Lord of Azure Flame Chapter 5: That which is unplanned

Snowy_One

Kamilla looked at Chase, uncertain what to say "I'm sorry, problem? poison? what?" Kamilla frowned, and then smirked, "So you found out already huh? Ah well, it's a fatal poison, and I don't have the antidote on me at the moment, so if you want to kill me, by all means, your friends will most likely die shortly after though" she commented with a smirk on her face. She pointed towards Arrin, "Looks like it's taking effect already" she said with a smile.

OoC: I know Lacuna said it was a cold, but her idea and my idea matched, so I'm going to go with it :P

Edited by Nadesico

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well, by that reasoning, if you don't have an antidote now, you probably won't have one in time to save him. So, you're right I might as well kill you," Chase said coldly, drawing his knife and pointing it at her for the second time. "Oh, and don't even think about interfering, anyone, or she won't be the only one with a stab wound or seven."

"She's bluffing," Kelas called. "Dying people don't generally snore. Whatever it is, it's not fast-acting. And put the knife down; if my brother dies, I get to kill her."

She tried and failed to pull Arrin up into a piggyback. "Kid weighs more than me, and he's shorter," she muttered. As she tried to figure out a way to lift her brother, Kelas looked over her shoulder to Tessa: "I'd rather get him up the stairs first, but you got anything that'll work on poisons?" she asked.

She looked at the knife and then at Chase, "The goddess protects me, a lowly criminal couldn't possibly kill me" she stated with a daring look. "You're right, I have no intentions of providing an antidote, so if you want to kill me, by all means" she said smirking. "Come on, what are you scared of you lowly bandit?"

Edited by Nadesico

Irina stood there in utter shock, then dropped the plate and fork to the floor! The plate shattered so loudly, that anyone on the first floor could hear it!

Irina: P-p-poison ...? :blink:

She walked up next to Chase and Kelas who had Kamilla pretty much cornered.

Irina: How could you, Kamilla?! Urgh! I can't believe Iso was right about you :angry:

"Scared of? Nothing. But she's got a point. She's the one who deserves to kill you. Hmph. Pray to your goddess, then, because more likely than not you're going to end up with an arrow in your stomach than live." With that, Chase lowered his knife and walked past her, but as he passed by he raised it again and cut her arm. "I'm going to sleep. You're not worth my time any longer."

Kamilla smiled "Perhaps he was, perhaps he wasn't, I don't know" she winced at the wound but the smiled again. "So you're going to kill me?" she asked without a hint of fear, her tone suggested she was more curious then afraid.

From what I saw, you were eating the food as well, perhaps you won't live too much longer either.

Edited by Nadesico

Iso came bolting into the room, and stopped by Irina!

Iso: What's wrong?

He then noticed Kamilla, standing there, confident.

Iso: I knew it, it was poison!

Irina: Umm ... Iso ...? :(

Iso turned to Irina and saw a small bit of moisture beside her lips, a clear sign that she'd recently eaten something!

Iso: ... you didn't ....

Irina: I'm sorry :sob:

Iso: I'm sorry too. Forgive me for this, Sister -_-

Irina: Forgive you for wha-

Before she could finish her question, Iso ducked down slightly, and thrusted his fist deep into her stomach! The blow hit like lightning and knocked the wind out of her! She immediately fell to her knees and started vomiting!

Iso: That ... is the last line of defense from a poison. I'm sorry -_-

She kept coughing and puking until her stomach was completely empty. They had quite the mess to clean up. Iso walked up to Kamilla and gave her his usual stare of distrust.

Iso: What was in that bottle? :angry:

"I wouldn't have a clue what you're talking about" Kamilla said with a sly grin, rubbing her throat carelessly, feigning ignorance. "Bottle? There's a bottle of water in the kitchen if you're that thirsty, or perhaps you need water because you set fire to the inn again?" she asked not afraid of Isotov at all.

