The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

Oujay

The art style feels unique and fitting for the Zelda universe. The controls look slick and natural (despite the technical difficulties during the showing). From what I've heard about the story it seems different and fresh. I absolutely love it, can't wait to play this game.

Edited by General Archibald

It looks pretty awesome. I love the bomb-rolling aspect, don't ask me why, but I think it's a great idea. As opposed to throwing it all the time. Also, that new item that flies away and picks things up for you... wow! And I loved the way Link was able to pin the heart with his arrow. Cupid

The artwork looks amazing, I love the way it's sort of a blend between WW and TP. I hope the music is as good. I dunno how it'll go with Link constantly having to travel between the world in the sky and the... surface world? It's a nice idea though.

Anyway, I hope the game ends up being as good as the trailer makes it look!

The graphics look like utter shit. If they were going for a cartoony effect, they sure as hell fucked it all up. It looks like a bad mix of the two. The environments suffer, and the character models don't seem to look any more detailed or terrifically vibrant than in Twilight Princess...

But that's rather irrelevant. I'll wait for more on it, but it probably won't matter. I doubt the game will end up being bad.

I guarentee that the game will be screwed up by nintendo's casual mania. The half assed graphics already suggest it.

23t5lcj.jpg

That is totally the reason why they're improving on the enemy AI so that you have to actually think in which way to swing your sword and take you full hearts away when getting hit as it should be.

And there are still people who believe in the casual fallacy?

Edited by Ike-Mike

23t5lcj.jpg

That is totally the reason why they're improving on the enemy AI so that you have to actually think in which way to swing your sword and take you full hearts away when getting hit as it should be.

And there are still people who believe in the casual fallacy?

No, not "people". At least on this site. Just "person". specifically, just "sophius". Have you looked at the "quality" of his posts on the new remake board?

It looks pretty awesome. I love the bomb-rolling aspect, don't ask me why, but I think it's a great idea. As opposed to throwing it all the time. Also, that new item that flies away and picks things up for you... wow! And I loved the way Link was able to pin the heart with his arrow. Cupid

The artwork looks amazing, I love the way it's sort of a blend between WW and TP. I hope the music is as good. I dunno how it'll go with Link constantly having to travel between the world in the sky and the... surface world? It's a nice idea though.

Anyway, I hope the game ends up being as good as the trailer makes it look!

I am pretty sure that they said the music would be orchistrated, so it will probably be good.

No, not "people". At least on this site. Just "person". specifically, just "sophius". Have you looked at the "quality" of his posts on the new remake board?

I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's just ignorant or uneducated and not a troll.

Edited by Ike-Mike

I also love the graphics and art style. I hated WW because it was too kiddy but I also was not a fan of the TP because it just seemed like they were trying too hard to appeal to gritty, realistic, M rated FPS fans. Now I feel they have found a style that is an appropriate blend of fun and serious graphics that fits the aim of the game.

I liked the art style in TP, but that was a situational art shift I knew would end. Twilight = Bloom.

I love Skyward Sword for really getting into the controls. The art style is very nice too. Colors are vibrant, and there aren't many (or at all?) filters between the player and the action.

I'm really looking forward to this game even without a Wii.

Note to self: Get a Wii, 3DS, and job. Not in that order.

I guarentee that the game will be screwed up by nintendo's casual mania. The half assed graphics already suggest it.

I guarantee you a year from now the game will be out, and widely acclaimed as fun, and your opinion will still be bad.

The graphics look like utter shit. If they were going for a cartoony effect, they sure as hell fucked it all up. It looks like a bad mix of the two. The environments suffer, and the character models don't seem to look any more detailed or terrifically vibrant than in Twilight Princess...

But that's rather irrelevant. I'll wait for more on it, but it probably won't matter. I doubt the game will end up being bad.

They're supposed to be like that. I believe that in Eiji's interview, he said he wanted to keep the gameplay and environments in a "fantasy" environment and a "realistic" environment. Not too much of either one.

I am pretty sure that they said the music would be orchistrated, so it will probably be good.

I'd be shocked and pissed it if wasn't. :awesome:

I can't wait for this game and go against one of those armored knights :awesome:

:newyears: I didn't even think of that! That'll be epic! They were my favourite enemy in TP.

I would like to reinforce the awesomeness of the graphics. It really suits the Zelda games; it makes it seem real, but at the same time you can tell that it's not. The pictures I've seen so far are amazing; I have on as my desktop. :awesome:

They're supposed to be like that. I believe that in Eiji's interview, he said he wanted to keep the gameplay and environments in a "fantasy" environment and a "realistic" environment. Not too much of either one.

I still think it looks like shit. They could have made a more animated world as they seem to be trying without it looking as low-detail as possible.

I'm not going to lie, when I first saw the trailer, I thought it was a goddamn 3DS title.

Give me a litle credit there, I was having one of my chronic migraines that day.

Also, I'm just basing what I say off of TP and the movie industry. They both worked so hard with special gimmicks that there wasn't as much time for tt\he actual meat of the game/ they believe that such gimmicks are an okay substitue for the meat so they don't have to do as much work.

Edited by Sophius

Meh, I preferred TP graphics. This looks just a little too cartoony, without seeming like that's what they meant. WW could get away with cartoony graphics because that's obviously what they wanted.

One-to-one sword action is awesome, though. Well, as long as it doesn't have the problems that Wii Sports Resort did (having to recenter the sword/paddle/etc. after EVERY single hit/block/attack/etc.)

the game itself looks pretty ok in my opinion, but they have also done the worst thing in Zelda history, they made link right-handed! :o how's that for consistency?

Edited by Iced

I'm just basing what I say off of TP and the movie industry. They both worked so hard with special gimmicks that there wasn't as much time for tt\he actual meat of the game/ they believe that such gimmicks are an okay substitue for the meat so they don't have to do as much work.

I think the video game equivalent for those 'special gimmicks' would be the constant push for bigger and better 3D graffix.

the game itself looks pretty ok in my opinion, but they have also done the worst thing in Zelda history, they made link right-handed! :o how's that for consistency?

It's a lesser evil than putting trains into the series.