Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 10: Flying Supermodel Assault!

Snowy_One

With the warning from Esphyr in mind,and clearly not wishing to be attacked by the mercenary later,Damian took Helen's and gently and pressed his lips to it.

Holding the contact for about five seconds,Damian released her,and moved his arm back,lowering his head in a semi-bow.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Good to see that you two have kissed and made up." said Anne, approaching the two from behind. "Now, if you don't mind, we would like to be on our way to the nearest TISME branch, unless there's something you need us for?"

"No Anne." said Helen before anyone could say anything. "I won't help them. No matter what. Let's go." she said, signaling to the other two. A moment later, they were gone.

"I swear that Anne is a dead ringer for the TISME headmaster." said Esphyr in a low voice that only Damian and possibly Aiya could hear.

Once the trio had gone,and were out of sight,and earshot,Damian spat on the ground.

"Gah!What a frigid bitch.She's lucky I didn't rip her goddamn throat out for suggesting something like that." Damian said,scowling. As he released the tension on his body,the blood that had been drawn from his palms began to flow more rapidly,dripping onto the ground.He himself did not notice it,but Esphyr did.

"Am I?" Damian said,surprised.As he lifted his hand at Esphyr's request,it seemed it was true.

On each hand,four distinct puncture marks from his fingernails digging into his palms,the nails themselves still holding traces of flesh and blood.

"I was clenching my fists when she went on her ridiculous tangent,I must have been squeezing without realizing it."

OOC: Fine, I'll retcon for Phoenix. This seems like a better opportunity anyway. :awesome:

Pary:

Pary had finished shopping at the market, and was returning to the inn. Three travelers were in a cart, and three more on the ground. One seemed to be bleeding, and Pary walked over to him. He touched his staff to the strangers arm, the blood flow stopping. "Be more careful next time."

"Oh god Helios muttered to himself. Im going to leave you two together while i get an update on what we have to do" He said without acknowledging Aiya's presence. While he headed in the opposite direction he thought to himself "What a cute couple". He headed to where Morgan was. "General Conrad was supposed to arrive here. Will we wait for him or press on"?

A thin blush came to Esphyr's face as Damian spoke. That woman asking Damian to kill her had ticked him off that much? She felt flattered. "Aiya, can I have some cloth, please?" she asked before bending in close. "In TISME, I learned some basic first aid, both with and without the staff." she whispered into his ear. Then, she took his bleeding hand and lightly slid her own fingers across, wiping away his blood and doing her best to clean the wounds before Tessa noticed and tried to heal it with her... gifts.

"Well we do seem to have attracted some unwanted attention here, but leaving would mean that he won't know here we are." Morgan said, putting her hand on her chin as she responded to Helios.

Morgan went back inside the inn and saw Viveka. "Your job is to get General Jackson in contact with us, that is why we have kept you around instead of letting Lev have you as a prize. Get to it."

"Meh, him? He's pretty important in Eliyisma. And he has the Crimson Axe... he's the guy that was around the gate last night, actually." Chase interrupted.

"He wasn't being uncareful. He... He wounded himself because a dragon bitch told him to kill me out of a sense of vengeance." said Esphyr as she lifted up Damian's hand to her chest. "You didn't have to do that. You could have just said 'no'."

"Who's he going to be treating with, anyway? Damian?" Kelas wanted to know: she was not keen on speaking with any sort of authority figure.

She was distracted by something else before any answer came: "What the hell?" Instead of being cleanly untied, the rope that had tied Amari to Susann was still attached to the mare's headstall: it had been roughly severed. It didn't seem like the sort of work Viveka would do, and Kelas had assumed that the knight had dealt with her pegasus. If someone had been messing with the horses... "Check your tack and horseshoes, if you got 'em," she quietly warned the others with mounts. "Someone's been messing around here. Finding out who can wait until after we're done with Conrad, but checking equipment can't."

Arrin nodded, troubled, and checked over the straps of Francis' saddle and bridle. With a little more difficulty he picked up the gelding's feet to check his shoes. "Francis is fine," he reported to Kelas. "Who do you think--" Something occurred to him. "This actually hasn't got to do with anything, but I think we're still missing people. Where are Heinz and Reika?"

OOC: First paragraph was too long. I was OCD and had to add a line break.

Edited by The Clockwork Alchemist

Pary:

"Dragon? You've got to be kidding me. There's no such thing as a person who can transform into a dragon. Maybe I should take a look at your head as well. For a wound like that, it'd be almost useless to simply wrap it in a cloth. Infection could set it, and then who knows what."

--------------

Cess:

"Does anyone know where he went?" He turned to Viveka. "Isn't he your commanding officer? You'd have to know where he's headed."

"... He's here, in town, genius. He was waiting for Viveka to report. Apparently she hasn't..." Chase said to Cess.

Edited by Lightning

Esphyr bit her tongue as Pary suggested that it was an infected wound. "He dug into his own hand you know. I don't think it will be infected. Still, you're the man with the staff. What you say goes."

Irina

While at the market, Irina had taken the money given to her by Kelas and purchased ten chickens. She made the extra purchases realizing that in that country, she could afford far more. She had to spend the rest on chicken feed or the birds would starve to death before Kiev could get around to them. She carried three of them herself, the other seven were tied down on Kiev's saddle with spare rope. Each chicken had its own cage.

Irina: Quite a haul, huh? Hopefully no one minds all the squawking.

Viveka

Viveka: Oi!! Would you people get off my back?! I had no idea General Jackson was in Alburny until you started pestering me. ... *sigh* should I start checking inns or do you actually know where he's staying?

Reika glared at them man for a few seconds before replying, "Uh huh, money and adventure, money from who? Actually nevermind, probably the don't know who you'd be referring to even if you did miraculously decide to share." she looked around, her expression changing from curiosity to boredom.

"I'm not running away because I'm getting paid to spy on this group, and to assassinate any of you that turn out to be an obstacle or hindrance to me tailing the group. Don't really believe that this little group of vagabonds will be able to do anything short of committing more crimes, but I'm a wanted criminal in the big three nations anyway, mind you not as well known as your friends here.

Lifting Calamity up she quickly dismissed it and shrugged her shoulders, "If you're working with this group then consider this a warning I suppose, after all, I was going to knife you if you hadn't noticed me. If you're not loyal to these dogs, then don't get in my way and I won't get in yours.... maybe"

She turned to leave, but paused mid stride and turned around. "Oh right, don't know what man you were talking about, I only saw you coming back from the slums, didn't actually see you talking to any man, though I guess he's your employer, Good luck with whatever you're doing" she said carelessly waving her hand at the man. She'd figured if she had been employed to spy on the group, other spies would likely exist. Heinz was probably such a case. She headed back to the inn, now bored, without anything to do.