Gatrie Vs. Oswin

Gatrie Vs. Oswin  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rd Gatrie --/20/20 caps str, spd and def and gets an average res of 25 which means he can tank a lot better while doubling some enemies on part 4(31 spd lol)and since he has 20 more lv ups hp is not an issue.

EDIT: Also worth noting, both are the best armors in their games.

Edited by viyut

Everyone caps multiple stats in RD, the same can't be said for Blazing Sword. Also, Meg is closer to Gatrie than Wallace is to Oswin.

Um, not in efficient play. Well, I have no clue about Wallace and Oswin. But Meg is so very far from Gatrie in ability to contribute when you aren't boss abusing that comparing them is like comparing the sun to an ice cube.

Gatrie is an unkillable Death Machine. Meg is a Paper-Durability Poking Machine. Way different.

what's important isn't the stats they hit for the last chapter of the game. It's what they do during the game. And Gatrie is a death-god. A slow moving one, of course, but that's what rescuing and reyson are for. Well, and there are chapters where his move doesn't matter because of enemy positioning.

Meg you spend a lot more time building her than being able to kill stuff with her. Gatrie is the opposite. You get a lot more kill-face time than training time.

I never thought I'd vote against Gatrie, but Oswin's invincibility for the first half of his game combined with the fact that he can marry Serra wtf? actually make him better. :(

Gatrie is still > Gilliam, though, I think.

Um, not in efficient play. Well, I have no clue about Wallace and Oswin. But Meg is so very far from Gatrie in ability to contribute when you aren't boss abusing that comparing them is like comparing the sun to an ice cube.

Gatrie is an unkillable Death Machine. Meg is a Paper-Durability Poking Machine. Way different.

what's important isn't the stats they hit for the last chapter of the game. It's what they do during the game. And Gatrie is a death-god. A slow moving one, of course, but that's what rescuing and reyson are for. Well, and there are chapters where his move doesn't matter because of enemy positioning.

Meg you spend a lot more time building her than being able to kill stuff with her. Gatrie is the opposite. You get a lot more kill-face time than training time.

Narga, Wallace is absolute shit. To get him, you have to give up on Geitz (much better in HHM than both a promoted Dorcas and Bartre), high level lords (even though you can realistically have Hector, Eliwood and Lyn total 49 levels instead of 50) and a great map which can give you a nice Tactics surplus for a Fog of War map with a moving Swordmaster boss (Lloyd also holds a Silver Sword to make matters worse).

You don't have to field Meg as she'll never be a negative. Wallace is a negative the second you attempt to get him before you even consider his stats.

Edited by King Russell

Oswin is more invincible against the enemies he faces than Gatrie. Also, while Gatrie does own pretty hard, he is in a team full of death machines anyway. Oswin, on the other hand, is a tank with ridiculous offense in a team that isn't very strong at all in the beginning.

I'll go with Oswin on this one.

Oswin is more invincible against the enemies he faces than Gatrie. Also, while Gatrie does own pretty hard, he is in a team full of death machines anyway. Oswin, on the other hand, is a tank with ridiculous offense in a team that isn't very strong at all in the beginning.

Exactly, I promoted Oswin at level 20 at chapter 17. I have played through blazing sword 4 times and every single time, Oswin has turned into a death machine.

You don't have to field Meg as she'll never be a negative. Wallace is a negative the second you attempt to get him before you even consider his stats.

Exactly, Meg rivals Gatrie at 20/20/20 and although she takes a lot of leveling up and isn't quite as good, she'll still "never be a negative." In fact, she can be taken out of any chapter from the time you get her to endgame.

Edited by FireEmblemReignsSupreme

Deploy Meg in 1-4, she shoves, finds a coin (shiny!), and hits a wall since it's the only thing that can't kill her. She's already a positive, which probably puts her above the likes of Lyre/Astrid/Fiona who actually are negatives, but it's not like what she's doing nobody else can do, they just have better stuff to do.

Of course, if we actually deploy and use her to fight, she's really bad.

Deploy Meg in 1-4, she shoves, finds a coin (shiny!), and hits a wall since it's the only thing that can't kill her. She's already a positive, which probably puts her above the likes of Lyre/Astrid/Fiona who actually are negatives, but it's not like what she's doing nobody else can do, they just have better stuff to do.

Of course, if we actually deploy and use her to fight, she's really bad.

At first, however after a mound of BEXP and paragon, she turns out almost as good as Gatrie.

At first, however after a mound of BEXP and paragon, she turns out almost as good as Gatrie.

I don't know where you people get the idea that low level + low stats implies a good unit. Probably the misinformed character guides, but where did they get the idea from?

After a mound of BEXP and paragon, any character in a particular class turns out comparable to other characters in the same class.

Astrid can make potshots on 3-9, which can actually be minorly useful as it allows Geoff to ORKO with Brave Lance, different combinations of units to KO (there's a lot of borderline 2RKOing in the CRKs). Plus, she can put out houses.

Fiona can block a ledge in 3-13.

Lyre...not sure what she can ever do. Not to mention she always have deployment slot competition.

After a mound of BEXP and paragon, any character in a particular class turns out comparable to other characters in the same class.

True, but that is due to the fact that almost all characters cap multiple stats in RD.

I don't know where you people get the idea that low level + low stats implies a good unit. Probably the misinformed character guides, but where did they get the idea from?

Like Speedwagon said, the character averages will speak for themselves. Meg and Edward are two examples of good low-level units. Fiona and Leonardo are two examples of low-level units who turn out terrible.

True, but that is due to the fact that almost all characters cap multiple stats in RD.

Like Speedwagon said, the character averages will speak for themselves. Meg and Edward are two examples of good low-level units. Fiona and Leonardo are two examples of low-level units who turn out terrible.

If I cared, I could fix Fiona's strength and skill issues with BEXP, and give her Paragon to help her catch up in level. I could do the same for Leonardo's strength and speed.

Does anybody else miss scrolls? I thought they were great. Give Meg Sety + Neir scrolls or something. Good times.

So, um, let's talk about Gatrie and Oswin again?

Talking about Meg was a bit okay, I suppose, but Ed and co might be a little much.

What? Trained Fiona > trained Meg, easily. As you said, the averages speak for themselves (and then there's things like mobility, affinity, and weapon choices in Fiona's favor). Though with BEXP Fiona can potentially reach her Str and Skl caps as well, and if you only care about caps, her caps > Meg's.

As for the actual topic, I'd have to vote RD Gatrie. Oswin is cool and all but I don't think he makes as much of an impact.

So, um, let's talk about Gatrie and Oswin again?

Talking about Meg was a bit okay, I suppose, but Ed and co might be a little much.

Yeah... I guess Meg's efficiency depends on the player's desire to level her. Anyway, everyone has their own opinion. We should definitely get back to the topic. Due to the nature of Blazing Sword, Oswin needs stat boosters to cap many of his stats. That isn't a statement about Oswin being weak, but rather one about Blazing Sword characters capping few stats.