Famitsu scans (+ screens on page 2)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So a proper relationship chart, My Unit confirmed for non-mute and Marth doesn't ahve baby cheeks anymore.

Horray!

Indeed! I think the fact that Chris can talk is the thing that pleases me most. Though I'm very happy Marth doesn't have so much pudge.

And I don't think we can rule out supports yet. The return of base conversations would be enough for me though, I didn't miss the supports TOO much from Radiant Dawn, thanks to those making up for it.

Growths matter too.

And Book 2 just auto-levels most characters in Book 2 for their "new bases", which are not that far off from their book 1 average stats at that same level.

Do remember there's also the orb fragments at least. So those can make a huge difference as well.

Made it better. And its Sheeda.

Better? Not for this soldier. I think that she looked serious and mature in FEDS, and now she looks like a goofball, so I consider that a step backwards. Also, as I am not a weeaboo, to me her name is "Caeda" unless and until NOA says otherwise.

Edited by Interceptor

Better? Not for this soldier. I think that she looked serious and mature in FEDS, and now she looks like a goofball, so I consider that a step backwards. Also, as I am not a weeaboo, to me her name is "Caeda" unless and until NOA says otherwise.

Calm down, Team America. Her name is Shiida or Sheeda everywhere else, its nothing to do with being a weeaboo. Although I've got some shocking news for you... you play Fire Emblem. You're a weeaboo.

And she doesn't look like a goofball, you're overreacting rediculously. She just no longer looks like she's flirting with every person she's talking to. She looks like SHE ALWAYS HAS DONE. If anything she looks less of a goofball than she used to still.

"Caeda" works with the Japanese name's characters, because "shi" can be interpreted as "see", and as a result the letter "c". Look no closer than Caesar ("Shisha" or whatever) for an example.

Weeaboo fail.

It seems that female cavaliers have pink hair in the map sprite.

Also every country has their own palletes, Grust yellow?

Edited by JosefLior

Calm down, Team America. Her name is Shiida or Sheeda everywhere else [...]

... except on the DS cart that I'm holding in my hands right now, which would appear to be the tie-breaker. I'm sure there also a hack somewhere that she's called "Bruce", but if it's all the same to you (read: even if it isn't), I'll be referring to her as "Caeda".

[...] its nothing to do with being a weeaboo. Although I've got some shocking news for you... you play Fire Emblem. You're a weeaboo.

Violet Vizzini: YOU PLAY FIRE EMBLEM. YOU ARE A WEEABOO.

Interceptor Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

And she doesn't look like a goofball, you're overreacting rediculously. She just no longer looks like she's flirting with every person she's talking to. She looks like SHE ALWAYS HAS DONE. If anything she looks less of a goofball than she used to still.

Her old look prior to Shadow Dragon is irrelevant; I think it's worse than the best that it was, what it previously was does not matter. There used to be an Enzo called "Caeda". It has been replaced by a VW Bug. I am not comforted by the fact that it could have also been replaced by a clown riding a tricycle. Let me know if the metaphor doesn't work for you.

We're not going to agree on this point, much like we probably won't see eye to eye on the correct number of i's in "ridiculous", but that's OK, we can disagree on the Interwebs. I appreciate that you've given your reasons rather than just asserting that you were correct, although I'll likely be disregarding them.

Edited by Interceptor

Interceptor Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

You're hispanic?

Do remember there's also the orb fragments at least. So those can make a huge difference as well.

Oh god, please no...please not those...ANYTHING but those...

The only characters that are gonna need real boosts in this whole game are Sheema/Roshe/Est if they are sticking to FE3 Book 2 stat wise. And this isn't DS in terms of characters are shit and their is nothing you can do to fix that on H5.

Edit: Actually I finally played Hard 3 recently... And I'm kinda surprised. I should have played H3 sooner. All I play is pretty much H5. Pretty much every character is a load easier to use on H3 and you can even take advantage of classes like knight/myrmidon.

Edit Again: I forgot about the goddamn triangle attack and how since both paola/katua are pretty much top Est gets the benefit of it if she is used in conjuncture with them so she is also able to be immediately used.

You'll find everyone else can be pretty much immediately used.

Also why the heck is everyone complaining about casual mode. I like the idea of casual mode myself. It means we can tier debate using optimal strategies like sacrificing units and not feel guilty afterward... Tier debaters are people to ya know. Besides it will increase sales for this game.

