Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 10: Flying Supermodel Assault!

Snowy_One

As Viv's group flew in closer and closer, there was a unexpected member of the party hiding off behind the trees a good distance away. Large and round pouty eyes gazed out as a canine whine filled the air. The dog was watching. Already he had nuzzled Tessa to death, but was that all he needed to do? Would that be enough? Yes. That would do. Without so much as a second thought, the hound turned about to trot deeper into the woods towards the village. It was smiling, a wicked, evil, smile. Once it was far enough away, the dog stopped. Twin wings of draconic rot suddenly exploded out from its backside before the hound outright shattered, revealing it for what it was. Helenos.

There was no need for internal dialogue from the dragon. Though her minions were dead, it mattered little. They had been a overall weak attempt; not her true goal. She wanted them dead, destroyed, since she was no longer able to trust their loyalties. Instead, as she had fawned over and rubbed against the troubadour, she had enacted her own capture plan. A plan which she knew would work. The Crimson Weapons were as good as hers, or at least one was. Rather, instead, now there was a different threat.

One of them had met with the Goddess. That was cause for alarm. It had been years, decades, since anyone had held the will to even try for such contact. Only one being in the world besides herself and the Lord would have had the power to try such a feat, and her human nature had weakened her too much to make her want to try. For two decades now, the Goddess had been outside the conflict. If she returned though... it would be awful for Helenos. She had to find a way to stop Eric. Not only that, but she needed to replenish her minions as well with demons whom she had not let stagnate over the years. She needed something fresh.

As her wings spread, slowly taking the form of a dove, she milled through her list of active demons and monsters. She needed to move fast, that was certain.

OOC: Shorter than most OP's, but there isn't much to add here.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Back already," Kelas commented as she saw Lev come walking back, a new figure behind him. "Where's the lizard?"

Amari thundered past, head low, headed straight for the wyvern rider. "Amari dan!" Kelas shouted, and the mare skidded to a halt, inches before Lev, hate blazing in the mare's eyes. "What is it with your people and getting attacked by horses?" she asked Irina, running forward to grab her reins.

"Oh dear," the woman behind Lev said. "Perhaps she smells the wyvern?" Behind the dithering act, the demoness was calculating, or what passed as calculating for her: that one's red, that one's not, red, not...

"Who are you, now?" Kelas asked the woman. She certainly looked like the sort that a womanizer like Lev seemed to be would go for, all curves... but why would a mercenary bring his woman to the battlefield?

Arrin looked at the woman. Something seemed strange about her... he just couldn't tell what.

"You boor, not introducing," the woman said, elbowing Lev lightly. "Go on then." She walked over to where Eric and Danielle stood: not red, she could tell. "And then your friends can introduce. They look pretty nice."

Edit: Added bit starting at "She walked over"

Edited by The Clockwork Alchemist

"Obviously you weren't paying attention. He's Lev, one of Ivanko's Wyvern Lords, and Irina's best friend. No idea on the lady,though," Eric said, before turning to Charlotte, who was busy looking at herself in the mirror. "Any problems, milady?"

Edit: "OK! I'm Dani, and this is Eric!" Dani said. "Pleased to meet you."

Edited by Snike

"Whats an Ivanko? Is that edible? Maybe some sort of Halton dish". "......and Irina's best friend" Eric finished. "Oh they both ride Wyvern" Helios said triumphantly. "I get it" Helios said not really getting it.

Isotov Irina and Lev

Lev: Well these is quite the welcome back. I took care of those pegasus ladies for you, and now you're threatening me with horses ... fantastic ^_^

A bead of sweat ran down his face before he introduced his acquaintance.

Lev: These is Meaghan. She's a tactician we hired to help haul you people in, but since we're obviously not going go there. I thought I'd bring her back with me.

Iso: ... umm ... nice to meet you? What about the others?

Lev: They'll wake up soon enough, and Krinkov is still "playing" with the peggies so all is well enough.

