Lord of Azure ***** Chapter 4: The chapter in which no one dares to utter the F word

Snowy_One

OoC: I'm pretty sure we've exhausted any chit-chat we can do, and considering there a new player whining about wanting a fight in feedback, we can jump a few hours/days (depending on the distance) to near the capitol? I don't know, but I'm sensing that unless I start whining at throwing hissy fits at people again, things'll be really slow.

"Joy, heading into the a swarm of unfriendlies without a plan, sounds like something only the greatest heroes would do, either that or the biggest idiots" she said rather loudly. but not loud enough for the entire group to hear. "Why me" she asked herself quietly, wishing the day would hurry up and end, maybe asking someone to kill her would make things easier? If she was going to die anyway, why should she walk all the way to the capitol for it when tossing a few rocks at the mad fire mage would get her the same thing?

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah, nobody's being productive anyways, let's go."

"You have the wind tome? I suppose that alone is pretty much what's backing up your case..."

Edited by Lightning

Katie had presented a note to the group, and all of the sudden a bit of a clamor, broke out. Tessa wasn't in position to see the note much less read it, so until the others had finished and she was able to take it, and go over its contents she was a bit confused. This followed with the sequence of notes that were to follow, and while it was bothersome and annoying, Tessa really had to admit that in this discussion she probably didn't deserve high priority, and so resigned herself to falling several steps behind the conversation at any given time, as without knowing what Katie had said, guessing at the context from Morgan's and the rest's replies was a hit and miss undertaking.

After everything had unfolded though, she thought back over things and started putting some of the pieces together. When she had asked her if she'd had her wound looked at back in the blacksmith's shop, for instance, her answer now made sense. It was likely that it wasn't a case of it couldn't be healed, but rather Harold hadn't allowed it to be healed. She silently curled her hands into fists at the thought.

On the one hand, he clearly values his daughter's life, on the other hand, he's not above cruel and unusual 'lessons'. Tessa somehow doubted that claiming to hold his daughter hostage would do them any favors, though the possibility she could act as some sort of intermediary was also undeniable. In any case, it seemed more feasible than attempting to avoid him by heading to the mage's academy.

Still, either option required they actually run into somebody. At least for the moment they were uninterrupted, and while it was good to have a general plan in mind to deal with eventualities, nothing further could be done with the situation, which actually didn't bother Tessa too much. Lunch finished, and destination set, they headed towards the capital.

OOC: Support Conversation initiated. Interrupts are not optional. Nady, put down the f***ing flamethrower :awesome:

During the trip to the capital, Iso grew tired, bored, somewhat hungry, and uncomfortable in general. Irina had actually fallen asleep on her saddle and was entrusting proper direction to Kiev. Her trust seemed well placed since the wyvern was merely following Kelas, hoping the Nomad would produce more jerky in the near future.

Those without mounts were trailing near the rear. Iso noticed that if he spoke quietly, he might be able to ask Katie about what he'd heard earlier. Iso, carefully leaned over to ask Katie about her father.

Iso: I heard about what your father did to you. I won't pry, but what kind of man does that? Err ... you don't have to tell me if it's ... private.

It's fine. My father was a man who desired to have his daughter, but didn't recognize one thing. Namely, that threatening me, any woman who came close to me, and even the archsage with violence when they didn't comply was no way to win friends. Do you know what it was like for a young child, barely past her first sentence, to see her father assault the nanny for spilling play tea on her new dress?

Iso was shocked! He'd never heard of such a wild reaction in all his life.

Iso: That's insane ... uh ... ... I'm ... I'm afraid I don't know what that's like. My parents died because some bandits seemed to have the goddess on their side and caught them with their guard down. Would you really risk seeing him again?

Yes. For my apprentices, I would. As a teacher, I am responsible for their well-being and care. Besides, they were friends, almost closer than that. I owe them this much. I hate my father, but whoever did this to them deserves a far worse fate. Katie looked down with a sad sigh. It did hurt to mention her apprentices so... It wasn't in the past tense or anything like that; but rather, the acknowledgment of their relationship and how close, bonded even, it had been.

Iso: I'm sorry for your loss. I've lost friends before, but none-

He stopped for a moment, and looked around hoping none of the others would hear.

Iso: I had friends while traveling, but none as important as your apprentices seemed to be. Urgh. These people, why am I here? I don't know them, I don't trust them, and they're definitely not allies. It's my own damn fault though. Anything for dear Irina, even putting up with this. I guess I can understand what you're willing to go through :unsure:

It's not easy. Most of us lack a common goal. I don't know what I will do once I avenge my apprentices myself. Will I stay or will I go? I wouldn't have any reason to stay as of right now at least.

Iso: What do you mean? You're the appointed chef remember?

