• Mia
    • Stefan
    • They all suck

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mia ftw.

she has the best playing time and skills.

Lucia is very good, but her playing time is too limited.

Edward is second for me (come on, he has his own prf weapon!)

never liked Zihark and Stefan.

I voted Mia, but it is pretty level all the way through (aside from Lucia)

Edward you kinda need to get lucky with, my first 2 playthroughs he never got legitimate avoid and defense, and I had to protect him.

Zihark kind of requires babying once you advance from part 1 to part 3 (at least, in my experiences..)

Lucia... yeah... no.

I guess Stefan is good if you haven't trained any others.

I've always been a big fan of Mia, but she's always been reliable, and since she maxes speed/skill so fast, you can BEXP her to get strength and other essential stats.

Mia.And I'm not saying that just because I'm biased.

Mia. And I'm saying that just because I'm biased.

I could go with either of these posts, really.

Although on EM, Edward > All due to insane growths. Even in NM, if you don't mind making the second half of part 1 a little tougher, he's easily better than anyone except maybe Mia.

(the 20/4 Edward with 20+ Str/Skl/Spd/Luck/Def is making me biased, but whatever)

But I'll go with Mia because I know that no one but me plays EM or NM. Besides, I prefer her as a character...

Edited by Lord Ratatosk

Mia. Best affinity overall, overall cutest and most appealing, and incredibly good statwise, only slightly worse than Ed, but he won't be catching up without extra fattening, in which you could just use that on Mia to make her good as well.

But I'll go with Mia because I know that no one but me plays EM or NM. Besides, I prefer her as a character...

Don't forget me...

Anyway, I picked Edward because he actually has a decent strength growth and can actually kill stuff on his own.

I voted Mia, because I'm biased in favor of good characters. Also, she comes with a free vantage. Even though they nerfed it, it still is going off 28% of the time at the start of part 3.

Eddie vs. Z is an interesting comparison. At the start of tier 2, Z has the edge in all stats but Str. He also starts off with one of the best skills in the game. However, in the long run, Eddie will cap more stats, plus he gets a free super-sword. I say Eddie gets the #2 slot.

Really, it's a tough choice, and you could do a whole lot worse than picking any of the 3 for your endgame team. I wouldn't mind bringing them all. Unfortunately, since I'm playing with transfer data, Eddie will probably get benched on my current playthrough.

Also, I'll pick Lucy over Stefan, and this is based on principle. Stefan practically forgot to show up in this game, and if you show up late because you slept through your alarm clock or whatever, you go to the bottom of the roster. B)

Mia. Best availability, great affinity, grest growths, and she's kind of cute too. :P

On EM, I'd say Mia > Edward > Zihark > Stefan > Lolcia.

On NM, Mia > Zihark > Edward > Stefan >>>>>>>>> Lolcia.

On HM, Mia is the only one usable. Zihark could be, but you're gonna want all that EXP to go to Miccy/Nolan/Jill so you just can't risk raising him.

On a side note: Even though, everyone makes fun of Edward (blocks axes with his face, etc.) I've always found him pretty useful and it really doesn't take long for him build up his avoid so he doesn't block axes with his face (when in doubt, just support him with Nolan.) Heck, on my first NM PT he made it to number one with over 180 kills.

Edited by El Rey León

I went with Zihark because I'm incredibly biased against Mia.

Me too.

Also Zihark is pretty decent. If you recruit him to the GM side, he can catch up pretty good. Atleast on Easy/Normal mode. I really dont like Mia.

Mia, then i would pick Stefan because he's the one i go to when i need another unit and i haven't trained anyone else.

facts:

Edward averagely caps 6 stats.

Zihark averagely caps 3 stats.

Lucia averagely caps 5 stats.

Mia averagely caps 5 stats.

Stefan averagely caps 4 stats.

impressions:

for me a unit with great growths is a good unit, the more caps the better. sure, in this game almost everyone can be saved from being bad. but at the looks of this Edward is the best, and Lucia isn't as bad as people say if you don't count playing time.

this makes Zihark look bad, doesn't it? well, good.

"Who's the best trueblade?" should actually be answered by a fact, I think, not by a poll. now it's just "Who do you like most?"

It depends on your ressource.Like,in EM,Edward easily is better than Mia,since you have A LOT of spare BEXP.If you're playing any other mode,Edward's early-game will probably be too hard for you to do something with him.Go for Mia in there,she is juss slightly less better,but A LOT more easy to train without really any consequence.It's kind of sad when you know how good he is in his third class.But anyway,Mia will do the job at any time,especially when making her support with Ike.She's great!

# of stats capped is pretty meaningless in determining who is the best.

This. Capped stats mean nothing when your availability sucks and you're not easy to train, especially when some caps can be low.

Rolf has a higher chance of capping hp, str, and spd than Shinon, but I would never call him the better Sniper/Marksmen.

and Lucia isn't as bad as people say if you don't count playing time.

Except people do, and her average stats are horrible. I took her to endgame once and MIST (at capped str) was doing more damage than Lucia (who hadn't capped til 4-E-3) If she didn't have the Brave Sword for the first to E-chapters she wouldn't have been able to kill anything.

Edited by El Rey León