Famitsu scans (+ screens on page 2)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Japanese, it's ShIIda. It's ShEEda in the PAL version. If it was Sheeda in Japanese, it could very well have been localized as Cheddar...

Anyways, it appears that My Unit's map sprite's hair is their hair color. I believe this is the first individualization of map sprites on a handheld. Lords don't count since, if there were multiple of that class, they'd all have the same hair color.

Anyways, it appears that My Unit's map sprite's hair is their hair color. I believe this is the first individualization of map sprites on a handheld. Lords don't count since, if there were multiple of that class, they'd all have the same hair color.

Where are you getting this from? There's no screen that shows "My Unit" as a map sprite. If you're referring to the pink haired Cavalier, this is likely the map sprite for female Cavaliers.

The most likely (to me) use of the DSi for FE12 is the Downloadable Content might need the SD slot to be saved.

I'm figuring the game proper will function fine on any DS, outside of the downloadables not pre-programmed into the game.

I highly doubt the camera will be made use of.

I think it'll be something stupid like, take a photo of your face and the game uses the parts it has to try and match it. Something worthless that just pisses off anyone with a DSi.

@Rakath: Unlikely. The SD slot pretty much sucks. All it lets you do is store music, photos, and DSiWare (which can't even be launched from the SD card).

@Ike-Mike: That wouldn't do much for the actual game though. RAM is included pretty much for the Browser only. I don't know of any other use for it (except emulating purposes which I don't need to get into at this place).

I think it'll be something stupid like, take a photo of your face and the game uses the parts it has to try and match it. Something worthless that just pisses off anyone with a DSi.
That's what I thought too. And that's exactly what it does as well! :D Edited by MGS: Metal Gear Solid

I'm pretty sure the extra RAM is used for DSiWare so some of the games there actually look prettier than normal DS games.

I guess so. Most of them are pretty low quality though. I guess DSiWare like Photo Dojo and Metal Torrent need the extra RAM.

You have this backwards, her name is Shiida in the European game.

Really? I'd always heard that it was ShEEda in one, and I know it's not the Japanese one (as it would be prnounced Sheddah)

In one of the screens, there's a cavalier with pink hair. It might be the female, but it looks too bright to be a generic, IMO.

In one of the screens, there's a cavalier with pink hair. It might be the female, but it looks too bright to be a generic, IMO.

018.gif

This is Cecil, the first female unpromoted cavalier to exist. The hair color of the map sprite for female cavaliers is likely made after her to distinguish the female and male cavalier sprites. It also helps that the map that sprite is in is Chapter 1

25iwwg6.jpg

and that HP bar suggests that this pink-haired cavalier has less than 20 HP as the base (which is true for Cecil in Book 2).

The 3rd brown-haired cavalier is likely a male "My Unit".

Edited by Speedwagon

Really? I'd always heard that it was ShEEda in one, and I know it's not the Japanese one (as it would be prnounced Sheddah)

Her name in romaji is シーダ (Shiida, pronounced like She - Da), but her official Japanese name is Sheeda.

That's not Romaji. that's Katakana. Her name in Romaji is Shiida. Even if the Japanese call her Sheeda to other countries (makes sense, it looks better to native English speakers) the Japanese still read her name as シーダ, which is changed into our alphabet as Shiida. Still, weird that neither the PAL or NA versions have her name as Sheeda, seeing as it's both her official name and is most visually appealing to your average player.

There's something ironic about a post that takes someone to task over the correct form of a character's name, and then proceeds to make an elementary spelling mistake. I was highlighting that -- the irony -- though clearly I was too subtle, and probably should have written my entire reply in Old English in order to more clearly make the point.

You didn't quite catch my meaning. What I am disregarding is not the past of the series, but your interpretations, aka your opinions. I think that they are silly. As my example should have made clear, the past of the series is irrelevant to my point: Caeda in Shadow Dragon is a high water mark for her character design, it does not matter to me how much worse it has been in the past.

But regardless, as I said, I appreciate that you at least did something other than assert that you were correct. You thought that Caeda looked flirty with everyone in SD, and therefore like her new, vapid stare. I, on the other hand, prefer the SD look, where she looked serious and wise beyond her years. Unless you're going to push the issue and argue that your interpretation is superior, or otherwise continue to blast yourself in the foot with an Irony Uzi by calling me "picky", I beleive that this concludes the conversation on this subject.

And I think your opinions are also pretty silly (wise beyond her years? Are you kidding me? Is that your fancy pants way of saying older?), and you spend way too much time trying to score points with your snide comments. Just to pre-empt you, I have been ignoring your attempts at irony and sarcasm because I find them trite, purposefully argumentative and pointless. I mean, really, a spelling mistake is the same as an opinion on a name, and thus counts as irony? Right. Your turn to look up the correct usage of words now.

