GALLERY.

NICKT™

The right arm (OPOV) has really thick shading. Like, I think it may need to be a whole shade lighter. Or at least transition it a bit more smoothly. And everyone else is definitely correct about the skinny arms.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you guys talking about..?

*pretends the sprite never existed*

Bored:

fe7mugages.png

Might turn it into a community spriting project, would indeed be interesting.

Edited by ∑-sigma-

FE6 and FE7 have a 20 year gap if I'm not mistaken. Lyn 1 year looks to me like she had her skull pounded in, and Lyn 15/20 year's garb doesn't make sense, but other than that they look fine.<div><div>Edit: Have to agree with Kon, though, you do make people look a bit gaunt prematurely sometimes.</div>

</div>

Edited by deranger

What in the world is going on with Lyn? First her skull is smashed in, then she has this really weird thing going on with her mouth, then her body magically shrinks, and finally-- oh dear lord what happened to her? She looks all kinds of fcked up. Hector's 10 years later also looks messed up. Isn't he supposed to be around his thirties there?

*rubs brow*

I was kind of hoping for more eyes to be on Raven, as he was the one I was most proud of, oh well.

Just to cover my bases here, for clarification: I didn't have access to a list of ages or any information other than what I saw, so for age deviations, forgive me. Also, I'm someone who typically prefers spriting younger people, so I'm not so good with aging at all, but I try.

(One thing I wish people would do more often is instead of just saying "That's wrong, this is wrong", they'd actually say, "This is wrong, you should try this" or "You could fix that by doing this".)

Honestly, I can agree that the second Lyn sprite has a small/deformed headshape, but as for the rest, I don't really see much the issue.

Edited by ∑-sigma-

Raven looks sickly; his facial features would not change that much unless he got addicted to meth or something.

I definitely think you should give him back his cheeks. I don't really understand why his nose is completely different too. Yeah your nose always grows but it is a completely different shape. :P Nosejob?

I think his design is neat but his breastplate is too small and the shape of his pauldron doesn't make a whole lot of sense. What I mean is it looks like some sort of unnatural cone shape that doesn't really go with his angle.

It wouldn't hurt to give him back his top eyelashes either I think.

I fooled around with breastplate a little to show you what I mean.

NicktRaven.png

It needs to be wider and the center of it(the triangle trim area) needs a bit of curve. I was going to fool with the pauldron but I got lazy.

It wouldn't hurt for there to be a breastplate strap going across his shoulder like there is on his left(opv) side.

But yeah, the major major major problem with him is his face looks bloody anorexic. tongue.gif

Will looks pretty terrible though. He is pretty much just Colm with a pauldron, different head, and collar, none of which is at the right angle for the body. You can get away with the head and the pauldron with a few minor fixes but the collar is a problem. It makes him look like he is hunchbacked or something, yano? Like his neck and head shows he is standing straight up while his body isn't. I think there is too much sclera visible on his eyes as well.

I am not going to say anything about the others because they've pretty much been covered by other people.

Edited by eCut

Whats going on with 15 years later Lyn? Like..why does she have manjaw and wonky eyes? The top of her head looks weird too. Plus her costume makes no sense.

Lyn seems really, really old. Remember, she's 15/16 in the Japanese version of FE7 and 18/19 in the English version. That means the oldest rendition of her would be 31 or 34, depending on which rendition you decide is canon. There's plenty of women in their 30's to reference how Lyn would look at that age. I think Selena and Ursula are two such examples, but I'm not sure. Everybody else has told you the issues with the sprites themselves, and this is what I think about her appearance. The 5 year later one is pretty good, but the older ones look like they're in their late thirties/early fourtiess, not late twenties/early thirties. But it's up to you. I might be nitpicking on 10 year older Lyn, but 15 year older Lyn definitely looks too old.

I fixed Raven, hopefully, and included a bunch of random heads that I had begun working on due to boredom.

fe7mugages.png

Edited by ∑-sigma-

Might, MIGHT.

I don't want to be left doing all the work again. ;~;

If I knew a lot more people would graphically contribute to a decent quality, then I'd be more tempted.

But meh.

:mellow:

What are you guys talking about..?

*pretends the sprite never existed*

Bored:

fe7mugages.png

Your Eliwood and Hector placements are way off, pal.

The Epilogue of FE7 is 15 years after Eliwood/Hector's coronation and five years before FE6. They even say that they hadn't seen each other in that amount of time.

I've been on the internet for a few years now, Fire Emblem Forums for majority of those years.

I think it's nigh about time that I find a new place to spend my time on, as Serenes Forest has become, more or less a hell hole to me. It's lack of activity and a member base of a new kind really throw me off.

So more or less, my apologies for this, but FE8.5 is done, and I'll be unable to help you any further with spriting.

That's what he sent me in PM, s'all I know. I was going to help out a bit with FE8.5, and he made me a mug or two, but yeah.

Hate to be a jerk, but this sounds like an awfully familiar scenario.

Really, Nickt? Awfully thin-skinned, aren't you? Haven't I repeatedly stated that nobody on SF really cares about the content of their arguments? We argue because it's fun. Because getting up in somebody's grill is the most frustratingly amusing addiction in all of shitdom. Taking any sort of internet interactions seriously is really only detrimental to your own health. Get a grip, chill the fuck out, and stop being a whiner. Member base isn't to your liking? Tough shit, yo. If you can't change people, maybe you should look at yourself, first, and try and conform to them if you're so desperate to fit in.

Doesn't matter now, though. See ya~

Edited by mechanicalWALTZ