Lord of Azure ***** Chapter 4: The chapter in which no one dares to utter the F word

Snowy_One

"Calm down? CALM DOWN?! I AM CALM! I JUST HATE Y-"

THWONG!

With a resounding sound, Katie's tome came down hard upon the lower jaw of Esphyr's head; the metal binding knocking her to the side across the ground. She so wanted to tell the enraged mercenary to shut up. This was bad enough as is and didn't need to become worse through the hot-headed actions of a idiot like Esphyr. Thankfully, as Katie knocked Esphyr down, the azure flame upon her sword faded away; dying down as Esphyr's eyes rolled about inside her head dazedly.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Man, Kai, you sound like a Sith Lord, that's my job...

Kelas was fed up. She cuffed the wind mage as he goaded Esphyr: "You're not helping. Quit lording it over the rest of us like a corrupt noble, and if you can't think of anything useful to contribute, shut your trap." She looked to Esphyr. "I'm surprised you're still shouting, I thought the fall would have winded you," she commented. "Now. Before you all start trying to kill each other again, how about those of you who've managed to deal with the weapons without breaking everything say something?"

Arrin just stared.

Edited by Darth Lacuna

Chase shouted at Kamilla. "The book DID do something, though! It goes off wether Isotov likes it or not, and it's getting ridiculous! Maybe I'm a thief, but I'm not an arsonist, a murderer, or... or... whatever else you call me! And YOU!" Chase whirled around and glared at Helios,"stop running around like an idiot and pretending you're superior to everyone else! I don't give a damn if you have a Crimson Weapon, if you're not going to say anything useful shut up!"

Edited by Lightning

Just as Katie knocked Esphyr over, Kamilla glanced at the sword. "You mean that piece of steel? I've seen plenty of weapons like it, and there's probably duplicates all across the continent" she said, her anger shifting from the group to just Helios, "If you're going to blame the sword, then I blame the sky for giving birth to you, and a pity it had to" she said frustrated, "Even if miraculously they did cause misfortune, they didn't walk over to me and getting me mixed up in this mess, you people and your damn feet did",

Kamilla's voice was getting raspy, but she didn't care, she'd probably be facing the guillotine this time tomorrow anyway.

Edited by Nadesico

Tessa had been moving around, enjoying the relaxed and carefree atmosphere, and eating her sandwiches, and some jerky that Kelas had given her. The cool breeze felt good against her skin, and it seemed the only place she was actually getting blisters was her hands, so that was at least something. She wasn't sure if their destination had ever been properly settled, but since she was just tagging along in the end it wouldn't really matter to her. Better heads than hers were working on it, so she wouldn't let herself be weighed down with concern.

All in all, things had even been quite pleasant. At least until the waitress had mentioned the elephant in the room, and suddenly the focus had turned towards the disaster from earlier in the morning. Apparently Esphyr had been completely oblivious to things, and did not take the news well at all, and Helios just served to add fuel to the sver* by carelessly slinging around blame where it didn't belong, and glossing over the greatest sin in the process.

Quickly caught up by a oynmr* of emotions, Esphyr began engaging in theatrics, and her weapon was activated, with azure synzrf* licking up and down the blade. Kelas jumped after her to try to get her under control, while Kamilla was still trying to whip things in a further frenzy.

Tessa ran up to her, and tried to get her to stop making the situation worse, "Please, just quiet for now. We don't need this. Yes, that man did a vile thing, and yes, we're complicit in not being able to stop him... nor able to repair the damage afterwards. But this isn't solving anything!"

Edit: Typing posts takes too long. Oh dear, what all did I miss since last hitting 'preview'.

Edited by Balcerzak

OOC: Aww i wanted to fight

Helios backed off. The nomad was right. This was not helping. "Okay" he took a deep breath. "So we are still looking for the axe and dagger". "The dagger is......... lets say silenced for now". "I think the best place to look for the axe wielder is amongst bandits".

"What did I say about knowing where the axe is, dammit! Does everyone just like ignoring me so much that you forget I mentioned something important?!"

