Funny, Stupid, Unknown and Interesting facts about FE10

I just thought of something I'd actually like to see tested. Since 3-6 and 3-7 are essentially the same map, is it possible you can find the same hidden items on them? Like, could you find the Brave Bow during 3-7 if it wasn't found during 3-6?

Wait, 3-6 and 3-7 are the same map?

How did I not realise that before :O?

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if you cna get Jill to go to the greils in 3-13 by talking with a transfer Mist.

Haar recruits Jill automatically, only a Transfer Mist with A Jill can recruit her. It works in 3-7 and 3-F.

Haar recruits Jill automatically, only a Transfer Mist with A Jill can recruit her. It works in 3-7 and 3-F.

I meant it like with Zihark. Zihark can talk to Lethe or Mordecai in 3-6 and desert you right on the spot. I wonder if Jill will do the same if she talks to Mist (and they had a transfered support)

a game where you can break a bow by shooting arrows from it

It would have made much more sense if the durability referred to arrows instead of bows. Arrows would obviously run out and the damage they cause would depend on the type of arrow, not the type of bow. The bow should only affect skill and such.

Wait, 3-6 and 3-7 are the same map?

How did I not realise that before :O?

To be honest, I didn't realize it myself until now. It's because of the Fog of War.

I kinda realized that the first time I played both maps. >_>

Paragon and Shade are the only scrolls of skills people already have and drop from a boss. Parity, Vantage, Adept, and several Laguz skills come either from chests or Base convos.

I kinda realized that the first time I played both maps. >_>

Paragon and Shade are the only scrolls of skills people already have and drop from a boss. Parity, Vantage, Adept, and several Laguz skills come either from chests or Base convos.

It sounds like you are stating Parity, vantage, adept and several laguz skills don't have innate users :mellow:

The 3-7 map is slightly larger than the 3-6 map, if I recall correctly. I haven't tried to get the Brave Bow in 3-7 though, since I always have Sothe pick it up in 3-6 (and then I never use it...).

Everyone from PoR has the same skill they had then except Sothe, Brom, Makalov, Danved/Devdan, Boyd, Rhys, Tanith, Naesala, Volke, Ena, and Nasir (that list is longer than I expected). Most of them make sense either because their skill no longer exists in RD (Makalov, Danved/Devdan, Boyd, Rhys, Tanith, Naesala) or they are a reasonably exceptional case (Blossom on Sothe would not make sense at all, for example, but Guard does for story purposes. Ena and Nasir are the same except for the added Tide/Pool).

Volke having Stillness does kind of make sense, but where the hell did Brom's Disarm come from?

I always thought it was because that's how you were supposed to clear 2-1. Have Brom disarm them all, and have Heather steal from the Rebels. Except it almost never works....

So, it's really more story wise.

Though it doesn't make sense why Naesala had Vortex and they didn't just give him Maelstrom.

Longbows are actually really hard to shoot, I know a longbowman and maybe two of his shots out of 5 would hit a person-sized area at 20 yards. Also, traditional bows will break if you shoot them enough, but it's admittedly normally several hundreds of shots, not several dozen.

Speedwise, I meant. The arrows certainly look like they're going straight at someone, and then, nope, they move out of the way of something going... what, 130 km/h? That doesn't exactly work out. And yeah, bows would tend to break after a while, but, like 50 or so shots is not enough.

Speedwise, I meant. The arrows certainly look like they're going straight at someone, and then, nope, they move out of the way of something going... what, 130 km/h? That doesn't exactly work out. And yeah, bows would tend to break after a while, but, like 50 or so shots is not enough.

They might be even faster and yes, you make a valid point but I think we've crossed the line into "it's a game, stop worrying about the details". If it was me I might have slightly different miss animations (and certainly 'no damage' animations) but the fact that a longbow missing is someone dodging an arrow instead of the arrow just missing is not something I'm losing any sleep over, though it might perhaps want doing differently. And yes, I agree with you on the breakage.

Generally, it looks to me that they move out of the way as the arrow is released, which makes sense. And for some units, they block it with a shield.

In the dialogue sequence before the fight in 4-E-1 where Lekain and Sanaki have a chat, you can see enemy Paladins on the sides despite there not being any once you start the fight.

Apparently, there's an axe with such aerodynamics that you can throw it and have it follow a horizontal arc, eventually returning to the user's hand with no fear of missing the catch and accidentally slicing your face off. Furthermore, the trajectory of the axe is unaffected by whether or not it actually hits a target and is designed so that even noobs with D (and previously E) axes can use them.

And I wonder why swords didn't get a real ranged option until this game.

Edited by WeaponsofMassConstruction

I think Mt should rely on the arrows rather than the bows.

A good point but there are two flaws with this. One, a better bow (or limbs) will be more efficient in its action, as will a recurve bow (like the silver bow and double bow) compared to a straight bow (like the iron and steel bows and the longbows), so just getting a better bow at the same draw weight will give your arrow more power. Two, historically archers usually picked up whatever arrows they found on the battlefield (even the enemy's). I will agree, though, that 50 arrows that run out makes more sense than a bow that breaks after 50 shots. I've also wondered a lot how the unit's strength growth can increase arrow power, maybe as they gain strength they add twists to the string and buy higher poundage bows, I don't know.

OT: I mentioned many pages ago that Micaiah can never have the trinity of magic advantage (because she never faces any dark users) and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she's the only unit in any FE that can never have the weapon triangle advantage (where it exists for them)

EDIT: Oliver doesn't either (as noted below).

Edited by Byte2222