Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 10: Flying Supermodel Assault!

Snowy_One

"... I'm a bit preocupied..." Chase muttered.

OOC: This part's Phoenix style! Wooh.

Conrad pondered the group's actions. They had defended the city, then escaped- an odd set of actions to take. He had little time to think about it, however, as a pegasus knight walked into the room.

Peg Kn: General Jackson! I bring a report about the fire bandits.

Conrad: About time... May I hear it?

Peg Kn: Of course. Lieutenant Colonel Gerard has hired a group of mercenaries to capture the criminals. A group serving under Ivanko of Halton, in fact. Captain Viveka heard the news and flew towards the area after them with two other pegasus knights. Viveka hasn't gotten back yet, but the others did, and they say she's still alive, only captured.

Conrad: ... Gerard is going to be in so much trouble when I'm through with him... Sergeant Floyd! Get Thunderbolt ready. I'm going to the camp myself.

One of the soldiers positioned near the side exit saluted him and went off to the stables, and a few minutes later brought back a black stallion, with an orange-bronze riding saddle on its back. Conrad took the beast outside, and mounted, looking into the distance.

Conrad: Let's go, Thunderbolt.

With that, the general rode out of the gates, set towards the Eliyisman border.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If we are just scouting to see where Dani was taken, doesn't it make sense to have a much smaller group?" Charlotte inquired. "I don't believe Sir Eric was planning on taking on too many mercenaries all by himself. I still won't let him go alone, but a larger group may attract more attention thn necessary."

Edited by -Cynthia-

"I was actually planning on breaking in, rescuing Dani, and getting out," Eric said. "Until everyone else decided to follow. Now, I really would like a scout, we figure out the enemy force. Hence the flier. This group is still large enough to be detected," he said to Helios.

"Yes, it does. However, I do not believe that going to rescue her would be against his wishes. If he wants me to stay by his side, all he has to do is give the command. Otherwise, I have permission to act as I see fit to accomplish his goal. This would be well inside that; I think." she said before leaning upon her sword towards him. "Besides, if I didn't go with you to save her, I would just stand around with little to do unless he... required... me. You sure you want that?"

"You have a point" Helios said glancing at her sword. He turned to Eric. "There are going to reinforcements. And if you get cornered who will save you. Not to mention if you fall, who will save Pr- i mean Lady Charolette"?

"...I've told you, I have no intention on dying. As for the reinforcements, I'd guess it would be the same strength as earlier. The axe wielders are no problem," Eric said, gesturing to his weapon. "And, now that I've had some practice, neither will the sword wielders. Again, come if you wish."

Tessa was unsure how she felt about the situation. One the one hand, Eric was a nice man, and a companion by chance. But he'd also departed on various occasions to tend to his own business, and if he felt this was a private matter, that should be respected. She barely knew the new girl, so couldn't really form an opinion there, aside from general favorability. She liked Dani, and hope she remained unhurt.

But on the other hand, Sis was always saying how delays were bad, and how people needed to retain their proper focus to the task at hand. Which was all well and good until Esphyr volunteered to tag along. She was one of the 'vital members'.

"Excuse me. Perhaps this isn't my place to say, Esphyr, but is it really wise for us to be splitting up the Crimson Weapon wielders?"

Edited by Balcerzak

"... I said, if you needed help, tell me," Eric said, turning back to pick up Viveka. Slinging her over his shoulder, he said nothing, even though he too was injured. "Do you want me to put her somewhere?"

"Just set her on the ground or something." said Morgan.

"Tessa is right, I disapprove of sending any Crimson Weapon wielders on this mission. The rest of you can do what you will, thoughb Tessa should remain here to tend to the wounded."

"Who says we're splitting up for all that long anyways?" asked Esphyr. "We find this guy who carried off Dani, kill him, get Dani back, and get back before dinner; no? Do you suspect a trap Tessa?"

"... I meant more of the injury part, though... Seriously, I'm still bleeding... the cuts from yesterday reopened..." Chase moaned. "Just... lean her against a tree."

"I suppose I'll stay here with the others. But if you're going to get into a fight, maybe I should tag along. I'm just scratched up a bit. The rest of you are falling apart at the seems."

Cess looked at the women tied to the tree. She was still out cold, but her pegasi had knelt down on the ground beside her, nuzzling her face. It tried fanning her with it's wings.

Noticing the bandit was complaining about some injures, she screwed herself up and went to take care of them. While she was healing the man, Esphyr replied to her, asking if she suspected a trap.

A bit surprised, she replied, "Trap? No, I didn't really think so far in advance, and I'm honestly probably not any good at tactics. Something, just felt... wrong I guess?"

Shrugging and struggling for a better explanation, she eventually gave up, and looked to Morgan, who had agreed with her.

"Wrong? What did you... Cess? Can you make a prediction about this?" asked Esphyr. A sudden alertness had overcome the mercenary. If someone in tune with the goddess felt that something was wrong, it was best to at least give it a valid consideration after all.

"Thanks Tessa. That helped a lot."

"Look. If it is a trap, then it's a trap and if we're not back by nightfall, you can go come for us. It probably is by Travis though. So let's take extra precautions. Although a prediction would help us out."

Edited by Dark Sage

OOC: Psych, uh, she isn't tied to the tree.

"Very well," Eric said, laying the girl down. "Heh, I fight better when I'm about to die," he said to Cess. "Not sure about the rest, though."

"They appeared to be mercenaries sent to capture all of us. Their goal was not to capture some thunder mage who was not even involved. Therefore, she is bait which makes it seem like a trap to me." Morgan guessed.

"Eric was right. This is his problem, let him solve it on his own. I do not think losing any Crimson Weapons over this would be prudent."

"You're underestimating my resolve. Had that not happened, I would easily have wiped the floor with those sellswords. I never thought I would say this, but I agree with the shamaness. Let me go. I will be fine, don't worry."

Edited by Snike