Lord of Azure Flame: Suggestions

Inactive Account

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other end of things, you have Ether who doesn't use any skills complaining the caps are too low and he has to put points in things he doesn't want. So...yeah.

WRT Keen Edge, it does seem underpowered. I'd rather just give a +1(or +2?) bonus on the skill roll.

I think new skills could be suggested as well. They'd have to be approved of course, and I guess there's the issue of "but I wanted that skill at signup!", but the current list is a little limited IMO.

ROFL. Just lock me and him in a room, and whoever survives wins.

Hey, Ether, if you don't wanna put extra points in certain stats, can I have them?

Now with that mind, can you re-address the issue? Clearly?

I do not see the number 31 mentioned anywhere.

I was going to address this when i came upon this

Kai, just shut up, you're not helping and your point is invalid

Yah

Suggestions:

We need to balance the penalty for having a skill. 3 points is too much, sadly.

Weapon skills

Killing weapons: Basically they have a +- 2 skill roll modifier. However, if you have to use the modifier, the crit is only 1.5X damage. Expected to cost a lot. Credits to Phoenix.

Magic weapons: Can counter archers, but run on MAG and strike RES. Physical units only.

Skills

Breach(Lance-users only): Activation would be to roll a 3 on your skill roll. Ignores defense for the next attack. Can stack with criticals. Credits go again to Phoenix.

Full Tilt: Activates twice per battle, has to be called before the attack. Multiplies evasion by 1.5, but reduces Defense to 0 for that turn. Again, Phoenix's idea, not mine, though I tweaked this one.

Pavise: Tier two units with shields only. Ignore damage for one attack. Activates twice per battle.

Daunt: Passive Tier 2 skill. Reduces attackers' skill and evasion by one each. Not applied to units with Nihil.

Resolve: Passive tier 2 skill. Multiplies unit's strength/magic power, speed, skill, defense, and resistance by 1.5, when unit is 33% health or lower. This speed only adds .5 evade, though. Nihil-proof.

Cancel: Activation: Roll a 2 or a 4 on your skill roll. Prevents a counter attack if the attack with the skill activated hits.

Nihil: Negates most enemy combat skills.

Edited by Snike

Killing weapons- Against only because people throw money around like nobody's business. We can't have buyable items until we have a serious economic system.

Skills look good except Resolve, which is way better than any other skill IMO. I would probably remove either the Str or Def/Res portions of it and not make it Nihil proof.

Full Tilt should reduce Res to 0 as well.

Should probably specify rounding up/down. I'm in favor of rounding down personally.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Killing weapons is actually a skill, but I originally suggested it for weapons because we needed there to be differences between an iron sword and a silver one. I think Snike changed it to Killing weapons because he wants us to have weapon effectiveness implemented in some way.

I don't get how you can have killing weapons as a non-weapon skill. That removes the points of swordmasters/assassins entirely. It was meant for the new money system.

Full Tilt, you're right. RES to 0.

Resolve, OK, DEF and RES bonuses are out.

My issue with not Nihil-proofing that skill is that it's basically adrenaline. Adrenaline shouldn't go away because a skill ignores special statuses.

Cancel is ridiculous. No counter makes the bow's "not countered every other player attack and you can't counter emenies plus you have lowered def/res" seem pathetic.

My issue with not Nihil-proofing that skill is that it's basically adrenaline. Adrenaline shouldn't go away because a skill ignores special statuses.

The ability to parry shouldn't go away because a skill ignores special statuses.

The ability to manipulate your own stats (stat shift, rage, heroic stand, etc.) shouldn't go away because a skill ignores special statuses.

Either Nihil is altered so that only effects that directly affect the unit that has it are ignored, or all other enemy skills are treated equal, IMO.

I'm not really sure how Nihil logically works at countering things in the first place "Your special skill of hitting things better doesn't work against me...because I said so." Resolve being exempt just seems odd.

Edited by -Cynthia-

FE Logic. They just glare at you.

Yeah, Nihil is out, or we have a committee go through the skills and decide which ones it affects.

@Cancel: Get Chase a longbow, then come back to me and complain. >.>

Edit: Changed Nihil stance.

Edited by Snike

Archer's need a way of close range counters, methinks. I actually think Kai's idea of having a Short Bow is great. Also, Crimson Bow doesn't get the "no counter" bonus but Calamity gets +1 speed? wtf is this bullshit?

I was ignoring counters for it anyways (conveniently wasn't countered by the leeches) since the double standard of knife getting regular bonuses and bows not was stupid.

V The point is that the daggers still retained speed bonus while the Bow didn't retain no counters.

Edited by Lightning

You know I wondered, what's the difference for each of the weapons in this game? Are there different damage bonuses for each of them? It would just make more sense if we did so. Otherwise, things like Tomahawk completely blow other weapons out of the water.

Unless I missed something.

Then what's the point of having weapons like Silver axes and Iron swords if there's no difference? I know the formula and I'm saying it's flawed. Not even Crimson Weapons seem to have any true differences.

I'd assume the S-Ranked weapons, if there are some, will have some stat modifiers/skills, but otherwise, no differences, which is annoying to me.

Edit: Grammar fail.

Edited by Snike

There are some...

Knives have -1 str +1 speed bonus.

Bows get no counter every other player attack, but def/res is lowered by 1 each. Counterattacking is still under consideration.

I think there are some more as well.

There's WTD. I was referring to MT, HIT and CRIT, not the stat stat modifiers.

So, uh, Chase is even more of a glass cannon than Eric? Good to know.