For the last time, my correction of her name was not me being picky, it was me making a light jab at her NoA name because I'm not fond of it. I only said that because I thought YOU were being picky in the first place by complaining about a relatively small adjustment to her design (frankly, if she still looked older she wouldn't really fit well with Marth looking younger, would she?).

As for the weeaboo stuff, you were missing my point. Considering other people would think of you as a weeaboo just for playing Fire Emblem, and of course you don't care about that, then why should I give a damn that you think I'm a weeaboo just because I prefer Sheeda or Shiida over the stupid NoA name? In both cases, its completely incorrect usage of the word, especially given that I'm in Europe where we don't use that name at all. Get my point now? Can I finally stop defending myself now, please? Oy... yeah, lets call this conversation over. We've both had our last word like fifty times now...

Back on the topic in question... can anyone check if the My Unit characters named in the dialogue boxes of the new screenshots, and if so, is the guy still called Chris? I get the feeling that there's an option to skip the customisation completely and go with one of the default two.

I never understood why overseas Nintendo offices ended up developing an obsession to revise all the names anyway. We may sing praises for Japan's Sheeda, but would you say the same for "Siglud"?

It'd be too bad if the game ends up with a region locking though.

And I think your opinions are also pretty silly (wise beyond her years? Are you kidding me? Is that your fancy pants way of saying older?)[...] Get my point now?

I'm not sure how the image of a clown riding a tricycle can possibly be considered "trite", unless you don't know what that word actually means, but it appears that I've just now answered my own question, since you are a serial violator of the meaning of words and phrases.

"Wise beyond her years" -- a saying which might actually count as "trite", I guess -- is just a way of expressing that she looks mature for her age, not that she looks older. Anyone who has ever seen a youngster who is dead-serious about something will know precisely what I am talking about. Caeda in FE12 looks like a generic anime bluehair; Caeda in FEDS looks as if she might actually feel the weight of her responsibilities. Pardon me if I prefer the latter to the former.

(that was sarcastic, by the way, since my preferences are not actually subject to anyone's approval)

As for your imaginary people who think that I am a weeaboo, you are correct that I don't care about them, but you are wrong about why. There are two reasons that I don't care; I will make a numbered list so that you can better understand:

1) They are not real people, you made them up as a rhetorical device. I don't care about about hypotheticals.

2) These fake people are Doing It Wrong<tm>, since the word doesn't fit what's being described.

This is as if someone pointed to me and accused me of being a glass of orange juice. Not only do I not really care overmuch about this person's opinion as a general principle, I am also, not, in fact, a glass of orange juice. It is even possible to prove this empirically.

[...]then why should I give a damn that you think I'm a weeaboo just because I prefer Sheeda or Shiida over the stupid NoA name?

Nobody suggested that you should "give a damn" what I think, even though I am pretty amazing. That right there, is a conflict born purely of your own imagination. The real issue here is your elitist/purist/wapanaese response to my post, with regard to Caeda's proper name, which I took issue with. And then you blew out of proportion. Just setting the record straight.

Can I finally stop defending myself now, please?

I don't know, can you? Available evidence suggests that you're extremely reluctant to back down once someone crosses you, but surely you could stop arguing if you chose to. If you don't like it when people respond negatively to what you say, there's an easy solution to that problem (hint: it involves how you choose to speak to people).

I'm happy to see an awesome-looking Marth. I predict they will only need to produce 5 more games where Marth doesn't look like a complete dumbass in order to cancel out the cumulative ugliness of his NES, SNES, and Smash Bros appearances.

I don't know, can you? Available evidence suggests that you're extremely reluctant to back down once someone crosses you, but surely you could stop arguing if you chose to. If you don't like it when people respond negatively to what you say, there's an easy solution to that problem (hint: it involves how you choose to speak to people).

Wow, you really should take your own advice. Please take your ego trip elsewhere, I'm done. Feel like you've "won" if you like, I'm pretty sure by this point that your arrogance has no bounds.

I never understood why overseas Nintendo offices ended up developing an obsession to revise all the names anyway. We may sing praises for Japan's Sheeda, but would you say the same for "Siglud"?

It'd be too bad if the game ends up with a region locking though.

A grand total of zero DS games have been region locked, and FEDS is one of them that has not been region locked.

Give me one reason why they're going to start.

This game apparently has DSi features. DSi games are region locked.

Where is the quote or picture that provides this information? I can't read japanese, so Idk about the famitsu posts.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw the boxart. I really hope they don't make it enhanced.

Edited by MizuJosh