FE

What

FE has more dedicated forums/areas than Pokemon here. Also, FE11 is pretty cool. The reclass system is awesome, too bad I couldn't have a full army of Knights.

FE1 had a story to cut?

lulz, exactly what I thought. Even Marth, the main character was so generic it was ridiculous. But gameplay-wise FE11 wasn't too great either. The only nice thing about it was H5 and the reclass system was an okay concept.

In my opinion, it was ridiculous that FESD has, not one, but FIVE freaking Hard Modes. Can't they jyst satisfy whith two at most? (You know, FE9 having HM and MM). But NOOO, ridiculously enough, we get FIVE Hard Modes.

I fail to see how how FESD having 5 hard modes is anything other than "good" and "a step in the right direction".

Hard 1 can't be significantly harder than the piss easy normal mode and the difficulty difference between Normal and H5 is so huge that many would choose to just end the game with Normal Mode.

FE3 Book 2, FE4, FE5.

Edited by Speedwagon

Hard 1 can't be significantly harder than the piss easy normal mode

In fact, I've been told Hard 1 is Normal Mode without Prologue, and reinforcements at the start of enemy phase.

In fact, I've been told Hard 1 is Normal Mode without Prologue, and reinforcements at the start of enemy phase.

Enemies do get a very slight boost, but it's maybe an extra point in each stat and I think slightly better weapon levels. The boost is proportional to the difficulty level, so H5 has five times the boost H1 does.

I quite like having multiple difficulty settings, although it's a shame it has to be attached to the worst FE. It would be nice to play through H5 on FE8 or something and see 42ATK Gorgons and 33ATK/30AS Gwyllgis.

Edited by Anouleth

In my opinion, it was ridiculous that FESD has, not one, but FIVE freaking Hard Modes. Can't they jyst satisfy whith two at most? (You know, FE9 having HM and MM). But NOOO, ridiculously enough, we get FIVE Hard Modes.

I don't get how more levels of difficulty is a bad thing. You don't have to play them. Just consider NM = NM, HM = H2/3, MM = H5. Or something like that. Giving more levels of difficulty helps someone that likes the challenge of H2 and wants more but can't take H5. It's like in various shooting games where there are like 8+ levels of difficulty. Most people probably aren't jumping to godmode after beating the first difficulty level.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Forget you haters, FE11 is the best FE. Fighting the equivalent to level 16 pirates on chapter 1 is very alluring.

I wish difficulty modes wouldn't affect only units, but the maps as well.

Are we talking small changes like the second quest in the original Legend of Zelda where the backgrounds don't really change much or are we talking like completely different layouts in the maps like houses and shops being in different locations and items dropping at different times and stuff like that?

I agree. Hard Modes would be even more challenging than if they just gave enemies stat boosts. I'd like to see them posses different weapons (like killer/Brave), maps altered (like more chokepoints or things blocking your way), maybe promoted units can have skills (enemy Assassins oh my :ph34r: )

And who said Enemy Dancers? I like the cut of your jib.

Edited by El Rey León

I agree. Hard Modes would be even more challenging than if they just gave enemies stat boosts. I'd like to see them posses different weapons (like killer/Brave), maps altered (like more chokepoints or things blocking your way), maybe promoted units can have skills (enemy Assassins oh my :ph34r: )

And who said Enemy Dancers? I like the cut of your jib.

How about enemies actually shoving stuff (in games that have shove)?

And how about enemies that actually use their warp staves, have status staves that affect the entire map, have dancers that actually sometimes dance, some units have these stars that randomly let them go again (perhaps at 5% per star), and the enemy can instantly pick up almost any of your units that don't have a weapon equipped and then instantly take everything you have?

Well, I guess they already did that once.

Edited by Narga_Rocks