@ Bal

ESPHYR GOT KNOCKED THE F*CK OUT!!! :awesome: Kinda sad too ... Katie's impatience shined through on that one :unsure:

Irina stood up in shock! Katie had decked a mercenary in a way she never expected! She'd never seen someone smacked with a book before.

Kiev looked over to Esphyr and his eyes widened. He'd just noticed the azure flames as they vanished. He then crawled over behind Irina and stayed there. Iso looked up to see the commotion he was trying to ignore.

Iso: (Dammit ... what is wrong with this picture ...? It's like we're in another world. Urgh >_< )

@ Bal

ESPHYR GOT KNOCKED THE F*CK OUT!!! :awesome: Kinda sad too ... Katie's impatience shined through on that one :unsure:

OOC: Tessa ran up to Kamilla, looking back on it, my wording was unclear...

Also, she wasn't knocked out when I was writing it... >_>

Edited by Balcerzak

"The problem right now isn't finding them, it's working out what to do about our current wanted status," Arrin said, trying to steer the conversation back to the main issue before anyone exploded again.

"Look," Kelas sighed. "Whoever isn't involved in this via the weapons or family members, you don't have to stay. It's not impossible to get you out of the country; there are unguarded bits of border where you can cross. Those who are directly involved, we need to work out what to do, without everyone shouting about it."

edited for grammar.

Edited by Darth Lacuna

OOC: No you didnt

"You did" Helios asked Tina/Chase. "Forgive me i must have been busy arguing". "Would you repeat it please"?

Edited by Kai-Sama

Kamilla raised her hand to push Tessa away, but noticing who the girl was, lowered her hand and sighed. Only to start coughing like her lungs were going to come out of her mouth. She hadn't ever raised her voice throughout her life, and doing so now hadn't been kind to her body. She nodded her head and slumped against a tree, burrying her head in her arms she closed her eyes, hoping that when she opened them, she'd be back at the inn, perhaps even getting yelled at by the innkeeper for sleeping in.

"I told you that I know the person with the axe very well. Whether or not that's a good thing, I'm not sure, but if you care that much I might as well help... not like I have anything better to do. Besides... if this works, we might just all be cleared of criminal status."

"Maybe you could tell us who this person is" Helios said rolling his eyes. "That would help a lot more then you just knowing him"

OOC: Rein mentioned having info on the axe during chapter 3.

Isotov quickly stood up. He tried to walk away from the picnic to be alone, but Irina swung around and grabbed his cape!

Irina: And where are you going? :huh:

Iso: Relax. I'm not running away, or'd I'd have knocked you out first, and then taken you with me.

Irina: Sure sure :rolleyes: we should have a match sometime, but seriously, stay. Don't you want to hear about the crimson axe?

Iso: I'd rather be stabbed in the chest a thousand times than listen to these people for another minute. Just let me know when this picnic is over, and then I'll be in tow.

Irina: :/ ... aren't you warming up to the group even a little?

Iso: I would if I could, but there would be too many casualties. Right now, I just want to be alone. I've got a lot on my mind.

Irina: I'm not letting go :mellow:

Iso: :angry:

Edited by Phoenix

"It's probably better if you don't let him go... I think," Chase said to Irina. "Anyways, his name's Conrad Jackson. And reaching him will be difficult and probably involve fighting."

Edited by Lightning

Tessa patted her on the back during her coughing fit, trying to comfort and calm her. She was clearly getting herself into hysteria, which was bad for the mind and the body. "Just, calm down, and take some slow deep breaths. It's terrifying, to have your life turned upside down. I know the feeling. It's not pleasant, it's not comfortable, and it's not a happy thing. But, you always have to face forward. As long as you're alive, good things can still happen. Losing yourself in the present or the past can't help!"

The waitress then sighed, leaned up against a tree and closed her eyes. Deciding it was best to let her rest in peace for now, Tessa turned back to the rest of the group. Kelas seemed to be advocating shipping her off, as well as the mute, and the waitress.

