Famitsu scans (+ screens on page 2)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a mage. And a loli.

...And I'm really getting more and more convinced the art style has not shifted one bit. Looks EXACTLY like a Masamune face.

EDIT: Hey wait, that blonde girl behind loli mage...another new character?

Edited by SaltyWongIsSalty

I think that blonde girl(?) might be Sheema.

Katarina appears to be a trainee tactician. I haven't fully translated her description though. I'm not sure if I'd trust her during the heat of battle ^^;;;

Also, I noticed base conversations are mentioned. It seems to be like the ones in FE9/10, except My Unit is the one who's speaking with the characters.

EDIT

Yeah, it's just talking about Normal/Hard/Maniac/Lunatic and the Casual/Classic modes.

Edited by VincentASM

Sheema? I dunno, isn't that kind of drastic? Don't think masamune ever changed anybody's hair color i'd totally kill him if he dyed lena or minerva's hair And it's even the hairstyle, hers didn't grow out to the shoulders like that. That's not her unless Masamune took a ton of liberties.

And that's definitely a girl. I see chesticles.

Edited by SaltyWongIsSalty

Summary of the scan:

The setting of the game appears to follow the original Mystery of the Emblem. Following the events of Shadow Dragon, Hardin, the prince of Aurelis and Marth's trusted ally, ascends as the emperor of the holy kingdom of Akaneia. Marth receives orders from Hardin to suppress rebellious nations and so he leaves Altea on an expedition.

The "Light and Shadow" in the game's title refers to the two heroes of the game - Marth and the player's custom character, dubbed the "My Unit". Before Marth's journey begins, there is a prologue (likely comprised of a few chapters like in Shadow Dragon) that introduces the player's custom "My Unit" into the story. This prologue also doubles as a tutorial, where players can learn the basics of game.

Marth and My Unit were already shown in the official site, but this is the first time we see Shiida/Caeda, as well as a brand new character called Katarina. Katarina is the purple haired girl with an extremely worried expression. She's a new recruit within the Altean Knights and is working to become a Tactician.

There is a brief section on My Unit customisation, but it doesn't offer many details. The magazine does mention Knights and Pegasus Knights as being possible class choices. More interestingly though, there will be new Base Conversations akin to those found in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, where My Unit can speak with other characters before the beginning of the battle.

Otherwise, the rest of the magazine contains information that was already revealed (well, leaked) in the earlier retailer meeting. This includes things like four difficulty settings and Casual/Classic mode. As some fans suspected, difficulty and mode are independent of each other (so you can play Classic Lunatic or Casual Lunatic, etc.). The downloadable maps seem to be new chapters (or perhaps Trial Maps like in Sword of Seals or Path of Radiance).

I'll scour the pages a bit more later.

...And I'm really getting more and more convinced the art style has not shifted one bit. Looks EXACTLY like a Masamune face.
I'm pretty sure Shirow Masamune didn't do the in-game art, and the official art looks nothing like what Masamune did for FEDS.
Sheema? I dunno, isn't that kind of drastic? Don't think masamune ever changed anybody's hair color i'd totally kill him if he dyed lena or minerva's hair And it's even the hairstyle, hers didn't grow out to the shoulders like that. That's not her unless Masamune took a ton of liberties.
Again, not Masamune. Edited by Super FE3 Player

Female My Unit looks like she has camel-toe. WHAT? >_>

Sheeda's new portrait looks cute. <3

Blonde Sheema? I don't think so. Might be a new character.

Is that Cain or is Cecil now a redhead? If so, she will get new fans just by that alone. I hope she has better DEF growth though.

I don't think there should be a Casual/Lunatic. That feels...cheap.

Welp, those are my thoughts for the day.

Like I said awhile back, I can picture Casual being used for low turns easily, which doesn't suddenly make someone a casual player since they're still working hard for a goal. Everyone else can play Classic if they prefer playing normally.

Is that Cain or is Cecil now a redhead? If so, she will get new fans just by that alone. I hope she has better DEF growth though.

It's Cecil. She's a redhead now or it might be the scan.

Edited by Speedwagon

From the hairstyle its Cecil (I think, its a small image), she certainly looks to be a redhead in that art, but it probably will change back to pink in the actual game.

Judging from the pirates, units in battle animations will have eyes now.

But I digress. People will still find a way to complain about HOW IT'S THE SAME AS SHADOW DRAGON AND THAT SHADOW DRAGON HAS THE WORST GRAPHIC STYLE EVER!!!

And don't even try to disagree that all the new animations in Sacred Stones aren't CG experiments.