Irina: <.< >.> Hi. I'm Irina! :sweatdrop:

Lev and Viveka (No point in using spoilers since the chapter is named after this XD )

The battle had raised to new heights as all four riders passed by each other at high speeds! Lev was still blocking most of their attacks, and the second knight was still nearly in tears over the hit she took!

Lev: You know I'm just luring you three away from them so they have time to escape right?

Knight1: That's why we're going to kill you!

Viveka: No don't! Just capture him. He's their friend! If we kill him, there's no negotiating with them.

Lev: Negotiating with alleged criminals? Outside your jurisdiction? No reinforcements? What are you up to, ladies?

Viveka: That's none of your business!

They quickly exchanged blows in a swift pass, but once again Lev was unharmed, Viveka avoided his attack entirely! the other two came around preparing to strike at him yet again!

"Calm down, Francis," Arrin pleaded the gelding, stroking the horse's neck. He looked around: all of the horses were on edge. "I think something's wrong with the horses," he said quietly. "Didn't you say that last time they acted like this, demons came? We should get out of here. You, too," he added to Lev.

Meaghan looked quizzically at Lev. Signal yet? she thought, watching for cues.

Helios thought for a second. "Demons huh". He looked at Lev suspiciously. I shouldnt let it bother me. Or should i? . As Helios closed his eyes he saw the same man from before flash before he opened it again.

Edited by Kai

Isotov Irina and Lev

Lev: Demons? You mean those little imp bastards that Ivanko's been trying to wipe out lately? Crap ... have they spread this far? How's that possible? He's been cleaving them by the cart loads :blink:

Heh, well either way, I'm not going anywhere. If there are demons, we can handle them together I think.

He noticed that Meaghan was getting a little impatient. And Irina was also standing so close by. He could already pick up her scent and it was starting to make him anxious.

Lev: (Just a little taste ... and then we striiike ... )

Iso: Uh ... so that's one vote for Esphyr.

Lev: What is this a democracy? :blink:

Lev and Viveka

The battle was at a stale mate! They couldn't inflict any decent damage on Lev, and Lev couldn't land a finishing blow on them! All four of them were starting to get annoyed.

Lev: Listen up! I don't want to fly around up here all day, so here's your choice, ladies. GIVE UP.

Viveka: Nice tough guy talk. We already know that you're fatigued. It's only a matter of time now, wyvern lord ... why don't you go home now? ^_^

Knight2: But apologize before you do! That really hurt you know!

Lev: ... (Tch, yeah I'm tired. We're exchanging blows instead of exchanging mailing addresses. This is weak. I need to get these ladies back on the ground as soon as possible.) ... maybe if you made me sorry I'd apologize eh? Heheh.

"A democracy is a theoretical form of government that doesn't work in reality, just like a republic. The only form of government that works are despotisms and monarchies. The only reason voting works here is because there is only a few of us. Anyways, unless Damian says otherwise, I think we should leave here."

"True. But I'm still under his employ." said Esphyr.

Like a true mercenary. Helpless without her master.

"It's called 'being professional' Katie. I don't contradict his wishes no matter what unless I choose to lose the job."

Isotov Irina and Lev

Lev: So Esphyr's an authoritarian eh?

Irina kept staring at Meaghan. She couldn't help it. Lev hiring a female tactician with these looks made perfect sense, but she was more emotionally concerned than anything else really.

Irina: Sooo ... umm you just hired Meaghan?

Lev: Hm?

Noticing that Irina had an uncertain look on her face, he saw his chance to move in on her a bit.

Lev: Aww what's wrong? You're not jealous are you?

Irina: J-jealous?! No! I was just wondering, that's all ... really ...

He quickly walked up to her and placed both of his hands on her shoulders, and held a sincere smile.

Lev: Ah don't you know by now that you'll always be my number #1? :D

A startled look appeared on her face! She quickly moved her head close to his ear so her voice wouldn't carry far enough to be made out clearly.