Trying to keep a level head and measured reply she answered the nomad, "I think it's too late for that. Regardless of whether we understood what we were getting into at the moment, things've happened as they have. Do you seriously want me gone? Would that really even solve anything?"

Edited by Balcerzak

"I wasn't referring to you," Kelas explained to the cleric. "That was mainly directed at the people who want to be gone. She" (Kelas had never caught the girl's name) "seems desperate to be uninvolved, and I know some people in Halton who would take her in. I'm just trying to help, and get people to calm down and discuss things rationally."

Edited by Darth Lacuna

Tessa nodded slowly; that was fair. She was glad she'd kept relatively calm, and let the issue flow past. Whatever the waitress would end up choosing was up to her.

Turning toward the outlaw with the bounty on his head, she asked him with suspicion evident in her voice, "Okay, so where is this Conrad figure. And also how can we trust that you and he aren't in on things together, and plan to snare us in a trap and murder us or something?"

OOC: I missed a lot apparently. Some of these statements probably happened at different times.

Morgan noticed the jewelry inside one of her sandwiches, not a normal ingredient. She handed it to Katie "You dropped this, I assume?"

"We can't let this waitress go, otherwise she'll bring church officials down upon us, which will lead to violence and most certainly death. Better to avoid such things when unecessary. We could just knock her out or kill her instead, but it seems more efficient to have her conscious, presuming she can do something useful with this tome."

"Obviously, any information pertaining to the axe is extremely relevant. That is our mission you know, some of you seem to fail in recognizing this."

"I'm just a brainless sandrunner with no knowledge at all, but I'd say your mission would fare better if we could at least manage to not get into trouble wherever we go," Kelas retorted. "That is what we were originally discussing, though we seem to have gone off course. After that, we can talk about the axe." She turned to Chase. "This man. He's in the army? What's the likelihood that he's been sent after us?" she asked.

(edit: grammar argh)

Edited by Darth Lacuna

Iso: So what if there is another crimson weapon out there? One more person to add to this group of arguing jackasses.

Irina: We need as many weapons as we can get though, Iso.

Iso: The weapons don't matter, Irina! Not with this kind of gathering. All these people came from out of the woodwork, and they're forced to stay together to stop a threat people were finally starting to forget about. We're not ready to do anything.

Irina: You guys are all going to train and get stronger. It's not like we'll be arguing instead of fighting the demon king when and if he shows up.

Iso: Don't EVER underestimate the power of division. I only knew three people in all my life that didn't die for solely that reason.

Irina: Three people? What?

Iso: *sigh* Come with me and I'll answer you questions. But I will not just sit here and wait for this little meeting to end.

She let go of his cape, not sure what to do. He started walking away, but turned around to tell her something else.

Iso: You want me to answer your questions, meet me by the trees over there.

Irina: Uh ... ... I'll be right back, guys :sweatdrop:

OOC: Do not stop them, please.

Edited by Phoenix

OOC: Ohhh incest XD

"We could do both if we find this person". "If this person is in the army then maybe he can hear us out". If things work out then maybe we can avoid the officials"

Edited by Kai-Sama

"So that's your mission? To get all the Crimson weapons? Huh. That's a new one..." he said to Morgan, then turned to Tessa, "Well, how do I know you aren't going to knock me out and turn me in any moment now? I don't, but at the same time I believe that you won't do that. Have at least a little faith in people if you're going to end up stuck with them, at least. You don't have to be my friend, and you don't have to agree with everything about me. But if we don't trust each other we're only going to end up dead or worse. It's what I know, and you can take it or leave it, but sooner or later all of these paths will lead to the same place."

"As for the likelihood of him being sent after us? Absolutely no chance whatsoever. If he were to go after us personally, I don't see the point in putting a price on us. After all, he's the reason I'm an outlaw..."

Edited by Lightning

"Then you could just leave now" Helios said. "You dont have a crimson weapon and no one is going to stop you". "You can just go run away from the only people that have shown you kindness in a while like you said before". "You will eventually get caught if you act like a child".

Edited by Kai-Sama