Irina can't cook, and I'm not touching anything the others make. As I said, <.< >.> I don't trust them, especially the waitress <.<

You're appointment of me to chef has no effect on the chances I will stay. Remember, I wouldn't have any motive to stay at all. The only reason I can think of to stay is that you may all starve if I don't. Why do you think that that ensures I won't leave though? asked Katie, being as serious as she could be.

Iso knew he was being probed for something specific and looked up at the sky hoping the answer he had for her was reason enough.

Iso: *sigh* Do you really want to be alone again?

He kept gazing up as he continued.

Iso: This isn't the friendliest bunch, and I'd be gone before you could blink if Irina wasn't here, but she is here. I've got to look after her, even if I end up dead, which was my initial plan to be honest. Didn't work out the way I hoped.

He looked back at her and his sad passiveness disappeared.

Iso: That's why you made us lunch right? Because we're stuck together in a way? It was nice, and that's why you're the chef, at least until you avenge your apprentices :unsure:

Katie gave a soft giggle at Iso's notion before she took the book out once again. Not everything is so deep. Maybe I just felt like making lunch... Or maybe... You're right. Who knows? But you are right, this is not a overtly friendly bunch. If you're willing to protect me, it's easier for me to cook to say the least.

In Iso's mind, it seemed simple enough.

Iso: Hmm ... I'm already protecting Irina ... so I suppose adding one more person to my list won't hurt. You stay close by though, and keep those lunches coming ... umm minus these people <_<

Iso and Katie: Support Level C

OOC: Well that was harmless. Okay, this seems like a working method.

No interrupts, no problem :)

OOC: I'll tell you how to fix that. Find the person who's character you want to support with, then let them know. Have your convo over PM, then compile, integrate, and post ;)

Now that the method has been successfully test runned/ran/played, it looks safe enough to use as our supports method.

Ooc: I was gonna have her start to become closer to Irina by cheering her up,and revealing a common love of Wyverns,leading up to a support,but if you wanna do one now,that works.

What is Irina's affinity anyway?

OOC: Irina is Wind. Made sense at the time :unsure:

Anyway, we'll do it via PM, and then one of us will compile and post it :)

Then I get to go and make more changes to my statsheets :P

With a soft groan, Esphyr reawakened once again. Katie's blow had put her down for a decent bit, and as she reawoke she couldn't help but feel subdued. Thusly, she said nothing at all.

Nothing, that is, until a loud roar pierced the sky! High overhead, three dark specks emerged from the clouds above before swooping down! Three wyvern riders with two soldiers mounted upon their backs. Soldiers that quickly leapt off and readied their lances. They knew what they were planning to do; and they were more then willing to do it without question or giving the party a chance to declare innocence.

"Awwww.... Hell." exclaimed Esphyr, displeased with the turn of events.

Wyvern Rider X3

HP: 5, STR 3, MAG: 0 SKL 3 SPD: 2 LCK: 1, DEF: 4 RES: 2

Weapon: Iron Axe

Skill: Tenacity: Unit can make saving rolls.

Soldier: X2

HP: 3, STR: 3, MAG: 0 SKL: 4, SPD: 3, LCK 1, DEF: 3 RES: 3

Weapon: Javelin

Skills: Ranged Strike: Can counter all attacks.

"Dammit, are those Wyvern riders...? Crap! I'll take that first one out! You guys figure out the rest!"

OOC: Just posting this in advance so nobody accidentally tries to attack the same guy as me. Here come the numbers!

Rolls: 5, 4, 4, 2, 5, 2, 2, 4, 1, 6, 4, 5, 6, 1, 1, 6.... I'll figure how that works out for me as soon as I can.

Chase shot an arrow at the wyvern, hitting it on a critical part of it's wing (a critical hit)! He fired a second shot, it too hitting a vital area of the wyvern! (8 damage so far, w00t) The wyvern swung it's axe at Chase hitting him hard (4 damage). Chase fired again, and hit him once more (12 damage total), and again the wyvern rider struck back again, this time missing.

6, 6, 2

Chase fired one last shot and fell the wyvern rider!

(BTW, I attacked twice because the first time I assumed it was too far away to attack. He would've died even the other way. I used an RNG website and narrowed it down to 1-6 for my rolls BTW)

Edited by Lightning

Helios looked back for Mark. He was no where to be seen. He looked ahead and saw Mark engaging a wyvern. "Take this, flying prick" Mark yelled taking out his sword

Mark attacks: (1,3,1) Mark hits for 3 damage

Wyvern counter attacks (2,3,6) The wyvern hits for 3 damage

Mark doubles (4,6,2) Mark hits for 6 damage

Battle phase over

Wyvern 1: 6hp

Mark: 9hp

Helios heard a rustling behind him. Then a lance came at him. Helios took out his elwind spell.