Kelas shook Arrin's shoulders. "Wake up, oh hulking teenager, I can't carry you up the stairs," she said. Maybe if she convinced herself that he was just tired she wouldn't panic...

"Aw come on, Teacher, five more minutes," Arrin mumbled, not opening his eyes.

"Erm. I don't think that was quite necessary, Isotov," Kelas said, trying to ignore Irina's retching. "Hm. Maybe she'll talk if we make her eat the food?"

edit: grammarfails

Edited by Darth Lacuna

Kamilla snorted at Kelas suggestion, "You honestly think that would work?" before Isotov could react Kamilla slipped past Isotov, sat down at the table and picked up a spoon, dipped it in the soup, then took a mouthful. "There, happy?" she asked half-heartedly, continuing to drink her soup as the group watched her.

Morgan ate quickly. People usually take so long to eat she thought to herself. Such a waste of time.

She fell unconscious shortly thereafter.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Kamilla yawned, seeing that Isotov was now looking at Irina she reached into her pocket and withdrew a small vial of liquid, "just enough to save myself" she muttered quietly. as she moved the vial towards her lips.

While Irina slowly wobbled back and forth on the floor, Iso examined the entire room! His sister was sitting hunched over with her arms on her stomach, Kelas was struggling to move her brother, Morgan had suddenly lost consciousness and collapsed, and Kamilla was eating from one of the other plates sitting on the table! He looked away before she yanked out the vile! Iso wasn't sure whether or not Kamilla had just eaten from one of the dishes that wasn't laced or was, but he didn't have time to find out!

Iso: Irina! Help Kelas with her brother!

He then rushed over to Morgan! There was no doubt in his mind now! He carefully lifted her up and tried to take her out of the room, but on his way he stopped by Kamilla.

Iso: The one and ONLY reason I haven't done away with you is because we're in another wooden structu- huh? Is that ... an antidote?! :o

Edited by Phoenix

Morgan woke up with a start. All that traveling and frequent bouts of unconsciosness must have gotten to her, and a hot meal set her right to sleep.

She looked up and saw Isotov "Just what do you think you're doing? Falling asleep does not give you the right to start *grabbing* me all over. I find this highly inapproapriate."

Kamilla, quickly re-did the lid, and shoved it in her pocket, "What antidote? Didn't I say earlier that I didn't have an antidote, it's just drinking water" she rather unconvincingly. She stood up to leave "Good night then" she said with a smirk.

She smiled there was only enough for one person to drink anyway and there were at least 3 people in the room that had consumed the food, excluding herself.

OOC:So is anyone going to comment on the Viability of DamianxAiya reaching A?I can't do much until I know whether or not Aiya works up the courage to tell him(which is dependant on whether the support goes through or not)

OOC: I find the idea of two characters getting together that are controlled by the same person to be incredibly dull and boring if not typical, but maybe two more convos should suffice?

Without thinking, Iso reflexively dropped Morgan and grabbed Kamilla by her shoulder!

Iso: Not so- ...

He looked down to see Morgan slowly getting up and realized that he dropped her.

Iso: Urgh ... I don't know what's going to be worse, dealing with you and this poison, or dealing with the Shaman and Ivan >_<

Irina: Iso *cough**cough* ... you're being ... paranoid *cough**cough**cough*

Edited by Phoenix

[[OOC: You know. Blame me if you want, but I'm going through with this. Player/Character separation all the way. It just wouldn't feel right otherwise. And anyway, not all the dishes were poisoned, if it even is poison, which I personally find myself doubting. Anyway, Tessa has a good luck stat. ;)]]

Arrin had led Tessa and Kelas back inside, and he was right, the table was spread, and he'd immediately started digging in. While not particularly hungry herself, Tessa knew she'd exerted herself tremendously, and that her body needed the food, so she spooned a few mouthfuls in. The incident with Esphyr immediately prior though had her emotionally reeling, and she didn't even taste the food; she just chewed and swallowed. Isotov, Irina soon came by, and Chase followed shortly thereafter. Some conversation broke out, but Tessa's focus was elsewhere. She no longer really blamed herself, for what was the point? But she wondered if the mercenary would take the same view. It was entirely possible she'd hate her for this. Thoughts swirling around in her head, she slowly carried on until the loud noise of a door slamming open upstairs roused her from her reverie.

