Funny, Stupid, Unknown and Interesting facts about FE10

OT: I mentioned many pages ago that Micaiah can never have the trinity of magic advantage (because she never faces any dark users) and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she's the only unit in any FE that can never have the weapon triangle advantage (where it exists for them).

Units in FE1 to FE3

Oliver in FE10.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Laura's in the Silver Army she'll never face a Druid/Summoner. Odds are, she won't anyway because she sucks

Nah, she has the chances to do encounter one, Oliver & Micaiah indeed do not. =/ Laura isn't in this list imo.

Bow & Knife Users do not have a weapon triangle. 8D

Lethe could promote into a Furrthief, she has a dagger. 8D

(where it exists for them)

As in, they don't count because they don't have a WT. Strikes and Staves also fall in this category.

Now for a fact. The "Cats at Play" song appears only once and really has nothing to do with Cats at Play, because Mist does all of the talking in that scene.

Despite Ike fighting for the Laguz Alliance, he faces Nailah and Kurthnaga as enemies at the end of Part 3. Micaiah's team never has to face any laguz royals while they are under the control of the player, even though they are the ones fighting against the Laguz Alliance.

Despite Ike fighting for the Laguz Alliance, he faces Nailah and Kurthnaga as enemies at the end of Part 3. Micaiah's team never has to face any laguz royals while they are under the control of the player, even though they are the ones fighting against the Laguz Alliance.

Nailah and Kurth aren't part of the Laguz alliance. Technically Micaiah's team does in the chapter where a countdown of units killed exists, though you don't directly control Micaiah against royals in the game.

Nailah and Kurth aren't part of the Laguz alliance. Technically Micaiah's team does in the chapter where a countdown of units killed exists, though you don't directly control Micaiah against royals in the game.

Technically speaking, Dheginsea.

The weapons that Gatrie can use at base are the weapons that FE6-FE7 generals can use, whereas the weapons that a Sword General can use are the weapons that FE9 generals can use.

By that point they're the Chosen Ones, though, not the Laguz Alliance or Daein Army.

But Micaiah (and her team) is facing a Laguz Royal while under the control of the player.

But Micaiah (and her team) is facing a Laguz Royal while under the control of the player.

That's true. Even though in technicality Ike is the leader and Micky would get obliterated by Deg

That's true. Even though in technicality Ike is the leader and Micky would get obliterated by Deg

Ike is listed on the status screen, but Micaiah can still use the Order command in Endgame, is forced alongside Ike, and must be kept alive, so she counts. And Micaiah would get obliterated by any Royal.

Does anyone here actually use the Order command? XD

Which reminds me, IIRC there's a glitch in the Japanese version that lets leaders have unlimited chances to obtain a hidden item by continuously shouting out Orders.

I'm pretty sure that the only way to obtain two items at the same time (when the "You got an X" thing comes up) is by having a thief steal from an opponent while standing on a hidden item square.

If you get the Ettard in 3-4 or if you break it, it says "You got the Ettard" despite there being another. There may even be a third because Greil seems to be holding one in the picture of him we see after we beat BK. They seem to say "the" whenever you get an item that cannot be sold, even if it's not unique.

Knives are the least common weapon type, with only 6 units able to wield them. Volke, Sothe, Heather, two thieves in 1-E and the thief/rogue (depending on the difficulty) in 2-2. It's kind of funny IS went through the effort of programming sprites for generic thieves and rogues when there are only 2 or 3 thieves and only 1 or 0 generic rogues.

It might have been mentioned here but I think Volk is German for peoples's*, quite the opposite of the Volke in the game.

*I might be wrong on this but where I've seen Volk used is in volksgemeinschaft, volkswagen and volksempfanger (The people's community/car/receiver.) Anyway I'll just put that out there for somebody who knows something about German to sandbag me

It might have been mentioned here but I think Volk is German for peoples's*, quite the opposite of the Volke in the game.

That's almost correct, it's just that Volk is the singular form. The plural is "Völker".

Volke is called Volker in the German versions of FE9 and FE10, making the similarity to the word "Völker" even greater. Volker is a perfectly common name in German though, so I never looked at it this way. Then again, it's just a name.

Ike is the leader of what is pretty much a common mercenary group. Just a bunch of sellswords. And yet, he has more authority than:

The Queen's adviser and right-hand woman (Lucia).

The crown prince and eventual new king of Daein (Pelleas).

The general of Daein's army (Micaiah).

The entire Serenes royal family (Leanne, Reyson, Rafiel).

The right hand to Gallia's future king (Ranulf).

Gallia's future king (Skrimir).

Goldoa's future king (Kurthnaga).

Altina's husband, Heron king or whatever he is (Lehran).

The leader of the Begnion Holy Guard (Sigrun).

Any given Begnion Senator.

And more.

He has as much authority as:

The Queen of Hatari (Nailah).

His own queen, the Queen of Crimea (Elincia).

The leader of the Crimean Royal Knights (Geoffrey, who interestingly also has as much authority as his queen).

The king of Kilvas (Naesala).

That's what makes Ike so badass. And remember, Ike was given Lord status during the Mad King's War. Maybe authority could refer more to a commander's tactical skill, not just his rank in a nation.

*I might be wrong on this but where I've seen Volk used is in volksgemeinschaft, volkswagen and volksempfanger (The people's community/car/receiver.) Anyway I'll just put that out there for somebody who knows something about German to sandbag me

I have a friend named Sami Ike Volk, meaning his name has three names of Intelligent Systems characters. (Sami is from Advance Wars)

/anecdote that I probably will never be able to bust out ever again

Ike is the leader of what is pretty much a common mercenary group. Just a bunch of sellswords. And yet, he has more authority than:

The Queen's adviser and right-hand woman (Lucia).

The crown prince and eventual new king of Daein (Pelleas).

The general of Daein's army (Micaiah).

The entire Serenes royal family (Leanne, Reyson, Rafiel).

The right hand to Gallia's future king (Ranulf).

Gallia's future king (Skrimir).

Goldoa's future king (Kurthnaga).

Altina's husband, Heron king or whatever he is (Lehran).

The leader of the Begnion Holy Guard (Sigrun).

Any given Begnion Senator.

And more.

He has as much authority as:

The Queen of Hatari (Nailah).

His own queen, the Queen of Crimea (Elincia).

The leader of the Crimean Royal Knights (Geoffrey, who interestingly also has as much authority as his queen).

The king of Kilvas (Naesala).

And as much authority as Sanaki, an empress.

Maybe such power and charisma legitimated such authority?

The soldier that Jarod stabs in the begin after clearing the map of 1-P, has the normal damage sound, not the "die" sounds, he still dies.

I couldn't think of anything better. -_-

If Authority stars worked like in FE5, you could have a maximum total of 39 authority stars in 4-E, by fielding Sanaki, Ike, Kurthnaga, Skrimir, Caineghis, Nailah, Tibarn, Naesala, Geoffrey, Elincia, Lucia, Pelleas, and Renning. In theory, if you had the least dodgiest character possible with that set-up (1/1/1 Micaiah weighed down by Purge has 4AS and 10LUK for 18 avoid), she would still have 213 avoid and even at worst biorhythm no enemies would be able to hit her except for Deghinsea, since most of the units that can hit her won't target her anyway.

That's what makes Ike so badass. And remember, Ike was given Lord status during the Mad King's War. Maybe authority could refer more to a commander's tactical skill, not just his rank in a nation.

Because Soren has 5000 stars. Ike gave up his title, and title =/= tactical skill.