Lord of Azure Flame: Suggestions

Inactive Account

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magic weapons: Can counter archers, but run on MAG and strike RES. Physical units only.

Skills

Breach(Lance-users only): Activation would be to roll a 3 on your skill roll. Ignores defense for the next attack. Can stack with criticals. Credits go again to Phoenix.

Full Tilt: Activates twice per battle, has to be called before the attack. Multiplies evasion by 1.5, but reduces Defense and Resistance to 0 for that turn. Again, Phoenix's idea, not mine, though I tweaked this one.

Pavise: Tier two units with shields only. Ignore damage for one attack. Activates twice per battle.

Daunt: Passive Tier 2 skill. Reduces attackers' skill and evasion by one each.

Resolve: Passive tier 2 skill. Multiplies unit's strength/magic power, speed, and skill, by 1.5 rounded down, when unit is 33% health or lower. This speed only adds .5 evade, though.

Cancel: Activation: Roll a 2 or a 4 on your skill roll. Prevents a counter attack if the attack with the skill activated hits.

I think The CB not getting the archer bonus was nulled, as well.

Edited by Snike

When I meant differences between weapons I meant what's the difference between a Steel Sword and an Iron Sword? Why would anyone choose one over the other? Why would a Steel axe be as strong as a Slim sword? It makes no sense?

I figured out how to make Nosferatu work. I absorb 1/2 the damage delt. :awesome:

I really only have it to counter balance Morgan. She's a level above me, and has the Crimson Dark.

I figured out how to make Nosferatu work. I absorb 1/2 the damage delt. :awesome:

I really only have it to counter balance Morgan. She's a level above me, and has the Crimson Dark.

Let's put it this way: You get that, all skill-users get their 3 lost stat points back, and all non-skill users gain one skill each. So, I would advise you drop it, for the sake of balance. That's like a Sol from a Valkyrie, anyways.

What I'm saying is that we shouldn't go add weapon skills just because you want to one-up a Crimson wielder. I mean, I'd be less annoyed if that was a skill, but then you'd have to lower your cumulative stats by 3, otherwise it's unfair to the skill-users.

Edited by Snike

I'm not saying it would happen with all my weapons though, just that one. And both tomes would have the same stats, just that the Nosferatu would gain health.

Edited by psychout50

I'm not saying it would happen with all my weapons though, just that one. And both tomes would have the same stats, just that the Nosferatu would gain health.

I never said that it would. But weapon durability is non-existant in the RP, so it still unbalances it. It's basically giving Cess a free skill, which I have a problem with.

Oh, I get. Yeah, it's like me having Sol. Nevermind. But I'm still for giving Sol full damage recover as oppose to half.

Valkyries have a Str cap of 4 or 5, I forget. The most damage they could do is 11, before defenses. So they're getting anywhere from 1-3 HP, depending on the enemy.

No, max would be 20, before defenses. You have to roll a 5 on the skill roll, so if you roll a 5 on the damage, it's a Critted Sol. So they're healing about 4-6, which is popping 2 uses of a vulnerary at the moment. We'll leave this one up to Snowy, though.

But what about the original question about why all weapons, no matter how strong or heavy, share the same weight, might, and hit. It just makes no sense. For example, a Steel Axe is clearly stronger than a Slim Sword, yet in this RP, it has the same power. This makes no sense and defeats the purpose of having multiple weapons except for WTA/WTD but still. There should be some more difference between them.

That requires effort. Bring it up with the RP moderators. (Cynthia and Snowy)

Not really, say a Fighter with a Steel axe is up against a Myrmidon with a Slim sword. The fighter has more strength to go with the axe, and the Myrm has less. For weight, the Fighter has less speed, with the Myrm has more. The stats balance out the weapons sorta.

Or a heal from Tessa. Which reminds me, Charlotte has Mend, Tessa has Heal. Charlotte needs to be healing more than Tessa.

But what about the original question about why all weapons, no matter how strong or heavy, share the same weight, might, and hit. It just makes no sense. For example, a Steel Axe is clearly stronger than a Slim Sword, yet in this RP, it has the same power. This makes no sense and defeats the purpose of having multiple weapons except for WTA/WTD but still. There should be some more difference between them.

