Famitsu scans (+ screens on page 2)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting fact. Has NO ONE noticed the new-looking class Doga's fighting in one of the screenshots?

I didn't think it was worth mentioning since we don't know much about it, except it's either a bandit/barbarian or pirate, which was in the original FE3.

Edited by VincentASM

I didn't think it was worth mentioning since we don't know much about it, except it's either a bandit/barbarian or pirate, which was in the original FE3.

Well, it also shows that perhaps Bandits/Barbarians are their own class so it's possible they didn't replace all the Barbarians with Berserkers. Still cool to know.

Anyways, I'm psyched for this game already.

EDIT: Also, they are yellow. That is, that they are not red. As in, enemies will have different color depending on who it is rather than just all red because it's the enemy.

Which is super duper.

Edited by Master Tang

When a character's main trait is "being worried" you know it's a bad character. I don't know why the Japanese seem to showcase the most mundane things in their reveals (LOOK! A new character in a game that isn't character driven!).

What the hell did they do to Caeda's face? Bastards.

Made it better. And its Sheeda.

When a character's main trait is "being worried" you know it's a bad character. I don't know why the Japanese seem to showcase the most mundane things in their reveals (LOOK! A new character in a game that isn't character driven!).

Yeah, um... Fire Emblem kind of IS character driven? Its an RPG. It's not a Mario game. It's not even Advance Wars, which could still be considered character driven in some respects.

I always find it weird how people who have such loathing for anime and anime traits (oh no, Masamune faces!) and character designs can even get interested in Fire Emblem in the FIRST PLACE. Honestly. Its about as anime a series as you can get. That said, the new character is clearly a clutzy sort and is probably there to represent novice players who don't know what to do.

Enough of all that, time for some new screenshots! I figure I could of made a new topic for these, but I'll put them here for now.

347upu1.jpgehi1de.jpgvdip8m.jpg

j0ws2r.jpg2w4gxle.jpg2eb7edk.jpg

1rdmyq.jpg141oy9j.jpg25iwwg6.jpg

2dt7hj9.jpg6pxhc5.jpg34xgysm.jpg

15zjo01.jpg2vm6eld.jpg

2z3xrhd.jpg

A little disappointed to see that the battle animations are largely the same, although the background looks less washed out now. I just hope the animations themselves are a bit more flashy, like the jump from Path of Radiance to Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Speedwagon

Can't say I care for the overload of reused sprites.

In fact, this kind of reinforces the bad feeling I get they aren't going to tweak character bases/growths at all, and most guys will wind up exactly the way they did to their book 1 counterparts (one of the many issues I had with FE3)

And I'm pretty sure even Grandjackal couldn't hype Ryan. The man admits he has limits.

Edited by SaltyWongIsSalty

In fact, this kind of reinforces the bad feeling I get they aren't going to tweak character bases/growths at all, and most guys will wind up exactly the way they did to their book 1 counterparts (one of the many issues I had with FE3)
No character in Book 2 has the same bases as Book 1, what are you talking about?

Growths matter too.

And Book 2 just auto-levels most characters in Book 2 for their "new bases", which are not that far off from their book 1 average stats at that same level.

Bases are more important than growths, so pretty much everyone will be better except for early gamers that now join mid/late (Kain, Abel).

When you get the same character as before, it's not farfetched to expect them to be similar than before. It's the new characters that tweak the stats, and Machis will likely reflect his FEDS changes.

When you get the same character as before, it's not farfetched to expect them to be similar than before.

FE10 pulled it off well, even if the stat scale wasn't increased.

That's one of only two positive things you'll ever hear me say about FE10, btw.

Edited by SaltyWongIsSalty

仲間との絆を確かめる会話イベントは、300以上が用意される。

"...more than 300 conversation events that confirm companion's bonds..."

I wonder if this is talking about events in general (Shadow Dragon had 190+) or something similar to supports?

Edited by VincentASM

FE10 pulled it off well, even if the stat scale wasn't increased.

That's one of only two positive things you'll ever hear me say about FE10, btw.

I think the idea was that these units are a higher level, and their stats reflected that.

Doga is roughly the same, but because he has the most diverse class change options, this doesn't matter since he's a very creative character on his own.

Most of the units that this affects are units most people didn't really use much anyway. Gordon's higher bases change his stat design despite having similar averages, because now he's an "acceptable bases, poor growths" unit instead of "poor bases, poor growths". Ryan fills the part of a tweaked character.

The three joining Social Knights fill the part of stat tweaked characters. Rody has poor bases, decent growths, Luke is all around, and Cecile has good bases, worse growths, while Abel & Kain were almost the same as each other. Kain & Abel are also different, maybe not statistically but in their playstyle, Kain is now a mid-joining unit and Abel is a pre-promote.

Linda joins early, but her stat makeup was changed in FEDS anyway.

Machis' has had growth changes in FEDS, so being auto-leveled will consequentially change his bases.

Who knows what will happen to Warren.

If Paola and Katua are changed, it'll be in the form of nerfs. So much for "stat tweaking".

Julian will be similar.

Oguma will be similar.

Navarre is a base stat monster. His stat makeup was changed in FEDS, so his bases will probably be different.

The prologue throws more new characters at you.

So basically, FEDS already tweaked the stat makeup of several characters, and FEDS2 is just going to ride that.

Edited by Super FE3 Player