LoAF Character Ranking

Kanami

Rita down- She's consistent at least, and her interactions are kind of interesting I'll admit.

Cess down- Agreed, but lower than Dani or Conrad? He's definitely not bottom.

Damian down- Eh, maybe. He's kind of a central character though, which makes for a good amount of interesting interactions.

Esphyr- Agreed on the inconsistency. Not as bad as Helios, but...

Lol Zilpah. Helios is schizophrenic, but also has multiple personality disorder methinks.

1) Her interactions are basically, OMGSWORDDIE, and trying to feel up Kelas. It isn't anything of real substance, and, going on the recent.. incidents, I'd rather she be lower.

2) I can't argue that, because it involves one of my characters.

3) Problem is, it's mostly producing Deus Ex Machina, and him showing what a great guy it is. Sueness to the extreme, which is a result of lackluster writing.

4)Definitely not, but there'd the Lev thing recently...

5)Understatement to part 2. Part one should be the new name of his tier.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I'm probably giving Rita a bit of a reprieve here because she's newish. It's hard to develop characters too much in only a few chapters, so her being one dimensional is more acceptable for now. I'll say she can drop if she doesn't add anything new in the upcoming chapters.

3. Ether has been kind of better about that lately, he got injured and stuff. And then fawned over excessively, though that wasn't all his fault. Damian/Esphyr sometimes has good interactions, other times I'm headdesking.

I agree with Snike on Pary. Needs more development, but is not terribad.

Zilpah tier

Zilpah

High

Morgan

Kelas

Tessa

Mid-High

Isotov

Eric

Lev

Arrin

Viveka

Heinz

Derek

Mid

Alferis

Irina

Damian

Esphyr

Reika

Charlotte

Altion

Lower Mid

Rita

Pary

Chase

Cess

Dani

Conrad

Bottom

Aiya

Helios

Katie

Mage Girls (Modkilled)

Edited by -Cynthia-

Cynthia, I'd like your opinion on the Pary issue.

EDIT: Never mind.

Tessa switch with Iso? Tessa is nice and all, but she doesn't really do a lot, although that may have more to do with Bal's schedule.

Edited by Dark Sage

Personally I prefer Tessa's detailed monologues and interactions with just about everyone to Isotov talking to Katie (it's like having a conversation with a writing rock), but I guess I could get more opinions on this.

New list

Charlotte

Morgan

Kelas

High

Iso

Tessa

Viveka

Eric

Lev

Arrin

Upper Mid

Heinz

Derek

Alferis

Esphyr

Reika

Low Mid

Irina

Damian

Altion

Chase

Dani

Low

Rita

Pary

Cess

Bottom

Conrad

Aiya

Katie

Helios

Mage Sisters

Are these your personal opinions or are you trying to compile what everyone (well more everyone whose opinion is well supported) thinks? Just wondering.

I don't really any issues with your positioning. I feel awkward having my own characters at #1 and #2, but I'm also rather flattered to be honest.

Conrad isn't bottom material. You're the only person who thinks he's that bad. Bottom of low would be more accurate.

A lot of that list seems lie opinion actually.

Edited by Lightning

It's a combination of the above.

Conrad is Bottom. I'm sorry, what is his personality exactly? Dutiful? His leadership qualities suck and for somebody who's supposed to be a general, he doesn't behave like one, wandering around aimlessly and not getting involved actively into planning and the like.

Next, Charlotte is Top tier material. What exactly makes her less interesting and developed than Iso for one?

Finally, what makes Dani low material? She exhibits a larger range of emotions than any of the people lower than her and has more personality and character development.

You know, I give you people a lot of crap, but I support the idea of keeping people in character, if you have to have a list to make sure it's done, well, I guess that's fine.

Are these your personal opinions or are you trying to compile what everyone (well more everyone whose opinion is well supported) thinks? Just wondering.

I don't really any issues with your positioning. I feel awkward having my own characters at #1 and #2, but I'm also rather flattered to be honest.

@ Bolded: Implied.

Really? Why do I need to? It's not like I'm impolite or heavily biased towards various people (there is a bit admitedly, I try not to, though Cynthia has shades of this too). Besides, I did this before and nobody objected.

Well of course Luna herself is bias as well. We all are. For one characters like Aiya and Helios will never rise all that high no matter what the rpers do with them because they're too stained with horrible cliches and their past performances shine far passed any likely future improvements. Then we have characters that are hurt by posting style and such. Then there are characters like Morgan who are automatically high because her personality is so small and shallow that she's predictable and understandable under all circumstances. She literally can't drop because of this. Lastly we've got characters like Irina who actually have to be support developed by other characters. As of late, Irina's been sticking to small opinions and hanging out in the background. Don't expect too much from her unless something bad happens to Kiev or she gets dragged into something.