Irina: I thought we agreed that we weren't going to flirt around anymore? My uncle's still alive you know.

He began whispering into her ear as well.

Lev: So what? Love waits for no death. -_-

Irina: L-love?! 25232523.gif

Lev and Viveka

Viveka: Again! Triangle attack!

The three knights assaulted him using a triangle attack, but not a one of them could land a decent blow!

Lev: If you keep boring me ... I'm gonna knock all three of ya outta the sky <_<

Viveka: Come on ... what will work on this guy? >_<

As the wyvern lord flew away distracting the trio of pegasus riders, the group argued over what to do. "Considering how Damian and Morgan seem to lead this group, and the fact that we wouldn't even be traveling together if not for them, who else would we listen to?" Heinz queried. Looking over Katie's shoulder, Heinz tried to restrain himself outright hitting the dumb mage and teaching her a lesson.

"A true mercenary follows orders they are given and makes their own decisions otherwise," he said sharply. "Mercenaries are far from helpless, and a mute mage who can do nothing without her father's permission is simply a tool with no freedom at all." Bah, does she think being Harold's daughter makes her greater than all of us? She might be able to blow up a cart, but in a fight she is no less than dead weight, being unable to cast.

"I disagree with Esphyr on this point though, we outnumber these Elyisimian troops, and I doubt Halton will be pleased to hear that Elyisima is intruding on their territory. If we can negotiate with them now, perhaps we can get rid of our "Fire Bandit" status," he suggested. It probably also helps that that wyvern lord, Lev I think, seems to like Irina quite a bit. I don't need any other people trying to capture these Crimson Weapon wielders yet, that's my money for the taking.

"Ooh, and the plot thickens!," Dani said, catching part of the conversation between Lev and Irina. "Handsome, you should be more like Lev," she continued, walking over to Chase. "And not let opposition quench our love!"

OOC:Reaction test. :D

Charlotte turned around at Eric's query. "Oh, it's nothing milord." she said, putting the mirror away.

"Heinz makes a good point." said Morgan. "We should either negotiate or kill these pursuers, I see no point in running away here considering how badly we outnumber them. If it's that Viveka person from before she is quite the terrible tactician."

Edited by -Cynthia-

Isotov Irina and Lev

Iso turned to Heinz with fire in his eyes.

Iso: I'd appreciate it ... if you didn't insult my friend again.

Meanwhile Lev was ... Leving ....

Irina: That can't be true ... if it was love then you wouldn't be womanizing all of the time :(

Lev: I'm not very good at restraining myself I'll admit that, but these isn't about restraint, these is about desire. What other girl would put up with my crap?

Irina: ... <.< >.> Esphyr? :sweatdrop:

Lev and Viveka

Having gotten bored, Lev decided to down all three of the pegasus knights, one at a time! They all rushed him, and he parried the first! The second came at him only to be grabbed! Lev's hand brushed over her breastplate and wrapped around her neck just before he hauled her off of her pegasus!

Knight2: WHAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa-

She fell down into the trees followed by her pegasus who attempted to catch her! The first knight came back around for another pass alongside Viveka! Both of them lunged at the same time, but Lev knocked Viveka's lance away from him, and grabbed the other by the tip! He caused the first knight to pole vault off of her pegasus!

Knight1: AAAAAHHHH SON OF A biiiiii-

Viveka: Lucille! Jasmine! Argh! You bastard!

Lev: So it's just you and me eh?

He quickly flew down below the trees, and Viveka was right behind him!

OOC: Next post the mercs will most likely show up.

EDIT: Missed a these>this in Lev's lines.

Edited by Phoenix

"If you say so, milady," Eric said. Turning to the rest of the group, he said, "Yeah. I doubt it would be a good idea to keep the magic nation our enemy much longer."

"Yes. We'll need some way to clear our names if we're going to continue our quest in a shorter time frame. Speaking of which, I'm worried about the demons. The horses have been reacting very strongly like Kelas said, yet there are no demons in sight. Maybe we should take a look around."