Edited by Mr. Francis York Morgan

Caeda's official English name is Caeda, just like Sheeda's official Japanese name is Sheeda, just like Shiida's official European name is Shiida

to be griping at someone for calling Sheeda Caeda is stupid. i don't give two bits what she's called in China, my Nintendo of America game cartridge clearly labels her as Caeda, so that's the name I shall call her.

you can call her by whatever name you prefer, but don't you go griping at people for calling her the actual, official name, you weeaboo.

"Caeda" works with the Japanese name's characters, because "shi" can be interpreted as "see", and as a result the letter "c". Look no closer than Caesar ("Shisha" or whatever) for an example.

Weeaboo fail.

I'm well aware that Japanese has no set translations, but anyone with any experience of the language knows that the whole point is to translate the intention, not to translate 100% accurately, because literal Japanese translations make very little sense. This is the same for names, especially when they're intending to write western style names. I would consider Caeda to be a poor translation, missing the intended name, while Caesar would be fine.

Nintendo of America does not always translate things well. Caeda is one occasion where the translation is pretty meh and they should of left it alone, in my (and other's) opinion. Its not really an issue of accuracy.

WEEABOO TIME OVER.

And Interceptor, I know what it means, but frankly, the very fact that you play Fire Emblem makes you a weeaboo in most other people's eyes. You can deny your level of weeabooality all you like but you're tarnished, just like the rest of us. JOIN US.

Nice to see you stooping to picking apart piddling spelling mistakes though, I honestly didn't think I'd argued my point enough to get to that response already. Anyway, enough of that, I just think you're really being overly picky if you suddenly think she looks goofy. And you can disregard the series' past all you like, doesn't get rid of it.

Cynthia, I think you're overreacting just a tad, I was only poking at him for doing it anyway, I was hardly making a big deal of it until people started throwing weeaboo at me.

Man, this fandom has some self-awareness issues if weeaboo is a common insult.

Edited by Violet

Two pages and nobody comments on Marth's new look? He looks absolutely bitchin in-game, and they even gave him pants when he's fighting now.

On the other hand, Palla and Catria use the same ones as before <_<

Two pages and nobody comments on Marth's new look? He looks absolutely bitchin in-game, and they even gave him pants when he's fighting now.

On the other hand, Palla and Catria use the same ones as before <_<

WHAT YOU MEAN MARS RIGHT?

Joke. Seriously though, I'm a bit sad his battle sprite looks the same... his sword still fails to actually look like it's impaling his foes.

I'm well aware that Japanese has no set translations, but anyone with any experience of the language knows that the whole point is to translate the intention, not to translate 100% accurately, because literal Japanese translations make very little sense. This is the same for names, especially when they're intending to write western style names. I would consider Caeda to be a poor translation, missing the intended name, while Caesar would be fine.

So what do you think the intended name is? And how do you know, for a fact, that it is the intended name?

So what do you think the intended name is? And how do you know, for a fact, that it is the intended name?

To an extent you're right, I don't know what IS definitely wanted her name to be, but I'm going to take a guess that it was simply Sheeda. Whenever her name has been written in English, it was Sheeda, or Shiida (or Sheida in the anime if you wanna get technical). It was even Shiida in Brawl. I don't think its well known by many how much creative liberty NoA takes with naming these days. NoA is pretty much out of step with the rest of the world when it comes to the names of things in various games at the moment, from the awful new names that the karts and bikes in Mario Kart Wii got (seriously, look up the differences) to some of the changes to names in Shadow Dragon and Zelda: Spirit Tracks.

Oddly enough, this has only been a recent thing. Up until a couple of years ago, NoA just translated things as it always has done everywhere. Now it likes to make up its own names for things, and we end up essentially with two English versions of a game. I'm not saying that all the names in the European version are better, because they're not, but the majority seem to be.

My short summary of the screenshots/press release.

As if it needed to be confirmed, this game is explicitly stated to be a remake of Book 2 of Mystery of the Emblem. For those who don't know, Book 1 was a remake of Dark Dragon and Sword of Light, the very first Fire Emblem, which Mystery of the Emblem was a sequel to. However, that game has already been recently remade as Shadow Dragon, and besides Book 2 was always intended to be the actual Mystery of the Emblem.

The only real new detail is that the game boasts "over 300 conversation events that affirm character's bonds". What this exactly means is unknown, as it could be referring to events in general, base conversations and/or support conversations. We'll probably find out soon anyway.

