Stuck in Poland.

Raven

No idea exactly when I can fly back to the UK, either.

Needless to say, I think I will have to apply for mitigating circumstances where university work applies.

Tough Break. Any idea what you're going to do for accommadation and income or do the travel agency you used have ot covered?

Tough Break. Any idea what you're going to do for accommadation and income or do the travel agency you used have ot covered?

Nah that stuff is covered thankfully. The only real problem I face is not knowing for certain when I will be home, and the shitload of university work I have due throughout next week.

Wait what?

Also, is it true that the ash can reach half away around the world?

Depending on the eruption, it can totally cover it.

I know it happened once, I believe with the Krakatoa in Indonesia back in the 19th century. In fact, the next year after it happened, temperatures were 1.2 degrees Celsius under the average worldwide.

Wait, what ash?

Volcanic ashes coming from Iceland.

Oh well, at least you'll be close to your girlfriend, Raven.

Edited by Dio

Wait, what ash?

Volcano eruption in Iceland. You should watch the new every once in a while.

That kinda sucks Raven though... At least if you're lucky you might be able to use it as a good excuse to not do your homework

Edited by Reinfleche

... Well soooorrryyy. It's just supposed to be really important news as far as I know. Since like 10,000 airports are held up globally. (I don't live in Europe either)

Ugh, that sucks. Buss + boat not in the question?

Sadly not. I've already paid for the flight home, and knowing British Airways, they will not cough up the money I paid if I cancel the flight they should eventually re-reschedule for me.

Wow, that's terrible. You have my sympathies. Hope everything turns out alright.

Yeah. The only problem is my University work that is due in throughout the coming week. I may miss a few deadlines. Mitigating circumstances should hopefully cover me, though.

Oh well, at least you'll be close to your girlfriend, Raven.

Hey, well, least you're spending time with your girlfriend, right?

Aha, I've been here since the 30th March, so I guess a few more days will be fine.

That kinda sucks Raven though... At least if you're lucky you might be able to use it as a good excuse to not do your homework

All it will do is delay the inevitable.

Also a satellite image of the ash cover over Europe:

z7782641X.jpg

Edited by Raven

I know it happened once, I believe with the Krakatoa in Indonesia back in the 19th century. In fact, the next year after it happened, temperatures were 1.2 degrees Celsius under the average worldwide.

I studied this, it was below freezing in the Summer. Ash, once in the air can spread quickly coating the Earth with particles spread worldwide. This blocks sunlight, which logically leads to less light and less heat coming to Earth.

Luckily enough for me, I managed to book a coach leaving Poland's Capital of Warsaw tomorrow heading for London. Booked it two days ago, and already all the coaches for this week are fully booked. From London I need to get on a train to Cardiff, then from there to my hometown Maesteg. I estimate that the whole journey from Warsaw to Maesteg will take about 30 hours. Fanfuckingtastic.

That's really unlucky.

A couple of people in my year at school are stuck in Malta because their rugby team had a match there. The legal drinking age there is 16 apparently so they've been having a whale of a time. Various teachers are also stuck in various places around the world, including my tutor in Croatia and bitchy science teacher in Dubai.

Edited by Tambo