Isotov Irina and Lev

Lev and Irina were still talking, but not far away, a group of mercenaries was moving to surround them.

Merc1: Okay ... here's the plan. Take out the tough looking ones first. The rest might just surrender if we do. Then we can haul the survivors back and claim that we captured them all. Who are they gonna believe a buncha whiny criminals, or us, good honest hard working mercenaries? :awesome:

Merc2: They'll probably agree with the crimina-

A swift fist smashed into the merc's head nearly knocking him out! Then the other merc got a good knocking of the same strength!

Travis: The only one fit to make plans around here is me. You boys follow my lead and don't forget to watch for flanking. Sheesh.

The men quickly began rushing toward the group as fast as they could! their running was kicking up a lot of noise! Lev looked up passed Irina's face at the approaching mercenaries.

Lev: We've ... got company ...

Irina: *gasp* :o

Iso: They're just people ... we can handle people -_-

Meaghan saw the men coming and waited to see if Lev would let her kill them herself. He lifted his left hand and gestured for her to wait. Blowing their cover now would have united a very large number of enemies against them. Best to let some of them kill each other, so that more would be killed by them by the end of it.

The mercenaries moved to surround the group and cut off their escape!

Travis: It's over fire bandits! Surrender and we'll take you alive!

Fighters x8

Class: Fighter

Stats: HP: 4 STR: 4 MAG: 0 SKL: 3 SPD: 1 LUK: 2 DEF: 3 RES: 0

Skills: Hawkeye

Simplified stats: HP: 12 Damage 4 Hit: 3 Evasion: 2 Defense: 4 Resistance: 0

Weapon: Iron Axe

Mercenaries x4

Class: Mercenary

Stats: HP: 4 STR: 3 MAG: 0 SKL: 5 SPD: 2 LUK: 0 DEF: 3 RES: 0

Skills: Adept

Simplified stats: HP: 12 Damage: 3 Hit: 5 Evasion: 2 Defense: 4 Resistance: 0

Weapon: Iron Blade

Travis the Hero

Class: ^Hero

HP: 5 Str: 6 Spd: 5 Lck:2 Def:4 Res: 3

Skills: Heroic Stand

Simp HP: 15 Atk: 6 Spd: 5 Hit: 6 Evd: 6 Def: 5 Res: 4

Weapon: Silver Sword

OOC: I don't know if there's an enemy phase but if there is these guys would be prioritizing the characters with the highest STRs and DEFs.

EDIT:

ALSO DON'T FORGET TO CALCULATE FOR SKILLS, WTD/WTA, ETC.

EDIT2:

ALSO2 The 3+1 DEF rule is in effect, so their defense stats are correct. I didn't notice that Cynthia had applied them to Travis so when Snike brought up the DEF being off I had to check. Low and behold. Also, Hero has Heroic Stand skill. Check sign up page for details.

Edited by Phoenix

The fire mage retorted Heinz's jab, challenging him with what seemed like a threat. So a fire mage's way of arguing with someone who disagrees with him is to threaten to set him on fire eh? How arrogant of him to believe that his magic makes him stronger than others. With an effort, Heinz shoved away the pictures of an inn burning on fire that threatened to overwhelm him, but he could not stop Markus's and Sophie's screams from echoing in his eyes again.

Heinz's eyes narrowed slightly. Control, patience and control is your friend here, damn his Crimson Weapon status ... "If your friend had not insulted my profession first, I would not have said anything to her. It is arrogant of her to assume that a mercenary is "Helpless without a master"" inclining his head slightly towards what Katie had written. "When she herself is under the control of Harold, one of the great Heroes yes, but well known for his love of women and desire for power among mercenaries, though I have never served under him myself."

Hearing the guide's suggestion, Heinz swept his eyes moodily over the newcomers. Lev, one of Ivanko's mercenaries, and his tactician, Meaghan was it?I suppose they could be demons in disguise, but we don't have a way of telling, do we?