Mafia Round 5

General Spoon

1. I was alive for 2 days in your game

2. I only had to try to keep myself alive on day 2, and that day everyone was targeting me for being suspicious. Basically meaning, of course, that you're saying the cause and effect are the same. Like saying the cause of broken bones is the broken bones themselves.

Except I'm not saying that at all. The smart move is to let yourself die so that the town doesn't have a wasted day phase and still lynches you the next day. I'm saying that you're trying too hard to stay alive. The wise player knows when he or she needs to die so their team can propel themselves to victory.

The thing is, the town can win a battle of attrition. The mafia can't. So the fact that you're desperately clinging to staying alive makes me suspect that you're mafia. If there's a tie between us, I'll unvote you because I don't want the town to end up worse off. Can you say the same?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't think I want to vote for either Hika or Fayt right now. Hika's playing style has always been this way, and I am seeing some logic in his posts. I don't know, though. This day phase has been pretty weird considering how people have been acting

sorry for my earlier post, I'm uncertain on whether or not she wants to kick me out anymore

Lynching a vig claim is a horrible idea.

So far, no one has objected to Hika being vig and the role is easily provable, so I don't get why you'd want to vote for her.

This crap about lynching Hika today so we don't tomorrow makes no sense. Hika probably shouldn't have claimed vig this early, but what's done is done and there is no need to increase the damages.

Except I'm not saying that at all. The smart move is to let yourself die so that the town doesn't have a wasted day phase and still lynches you the next day. I'm saying that you're trying too hard to stay alive. The wise player knows when he or she needs to die so their team can propel themselves to victory.

The thing is, the town can win a battle of attrition. The mafia can't. So the fact that you're desperately clinging to staying alive makes me suspect that you're mafia. If there's a tie between us, I'll unvote you because I don't want the town to end up worse off. Can you say the same?

First of all, if I die, the town won't be able to have a night time lynch now will it?

Second, if we both unvote the other there would still be a tie~

There's three different possibilities for Hikarusa's claim:

1) He really is the Vigilante, in which case we don't want to lynch him.

2) He's not the Vigilante, and the real one is still alive, in which case the real one should shoot him tonight.

3) He's not the Vigilante, and I Eat Tables was the real one. Hika said he was intending to let the town know who was going to kill, and that he wanted suggestions for who to kill. Obviously killing an extra person at night isn't something the Mafia can fake, so it would only be a matter of time before we'd find out whether he's lying or not.

In short, I think lynching Hika right now would be pointless at best, and a very bad idea at worst.

First of all, if I die, the town won't be able to have a night time lynch now will it?

Second, if we both unvote the other there would still be a tie~

Here's an idea:

We vote for someone else this day phase.

You blast me during the night.

I still die, but we still get a chance at a mafioso today.

You can prove whether or not you're really the vigilante. If you're not, then the real vigilante blasts you tonight and proves that you're not him.

Sound fair to you?

I hate my connection right now.

I'll vote for Fayt. Hika's roleclaiming seems too bold to be that obvious since it has guaranteed him an early death, probably.

EDIT: I'd prefer he actually use his role, though. :\ It'd confirm it if by chance he IS spared tonight for any reason.

Edited by Crysta

Tonight's vig shot probably won't work since if vig is shot by the mafia, the shot won't go through.

That's interesting. Where did you learn this? This is the first I've heard of it

Hm, we've got about 3 hours left in this phase, and I don't think anyone can change the lynch at this point. I'll vote Fayt Zelpher, but I don't think he's mafia.

EDIT: vote changed

Edited by cheezperson

That's one of EpicMafia's rules I'm not going by. The vig shot goes through even if he's shot by mafia. And then I get to make an epic fight scene in which both combatants die.

Which is what I go to do in my game! <3 It was fun~

Anyway, I don't know whether to vote for Fayt or Raymond /: I don't know about Hika, really. I don't think he's lying, but that doesn't out the possibility that he could be... rrr

Dang it all.

Is Zelpher that hard to spell? Not Zephyr, not Zelphyr either.

Anyway, see you peoples next game.

(Spoon, feel free to end the phase at any time...)

Edited by Fayt Zelpher