instruments

whase

51 members have voted

1. 1. what musical instrument do you play?

Piano for 7 years. 6 years classical, and this is my first year of jazz. I play the saxophone with my school band, and I'm pretty good at it. I also want to learn to play the clarinet.

>For piano

Do you do competitions? Or go to a music prep. school (Ex. Juliard Prep, Rowan University, etc.) ?

Edited by Roxas

Played the clarinet for about 5 years by now and used to take piano lessons when I was young. Because of band I'm more serious about the clarinet now, and piano is more of a stress reliever. I also picked up the vibraphone and xylophone in winter drumline, not that I'm any good at keeping tempo.... :lol:

the saxophone was my first instrument, and because of that i can find my way around the flute and clarinet rather decently, not excellent but good enough.

i know my way around the guitar, but i won't pretend that i'm an expert at it or anything of the sort.

somewhat proficient at bass

currently learning piano, and having the time of my life with it! 8D

Guitar, piano/keyboard, drums, bass (well that could just be an assumption, but I kinda figured if I could play guitar then I'd be able to play bass too...)

Mainly I'm huge on drums though. I used to be huge on guitar but I'm moving more towards drums now. (As for guitar I play electric mostly. Yeeeeeeeeeeeah The Devil Wears Prada!!! =D Learned a few of their songs)

Guitar and drums, although drums is much more frugal and basically I just learned it to help me on guitar. I'm pretty good at playing the guitar, although I definitely do some things better than others (blues fuck yeah). I might one day decide to learn another instrument, since they're never particularly difficult.

Tuba primarily, but Bassoon and Saxophone too. And self-taught piano.

Oh! And my favorite song to play on tuba right now is "Air and Boureé" by Bach.

Edited by MizuJosh

-Trying to learn piano-

I've been a voice student for seven years so I pretty much suck

TRUMPET!!!!!!!!!! AAAA!!!

Lol. I can play quite a few instruments: Piano, guitar, bass guitar, saxophone, euphonium, and of course.. TRUMPET! I think my favorite song to play is definitly Novo Lenio, which we played at Music Camp last year(which starts next week... super-hyped), which is such an amazing song(go look it up on Youtube or something right now)... geez, because of this thread I'm going to start rambling.. so I'll stop myself here.

• 1 month later...

I play various instruments in a Javanese Gamelan ensemble.

http://homepages.cae.wisc.edu/~jjordan/gamelan/instrum-photo.html

I have played babar layar, one of the longest songs (at least 10 and maybe as much as 20 minutes...) and am pretty good at it, so I consider myself good.

I can play Trumpet, as well as minor amounts of piano, percussion, saxophone, and other instruments I cannot remember. That mostly stems since I've been in band since 5th grade however.

Bonus

Me and my marching band I was part of. Mind you that was one of our not so great ones. If you look closely enough, you can see me.

I used to play clarinet in middle school, but my high school doesn't offer band and I'm not dedicated enough to buy my own (middle school loaned the instruments). I was also forced to learn piano, but my family moved and I haven't found a tutor (not that I care gee_wiz_emoticon.gif)

Edited by Well-Known Secret