Terrible

Chocolate Kitty

I just want to point out that I think the lance on your Halberdier animation should be going through the myrmidon, not on top of its sprite.

OTHERWISE.

I really need to get to recording this one XD

ANOTHER ONE?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been screwed somehow and may be forced to re-start... eh... *twitch*

Why does this always happen when i'm doing so damn well?!?!?!

Firstly: This does not explain anything.

Secondly: If you absolutely have to start over, go into FEditor and copy all changed text first. Then save it into Notepad. It saves a lot of time.

Finally: That sucks. lrntobackup

Anything gone that you can't find a back up for, oh, say, a sprite that you might need remade? wink wink, I'm really bored with spriting lately and doing some for you would be awesome, since that would give me motivation

Just let me know.

Edited by seph1212

@Camtech yeah, it doesn't... my bad.

Basically chapter 6 is completely screwed up beyond fixing. Causing me to have to return to a fresh rom and re-do the whole damn process again -_-

Good thing is nothing is gone except my long hours spent, everything else is backed up. I do learn from my mistakes eventually.

Bad thing is I have to re-configure stats, weapons, growths, ect. Which takes a while.

@Astra: the last back up was a long time ago, before I fixed the arena issue which is around 3~4 months ago. Not very helpful since a lot of things were changed.

@Seph: Actually, there is only one sprite I need done for the whole project. That would be Rachel, a troubadour girl, she's kinda shy and the rest i have no idea about. Xiltas is still working on this, but if you want to try and top him, be my guest.

All in all, expect nothing here for a while...

OH, OH, I HAVE AN IDEA THAT MAY FIX THIS.

You have to tell me what exactly you changed that screwed it up. If it was events, or a map, I can fix this.

(Also, wanna be a bit more specific on the troubadour? Like, length of hair, body size, any details?)

Edited by seph1212

Basically, what Trent wants to say is that, you could possibly fix the problem by opening up the original ROM in a hex editor, copying the unchanged hex and pasting it over the changed hex.

Shuh, ruin my surprise, Camcam.

YES. If it was a map or an event that you changed to cause the goof, by going to the offset for the event/map in the original FE8, in hex, and copying it over into yours, in hex, you can fix whatever went wrong.

Edited by seph1212

Chapter 6 events, something got messed up and everything I change in the events, nothing gets applied, forcing a stupid and unbeatable chapter... But what you say makes sense, now I feel stupid :facepalm:

Long hair, maybe average height... Anything else is up to your imagination.

D:

Damn...

Sorry to hear that. Make sure to get all the text from the old hack before you delete it, so you can just load the script instead of having to do it all over again.

I'm here to help if you need anything for it.

Eh... I do have to start over... Nothing worked... Sorry guys, I'll post some updates in the near future

=/... the hack was so good.

You can do it again, im sure =).

Hey! Nico! Haven't seen you here before.

But yeah, don't worry, I have all the stuff needed backed up(portraits, script, maps, ect.), and I have the old copy to reference off of. I'll make it better. Already tweaking up some of the maps.

Eh... I do have to start over... Nothing worked... Sorry guys, I'll post some updates in the near future

Dammit. That means I have to wait even longer for the next version.

I have good news and bad news:

Good News: Thanks to Seph, Zahlman, and sappy, I plan on having "custom" music! Finally!

Bad News: I'm scrapping the project. :lol: I wasted half the day finding that out :/ whatever it was worth it!