Once again. All differences in weapons, staves, etc. within the same class are completely meaningless. There is no distinction between Iron, Steel, Heal, Mend, etc.

They relative strengths only "make sense" within the FE games, where said strengths are offset by other weaknesses (high weapon weight to lower speed, accuracy penalties for axes, lower weapon durability, etc.)

If you want to implement differences between weapon types, you need to bring into play all of those factors. Since that was far too much baggage for the RP, everything was dropped, and nobody has had any complaints with it up until now (barring Snike's plea for effective weaponry vs high Def classes, which is a slightly different, yet related matter), so I'm not sure I understand the need for this sudden outbreak in whining.

Edit: There's no real need for cluttering up with unnecessary distinction. Why can't you just go, "Okay, every axe is an Iron Axe", and be happy with it. Steel/Silver/etc. just don't exist, unless you want to have something slightly unique for flavor purposes. (Realistically, let's not even bring up Silver weapons, and the fact that they'd actually be hilariously useless in any actual combat.)

Edited by Balcerzak

EDIT: Never mind I got it. It just bugs me that some people have steel weapons armed on them while others have Iron. And even if you accept the premise that all weapons excluding spears/javelins/handaxes/tomahawks are the same, the Crimson Weapons have no difference between the others either.

That's another thing, are all Spears Javelins or what? Alferis is armed with a Tomahawk. Does that mean that he's really using a handaxe?

Edited by Dark Sage

Yes but what if you have an Iron Axe fighter vs a Silver axe brigand?

One's weapon looks slightly shinier than the other's. Nothing more, nothing less.

What was the roll for Healing? Or was it a flat out +5?

I posted all of that useful information back in an infodump on page 2, I think. Feel free to review it whenever you like.

Once again. All differences in weapons, staves, etc. within the same class are completely meaningless. There is no distinction between Iron, Steel, Heal, Mend, etc.

They relative strengths only "make sense" within the FE games, where said strengths are offset by other weaknesses (high weapon weight to lower speed, accuracy penalties for axes, lower weapon durability, etc.)

If you want to implement differences between weapon types, you need to bring into play all of those factors. Since that was far too much baggage for the RP, everything was dropped, and nobody has had any complaints with it up until now (barring Snike's plea for effective weaponry vs high Def classes, which is a slightly different, yet related matter), so I'm not sure I understand the need for this sudden outbreak in whining.

Edit: There's no real need for cluttering up with unnecessary distinction. Why can't you just go, "Okay, every axe is an Iron Axe", and be happy with it. Steel/Silver/etc. just don't exist, unless you want to have something slightly unique for flavor purposes. (Realistically, let's not even bring up Silver weapons, and the fact that they'd actually be hilariously useless in any actual combat.)

Yeah, it would be like this:

*Hero throws shield up in air, leaps into air and slams Silver Sword into knight*

*Sword bends on impact with armor*

Hero: ;_;

Class busting weapons, are to prevent the weaker but faster classes from utterly failing. I know Def has been nerfed, but so have the speed classes.

Edited by Snike

Here's my idea for staves.

Tessa's Magic: 3

Charlotte's Magic: 4

Current Formula: 3 + 3/4*MAG

I think for the heal staff, it should be: 1/2*MAG(rounded up) + 3

For Mend: 1/2*MAG(again, up) + 5

For better staves, if we ever get them:

Recover: Heal all

Fortify: Heal formula to everyone

Barrier: 1/2*MAG + 1 to RES

I don't think status staves are important right now, or I think I remember seeing them elsewhere.

Edited by psychout50

I see no reason for Staves to have different stats unless weapons do. (Which as I've said before is a hilariously Bad IdeaTM.)

I can maybe see the potential argument for working up a Restore staff, or Status staves (most likely only after getting owned by a few from enemies ourselves), but at the moment, it seems pointless.

If you insist on this silly line of argument, I will simply lobby for making Charlotte's staff break twice as fast as Tessa's does, and that's a slippery slope nobody wants to slide down. Because nobody will ever break their weapon unless forced to, and there's currently no way to force them to break, nor any decent plot reason for it.

Seriously, just drop it.

Im against the idea of Chase using a dagger in combat if it has the same affect as a knife.

As for Bow Meelee, no. It wouldnt be realistic. They dont get countered. So Chase can attack at range and counter