Now that there's a larger version of the game's boxart, you can see that the game's code number includes "TWL". I'm not 100% sure, but this seems to suggest that the game will be released on a DSi-enhanced cartridge; the game should run on all DS models, but may contain enhancements when run on a DSi. Unfortunately, in what appears to be the trend these days, one of these enhancements could be region-locking for DSi owners. Don't quote me on this though!

Some eagle-eyed fans have noticed an odd-looking enemy in this screenshot, which looks like a Pirate, but has yellow clothing. If it's anything like the original, I'm guessing that enemy is probably a Bandit.

Any DSi owners got any comments for the 3rd point? I'm mostly speculating there.

Oddly enough, this has only been a recent thing. Up until a couple of years ago, NoA just translated things as it always has done everywhere. Now it likes to make up its own names for things, and we end up essentially with two English versions of a game. I'm not saying that all the names in the European version are better, because they're not, but the majority seem to be.

That might not necessarily be true. I think recently NOE has started to revert/fix some of the NOA translations, leading to different "versions" of the game. FE DS may have been released in Europe first, but there are signs that the script was done by NOA anyway. In any case, NOA became more liberal with FE names since FE8, so I don't think it's anything new (I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing).

Edited by VincentASM

I like how vastly unamused and adorable Marth's is now.

Also, for those curious, nothing will ever make me like Ryan enough to use him. But, from what I see, he's basically gotten a point of skill every 8 levels, if they're using his old bases. Either they kept his skill growth stupendously high, or this is ridiculously blessed.

And Interceptor, I know what it means, but frankly, the very fact that you play Fire Emblem makes you a weeaboo in most other people's eyes.

I'm not sure why I'm supposed to care about the opinions of people who don't understand the meaning of words. If a bunch of ignoramuses think that dolphins are fish, does that make it so? The very idea is absurd.

Nice to see you stooping to picking apart piddling spelling mistakes though, I honestly didn't think I'd argued my point enough to get to that response already.

There's something ironic about a post that takes someone to task over the correct form of a character's name, and then proceeds to make an elementary spelling mistake. I was highlighting that -- the irony -- though clearly I was too subtle, and probably should have written my entire reply in Old English in order to more clearly make the point.

Anyway, enough of that, I just think you're really being overly picky if you suddenly think she looks goofy. And you can disregard the series' past all you like, doesn't get rid of it.

You didn't quite catch my meaning. What I am disregarding is not the past of the series, but your interpretations, aka your opinions. I think that they are silly. As my example should have made clear, the past of the series is irrelevant to my point: Caeda in Shadow Dragon is a high water mark for her character design, it does not matter to me how much worse it has been in the past.

But regardless, as I said, I appreciate that you at least did something other than assert that you were correct. You thought that Caeda looked flirty with everyone in SD, and therefore like her new, vapid stare. I, on the other hand, prefer the SD look, where she looked serious and wise beyond her years. Unless you're going to push the issue and argue that your interpretation is superior, or otherwise continue to blast yourself in the foot with an Irony Uzi by calling me "picky", I beleive that this concludes the conversation on this subject.

I like Marth's new look. It's 100 times better than his crappy look in SD.

Truly, Marth's look in Shadow Dragon had nowhere to go but up.

The third point just means it'll use the camera some way or another. The DSi/DSiXL are the same things as the others sans the camera and DSiWare (and I guess the interface too if you care that much). I have no idea what TWL even means. A look at another DSi-enhanced game case doesn't display any of that (it's American, so that may be why. I can't find the Japanese one).

http://gbatemp.net/img/nds-boxart/static/5653.png

Edited by MGS: Metal Gear Solid

Man, this fandom has some self-awareness issues if weeaboo is a common insult.

Weeaboo is a common insult though.

Also, I am now reminded of the arguments between the name "Porky Minch" and/or "Pokey Minch" for MOTHER/Earthbound. >_>

FYI in the real proper Greek pronounciation for Caesar you pronounce both the 'e' and 'a' so it comes out as "Kah-ee-sar".

Just felt like pointing this out.

The third point just means it'll use the camera some way or another. The DSi/DSiXL are the same things as the others sans the camera and DSiWare (and I guess the interface too if you care that much).

The DSi has more RAM as well.

Edited by Ike-Mike