Vs Soldier

Helios attacks: (3,3,6) Helios hits for 3 damage

Soldier counterattacks: (1,3,2) The soldier hits for 5 damage

Soldier 1: 6hp

Helios: 4hp

OOC: Leave the Flying rat to Snowy please

Edited by Kai-Sama

OOC: lol save one for Snowy, Kai :lol:

@ Snowy, double teaming is okay, right? Irina, and Iso going after the same guy?

Irina pulled Kiev's reins and he roared out in preparation to charge! Iso looked over to her in amazement!

Iso: She's just going ... to charge straight into them? She's not a juggernaut, Ivanko, she's your niece ....

Putting his feelings aside due to the approaching enemies, he quickly yanked out Proxima, and opened the pages!

Iso: Touch my sister ... and I will END YOU :angry:

Irina attacks the approaching wyvern rider!

Rolls 1 - 3 - 1 (well ... ... ... damn :/ )

HIT 3 vs Evade 3= Irina strikes the other rider!

Damage 6 vs DEF 4= Irina does 2 damage to the rider!

As she passes, the rider banks back in her direction!

Irina: I hate this part >_<

Rider rolls 5 - 6 - 3 (WTF!!! :wtf: )

HIT 8 vs Evade 6= Rider strikes Irina!

Damage 9 vs DEF 3= The rider causes 7 damage to Irina and Kiev!

Irina: Argh! Darn it! >_< I hate fighting wyvern riders! Urgh!

Kiev brushed off his injury and continued flying high! Isotov quickly ran below them and began chanting! Finally he shouted out!

Iso: Proxima!! Hear my call!

Rolls 2 - 3 - 2 ( <_< )

HIT 5 vs Evade 3= A blaze comes forth and blasts the wyvern rider!

Damage 7 vs RES 2= Iso does 5 damage!

The injured rider flies down at Iso for a counterattack!

Rider Rolls 2 - 3 - 4

HIT 5 vs EVADE 6= Iso dodges the riders attack!

Iso: You'll have to do better than that! :angry:

Irina: Brother?! Be careful! :o

OOC: Uh ... Snowy? I just noticed something. For a saving roll to work, you have to roll a number that's half or less than half of your luck number right? Well its number is one, so the skill couldn't possibly succeed :unsure:

Was that on purpose or did I miss something?

When you take an attack that would normally drop your HP to 0 or below, you may make a special roll to retain 1 HP instead of outright dying/being knocked out/retreating. You must roll a number that is less than your luck divided in half. For example, if you had 4 luck, you would need to roll a 1 or a 2 in order to succeed and retain 1 HP.

Wyvern Rider LUK=1

Screwed on that one apparently ....

Also WTDs are applied.

Edited by Phoenix

OOC: Lol sorry

Mark saw the soldier attack Helios. "Die" He yelled as he took out his spear.

Mark attacks with his lance (2,3,2) Mark criticals for 10 damage

His lance pierced through the soldiers body. Mark took it out. Helios gave him that :huh: look

Edited by Kai-Sama

OOC: Alright that's handled.

HP: 5, STR 3, MAG: 0 SKL 3 SPD: 2 LCK: 1, DEF: 4 RES: 2

Irina quickly used a vulnerary as the wyvern rider doubled back! Iso wasn't going to give him a chance to attack his sister again, and quickly attacked!

Rolls 6 - 3 - 2 (Paydirt!)

HIT 9 vs EVADE 3= Another fire blast strikes the rider!

Damage 6 vs RES 2= The blast does 4 damage to the rider!

As the rider recovered from his near death injury, he came down hard on Iso!

Rider rolls 5 - 5 - 1 (Uh...)

HIT 8 vs EVADE 6= Iso was struck hard!

Damage 8 vs DEF 1= Iso suffers 7 damage!

Iso fell to the ground bleeding badly!

Irina: Iso!! :o

Not wasting a second! Irina charges the rider hoping to finish him off!

Rolls 6 - 5 - 5 (Don't give me that look <_< )

HIT 8 vs EVADE 3= Irina strikes the rider!

Damage 8 vs DEF 4= Irina stabs deep through the rider's chest and takes him clear off his wyvern! The rider dies and the wyvern flees!

Irina quickly flew down to her brother and hopped off of Kiev! She ran over and helped him up.

Irina: Are you alright?! :o

Iso: Urgh -_-

OOC: WIth Crimson HP sap, Iso's down -_-

WTDs are applied.

Edited by Phoenix

OOC: Summary thus far

Wyvern1: 6hp

Wyvern2: (I'll edit this later)

Wyvern3: Dead

Soldier1: dead

Soldier2: 9hp

Edited by Kai-Sama