Mafia Round 5

General Spoon

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So vig didn't shoot why? What's the point of the role if you're not going to shoot?

Well I was gonna

I mean I was gonna shoot Russel and then go after Raymond if he was innocent, but then it was like aaaaaa if I'm gonna kill based on a dumb suspicion I might as well just get straight to the point and kill Raymond. But then it was like Fayt said stuff and that seemed like a decent enough idea and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Vigilante is an awkward as fuck role and I would appreciate it if you didn't be an ass about it ok >8[

also I'm vigilante fuck it I would probably reveal it later this day anyways because someone would inevitably go against me and try to make me look like mafia or something you guys suck >8[

and this role sucks too >8[

So vig didn't shoot why? What's the point of the role if you're not going to shoot?

Well:

He/She wasn't online last night phase.

He/She was online, but didn't pay attention to this game.

He/She figured that it would be a waste of bullets to shoot someone without more evidence.

I'm really the vigilante, and I've already said that I don't want to risk helping out the Mafia by shooting an innocent.

Any of those would be viable reasons, except for the last one of course. Since I'm a generic and all.

I'm not gonna vote yet, but something seems... off about Raymond. I can't help but think that if Russel is innocent then Raymond is mafia. Maybe I'm just dumb

Something seems off about me? Why, I was just expressing my thoughts on how we could get the largest amount of information from our lynch. Without any usable information, all we can do is continue to vote randomly, which doesn't exactly increase our chances of success, does it?

Actually, roleclaiming to be the viligante does not exactly strike me as a good idea. Wouldn't the mafia want you dead if you really were? After all, even if the viligante kills a townie, the mafia can't have the Janitor cover it up, resulting in more information for us.

I'm not going to vote right now, but if Hikarusa survives the following night phase for any reason other than having been protected by the doctor, I know who I'll vote for tomorrow.

Something seems off about me? Why, I was just expressing my thoughts on how we could get the largest amount of information from our lynch. Without any usable information, all we can do is continue to vote randomly, which doesn't exactly increase our chances of success, does it?

Actually, roleclaiming to be the viligante does not exactly strike me as a good idea. Wouldn't the mafia want you dead if you really were? After all, even if the viligante kills a townie, the mafia can't have the Janitor cover it up, resulting in more information for us.

I'm not going to vote right now, but if Hikarusa survives the following night phase for any reason other than having been protected by the doctor, I know who I'll vote for tomorrow.

I don't know maybe I'm the one who's off

also I was bored and vigilante is awkward and annoying so I probably would've revealed it some time this day phase anyways. We'll see

Well, if no one has anything to say, all I can do is vote King Russel and see what happens. (Or Raymond, I'm really conflicted but eh)

I would normally not vote based on a dumb hunch (you know, unlike everyone else), but at this rate we won't get any information and I agree with what Raymond said about needing information, especially since I'm a night killing role that can't just shoot whoever he wants and win

Edited by Hikarusa

Yeah, since we haven't gotten any new info so far, trying to go after yesterday's suspicions seems like the best action to take right now.

Another vote for King Russell.

EDIT: unbolded

Edited by Raymond

And here goes the bandwagon...

Can someone explain Hika's logic to me at the very least? Why do I have to be lynched to prove anyone else's innocence? If you feel that Raymond is Mafia, why do I have to be sacrificed? Just because?

I don't know either, I have no idea what to do. I was also kind of hoping that it would start some kind of discussion since nothing was happening, but based on your post now, I don't think that'll happen.

Although yeah, Raymond seems to be going after you for Fayt while I'm going after you for Raymond. I agree that it's dumb, and yeah I think I should get straight to the point and vote Raymond, but I don't know. Normally I wait until someone makes some kind of weird mistake and attack them for that, it's really awkward going after people based on how I think they're acting. Ugh, switching vote to Raymond maybe?

Edited by Hikarusa

I wouldn't call that a bandwagon, Russell. I already voted for you yesterday, and since people decided to do something else instead, I'm just voting for you again today. My reasons are still the same. I'd vote for someone else, but what other evidence do we have? Most people do not seem to be posting very much in this round of Mafia, making it quite difficult to vote for someone who actually is suspicious. But as I already said, I'm not going to vote for a random player that hasn't even posted, as that likely wouldn't get us anywhere.

Actually, I'll change my vote to Fayt Zelpher, as lynching him would yield about the same amount of information as lynching Russell, but I feel that Fayt is more likely to be mafia than him.

Edited by Raymond

I'm going to vote King Russell. It might just be me, but he kinda seems like the guy who'd want IET out of the game quickly, and voting for Raymond because he voted for him is kinda lame reasoning.

I just came to a slight realization.

Tables was janned, correct? What if Tables had an actual important role and that's the reason why he was janned? If (assumption here) the Stalker stalked him on Night 1, that means that the Janitor would have known his role for a fact. Why would the Janitor clean-up a regular townie? The town logically assumes that the deceased must have been a regular Townie because assuming that he was the Cop or Doctor or another helpful job is a bit of a shot in the dark.

I think it's best to assume that Tables had a very helpful role for right now so that we don't falsely hope in the later parts of the game that the role is still active. Which is bad for us right now but if someone role claims, we might be able to figure out if they're lying or not.

Looks like I'll bite the dust then, huh. Three votes on my head already, and day phase will soon end. Well, I'm not going to tell you any fantastic tales about me having an epically useful role or anything, as even if that'd be true, it'd just encourage the mafia to kill me at night instead. All I can say is that I'm not mafia, and that lynching me is a waste of precious time. Whether you accept this advice or not isn't up to me to decide anyway.

@Russell: You're right, there's a good chance that Tables had an important role.

However, trying to get someone to roleclaim is something the mafia would want to do, as that would make it easier for them to eliminate the townies that have a special role, thus further minimizing our chances of a win.

Call me undecisive (because I am), but that really seems like what a mafioso would try to do, so I'll revert my vote back to King Russell.

Edited by Raymond

He was saying that if people role claimed in the future in order to convince people of something, we should realize right now that at least one person with a special role is probably dead so we should remember that for those cases so we can lure the mafioso out of the role claimers more easily or something.

I'm bad at grammaring so if you think this is dumb it's probably my fault

I think it incredibly dumb for Hika to roleclaim vigilante. Vigilante is not a dumb and awkward role, it is one of the most important for the town. I'm going to have to vote Hikarusa because if he is vigilante, he'll likely die tonight anyways. I have a suspicion that he's mafia though.

Edited by Core

@Hikarusa: Oh... I guess I misread that. Thanks for pointing that out; I thought he was suggesting for people to roleclaim right now.

I won't change my vote another time though, if only for the reason that no-one else seems to want to vote for Fayt right now.

I think it incredibly dumb for Hika to roleclaim vigilante. Vigilante is not a dumb and awkward role, it is one of the most important for the town. I'm going to have to vote Hikarusa because if he is vigilante, he'll likely die tonight anyways. I have a suspicion that he's mafia though.

Vigilante is an extremely awkward role. I'm not you. I don't normally go after people because I think they're acting kinda weird, this time is an exception, and even I feel dumb for doing it. This is a role that I cannot use properly.

Speaking of Fayt though, I kinda wanna vote him. I normally just go after small wordslips and such, which is why I voted him last day phase, but then people started going after Lychees. This is annoying. I have no idea what to do