Looking around she saw that only a couple of people had even touched the food. Helios and his retainer had even gone so far as to through it away. Such wastefulness would never have been tolerated in the monastery! She was about to pipe up and scold them when Kelas hissed at her that there might be poison. She was clearly worried about her brother and must not have noticed that Tessa had also been eating, but she nodded anyway. No point in giving the nomad anything more to worry about. On the subject of the young mage, she noted that her earlier diagnosis must have been right. It clearly was exhaustion, as after he'd wolfed down his food he proceeded to doze off, right at the table.

Things quickly took a turn for the worse when Kamilla reappeared. Once again the bandit had grabbed the woman and was threatening her with his knife. After a very brief exchange of words and before she could react, he apparently thought better of his actions and went upstairs. Tessa abandoned her more recent assessment of him as having improved. He was clearly a blood-thirsty lunatic walking the tight-rope of sanity. This woman was raised in a church, she also served The Lady, and though her views on the matter of the Crimson Weapons were markedly different, and she may turn them in to her superiors if given the chance, Tessa simply could not bring herself to believe that she would poison them in cold blood. Dismissing the situation entirely, she turned back to her meal, and had another couple of bites. She hadn't gotten far before the fire mage brutally assaulted his own sister. One crazy was already enough, but another?

Kelas suggested an alternative. Have her eat the food as well, and it seemed an agreeable solution to the issue, as Kamilla without hesitation took a serving and began to eat. Kelas seemed unsure, but echoed a call for getting her brother upstairs and into bed. Tessa stood and offered her arm. "Here, I'll help with that. I'm not particularly strong, but he can't be that heavy, and it's not that far." As they were heading up the stairs, Tessa addressed Kelas's earlier questions and concerns, "As far as poisons go, I'm not confident. I know the right magic, but I'm only carrying a simple healing staff, and am not sure it could channel the energies without breaking. But we really don't need to worry about that, I'm fairly certain of it. He's been a bit off all afternoon, on the horseride, before supper, and now. He'd seemed a bit warm earlier, so it's probably just exhaustion. I guess it could be something else since you said he's burning up, but I'm still convinced it's nothing out of the ordinary."

By the time that Morgan had also passed out, they were in no position to know.

[[OOC: Nadesico, I don't know what you're up to, but if you need to, go ahead and strike Tessa down when convenient. The ball's in your court here.

*Silently hoping no new posts since the last time he hit "Preview".*]]

"Get your hand off me" she said brushing Isotov's hand off. "First Morgan now me? what are you, in heat? stop grabbing women and keep your hands to yourself" with that she started walking off again :P

Morgan got off the ground where Isotov had unceremoniously dropped her and began speaking to him.

"So you suspected poison then? I suppose that's a reaosnable explanation for your...strange behavior. I don't believe you were correct in this instance, but it is good to remain vigilant. Perhaps you aren't a total idiot after all."

Edited by -Cynthia-

Iso: Thank you? :huh:

Not sure what to make of Morgan's statement, he looked to see Kamilla leaving the room.

Iso: I don't know what she put on the food, but I'm not taking any chances. I lost too many friends to attacks of that nature .... <_<

Kamilla closed the door behind her, both Kelas and Tessa were watching over Arrin as he slept in his bed. "Hmmm" she said quietly, before reaching into her pocket for the vial only to find it missing. She frowned, she was sure she had put the vial in her pocket earlier, she quickly opened and left the room and headed back to the table where she had been eating.