• Lucia
    • Mia
    • Stefan
    • They all suck

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rutger's bosskilling abilities are also pretty essential in FE6, since low hit weapons+ excessive throne Avo+ really fast bosses make for annoying enemies to defeat. Mia doesn't really have anything like this.

I guess Mia's team has issues with doubling enemies overall, but the RKO rates that Rutger's team faces are definitely worse as a whole, not to mention his team has hit issues all over the place, because well it's FE6.

He basically has boss killing to put him into top. I'm sure everyone would still see him as near the top of high tier even if you dropped that annoying +30 avo from thrones/gates/etc. Besides, Dieck and Marcus and Zealot are better for some bosses due to not facing crit or because it is an armor that better str is better for and they all double anyway with armorslayer or things like that. I'd be willing to say that he's not good for the chapter 4 boss, for example. But the chapter 5 boss he is good for. But if you ignore boss killing he ends up about the same as Mia (well, worse actually). You get things like Oscar 3RKOing tons of halbs and stuff throughout unless you use silver greatlance but then his hit drops. And Mia reliably 3 hits, always doubles, and with a skill that doesn't even cost precious uses of rare weapons (at the start) like killing edge/wo dao (only 60 uses total until chapter 13, and the wo dao you might want to save some uses for later) she can pull 60% on everything. It's an incredible difference. At times Rutger is only the difference between two rounding and three rounding. Heck, early on Rutger is 3RKOing mercs (chapter 5). The only thing you could do is give him a killing edge and hope for a crit. But Dieck can do that too. And be less likely to get criticaled. Well, Rutger starts at 15 spd and you basically hope for him to hit 16 in his first level if you let him bosskill in chapter 4. Otherwise, 15 spd vs. a bunch of guys with 12. 18 mt with killing edge against 29/6. A 3 round. And 3 or 4 luck against 6 crit. Dieck is much better on these things.

Mia takes something nobody uses nearly as well and gets you a 60% chance to make things dead. One round versus two rounding compared to 3 versus 4 or something? Yet nobody really holds his early game against him. It took forever to get people to stop crying over 3-P and 3-1. And Mia is even top 3 against most enemies there. It's only the Generals against which she actually fails. And that's with no Adept.

At least as far as durability goes I'll grant that Rutger is facing about the same RKO numbers and units like Lot and friends may still be facing crit, too, so he's no worse there. Mia is obviously worse durably than the rest for a little while.

I'm not saying Mia gives more to her team than Rutger gives to him. You can easily drop any one or two (or even three) of the high/top tiers from this game and have little trouble finishing and probably not even hurt your turncount much. Maybe if you lose Haar you'll suffer in 3-3 and if you lose sothe you'll suffer early on in the DB. Lose Rutger and I'm sure you'll have major problems until chapter 13 or something when Fir actually starts pulling through. Probably want to go Bartre's route if you lose Rutger. But there are similarities between them.

See, I was going off of this:

mia.jpg

To me they seem pretty big there. Or big enough. Or something. Of course, it is an awkward pose, I guess. No matter what way you split it though, she's all-around awesome.

That's what happens when you post a huge-ass picture like that.

Also, lol at people bringing in FE6 and almost FE4 into disscusion.

Edited by Soul

I suppose sarcasm doesn't travel well over the intarwebs. :awesome:

And to make this post slightly relevant: What if Vantage still ALWAYS activated?

slightly relevant? In Ether's topic, sure. In this one? At least my Mia vs. Rutger comments involved Mia in fe10 as she exists. Drop the Rutger stuff and I'm still comparing Mia to other units on her team, which to many people is relevant when determining the best of a class when the representatives are all in different parts.

slightly relevant? In Ether's topic, sure. In this one? At least my Mia vs. Rutger comments involved Mia in fe10 as she exists. Drop the Rutger stuff and I'm still comparing Mia to other units on her team, which to many people is relevant when determining the best of a class when the representatives are all in different parts.

Well, last I checked, Mia was the only one who came with Vantage for free, so yes it does make it slightly relevant. Yeesh... can't a bro catch a break around these parts? Is it wrong to be literal? Sure I make stretches, but I'm human. It's what I do.

