James Bond game.

Well I was disappointed by Perfect Dark too, but I barely played it. It totally changed Goldeneye's feel.

I'd say Spectral Force 3 but that's not fair, considering that I've never played any of the other SF games.

So my vote goes to... Actually, I don't know. I haven't played a really shitty sequel in such a long time.

To those who posted ToS: Dawn of the New World, HATS OFF TO YOU, SIRS! GOD That game sucked. It was just bad. The World Map was fail and i miss the colorful cel-shading. Also what Firemang said.

I dont know it if really counts a sequel but FFVIII was probably the worst game i have ever played. Ever.

That's an awesome game IMO. I only partly like Krystal though.

Don't get me wrong it would be a good game in its owwn right but as a follow up to Lylat Wars...meh.

I'm also probably very biased as Peppy was my favourite character and I hated his new appearance.

Don't get me wrong it would be a good game in its owwn right but as a follow up to Lylat Wars...meh.

I'm also probably very biased as Peppy was my favourite character and I hated his new appearance.

I'm also biased as I didn't like Lylat Wars... The only Star Foxes I've played and liked are the original and Dinosaur Planet, I far prefered DP. I understand people complaining that it's not like its prequels, though I kinda like the idea of sidestory games like that with totally different mechanics (if they're good that is)

Sonic Heroes 2...because it doesn't exist...:[

I didn't like how SSBB took SSBM's controls and made it a lot less smooth and more complicated.

???

I have to admit, I've played a lot more brawl than Melee, so you can consider me not very 1337 as far as the SSB series is concerned.

However, I definitely find Brawl a lot easier to control than Melee? I thought most people complained that on account of being "floaty" brawl was a lot easier than melee (I've also found that generally recovery is a lot easier in brawl).