Whatever, stopping now.

• 4 weeks later...

They all suck.

Edward belonging to the Dawn Brigade is an epic fail already. His fail defense makes it all the more better.

Zihark has fail durability. Earth affinity? Fine. But did I forget that he hogs your EXP in Part 1?

Lucia is fail because she is fail and thus she fails because she is. And she hogs your beloved 2-2 EXP that Nephenee can use.

Mia can't kill anything by herself until LV 13 or so.

Stefan only has VK going for him, he sucks more than Lucia.

They all suck.

Edward belonging to the Dawn Brigade is an epic fail already. His fail defense makes it all the more better.

Zihark has fail durability. Earth affinity? Fine. But did I forget that he hogs your EXP in Part 1?

Lucia is fail because she is fail and thus she fails because she is. And she hogs your beloved 2-2 EXP that Nephenee can use.

Mia can't kill anything by herself until LV 13 or so.

Stefan only has VK going for him, he sucks more than Lucia.

So you are saying the Dawn Brigade fails and you say Zihark's fail durability is made by up with Earth affinity, but he sucks because he steals exp from part 1? Lol. If the Dawn Brigade sucks and is not worth training but Zihark doesn't suck obviously the EXP is going to a good place. Edward fails, I agree. Lucia does too because of availability issues. Mia can't kill anything by herself? Okay so she can't 1RKO until a certain point. So? Gatrie can't either until he begins doubling. If fail is defined as failing to 1RKO early on but improves as the character levels then several units fail.

So you are saying the Dawn Brigade fails and you say Zihark's fail durability is made by up with Earth affinity, but he sucks because he steals exp from part 1? Lol. If the Dawn Brigade sucks and is not worth training but Zihark doesn't suck obviously the EXP is going to a good place. Edward fails, I agree. Lucia does too because of availability issues. Mia can't kill anything by herself? Okay so she can't 1RKO until a certain point. So? Gatrie can't either until he begins doubling. If fail is defined as failing to 1RKO early on but improves as the character levels then several units fail.

To be more Specific,every GM that isn't Ike or Shinon/Titania fails,and Gatrie fails most of the time.All 1st tier DB fail except maybe Nolan,and all 2nd tier DB fail because they steal exp.The only good characters are royals,obviously.

To be more Specific,every GM that isn't Ike or Shinon/Titania fails,and Gatrie fails most of the time.All 1st tier DB fail except maybe Nolan,and all 2nd tier DB fail because they steal exp.The only good characters are royals,obviously.

Naliah also, she steal EXP from all your units in Part 1. Obviously she's terrible.

Naliah also, she steal EXP from all your units in Part 1. Obviously she's terrible.

Yeah,that's true.

Oh,and 4-5 is an EXP chapter,so Tibarn steal EXP to,so he's out.

Zihark or Edward because part one is harder.

I use Mia to weaken enemies only

Edward because Part One is harder? To use him increases the difficulty if you want him to survive. Considering his durability is poor and he isn't a great dodger like the myrmidons of the past?

Part One really isn't that hard as on my second playthrough (no transfers) I actually knew who to use instead of characters like Edward.

Volug is amazing though! I dont really feed him kills until i can take Wildheart off though.

I do try to use Jill and Fiona though. Aran sometimes. Nolan gets a lot of use too. Edward gets some kills in the beginning but i just dont like using him much. He does become a liability because of his lack of dodging like a myrmidon should.

Who do you use? I usually use Edward, Aran, Jill, Zihark and Ilyana the most. I avoid giving too many kills to Sothe, Volug, Tormod, Tauroneo, BK and Nailah.

Nolan, Jill, Micaiah, Sothe and Volug. Ilyana, even when trained sucks, I tried the best I could and even went out of my way to feed kills, later when she rejoins, doubled and killed happens.

Nolan always gets screwed and so I dont use him too much.

Edward dodges as much as Meg, which isnt much but he's the one character I like to spoil.

So? That doesn't mean he's better. If I pool all my exp into one character of course he/she becomes better than all the others.