THEY make a return.

The first thing to happen will be that the "non-canon" characters will be canon from now. :P

The only one where people are concerned about the return is Frey, since he's pretty much the canonical sacrifice of FESD's prologue.

If only Jeigan sacrificed himself, and Melledus/Malodof remained your tactician. :(

But Jeigan is such an epic tactician. He's certainly a better tactician than fighter.

Cool. I liked Athena. Hopefully I can get her without sacrificing half of my units.

The first thing to happen will be that the "non-canon" characters will be canon from now. :P

The only one where people are concerned about the return is Frey, since he's pretty much the canonical sacrifice of FESD's prologue.

Note that anyone who dies normally in the prolouge may be brought back via that staff, while the sacrifice can't. He's just captured.

Are you absolutely sure about that?

This is...the wrong prince? No! You dare make a fool of me? Kill him!

Make this faux prince SUFFER!

I doubt he'd let them live if they were that angry. I always thought the sacrifice not being revivable was a programming error.

The addition of the casual mode makes me believe that this game won't require blood sacrifices for those extra characters, since that would mean they wouldn't be available for casuals, but who knows.

Are you absolutely sure about that?

I doubt he'd let them live if they were that angry. I always thought the sacrifice not being revivable was a programming error.

Oh yes, the sacrifice was totally dead. Dead like the Black Knight in Path.

wait...

If IS wants Frey to make it, he didn't die at the sacrifice.

Since the new game has new gaidens, they'll probably just put the new dudes in them. It makes them seem disconnected, but it's better than nothin.

I felt most of the new Shadow Dragon characters were kind of a disappointment. Excluding Nagi, None of them had really interesting personalties, histories, or backstories.

So they were like the other 95% of the cast.

Oh yes, the sacrifice was totally dead. Dead like the Black Knight in Path.

wait...

If IS wants Frey to make it, he didn't die at the sacrifice.

Frey survives and, brainwashed, comes back to take revenge on the prince who abandoned him to an army of higher-leveled armor knights with silver lances.

Best end.

So they were like the other 95% of the cast.

Actually many of characters did have interesting backstories and personalities but alot of it wasn't explored in the first game, in the Satellaview games, or worse only in the developers notes.

Who'd really know that Castor was a con artist and his sister died as a prostitute, or that Wolf was an ex-slave?

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Actually many of characters did have interesting backstories and personalities but alot of it wasn't explored in the first game, in the Satellaview games, or worse only in the developers notes.

Who'd really know that Castor was a con artist and his sister died as a prostitute, or that Wolf was an ex-slave?

Where can I find this?

I think the game does say that Wolf and his partners were all slaves, but it only gets one passing mention before you fight them.

I think the game does say that Wolf and his partners were all slaves, but it only gets one passing mention before you fight them.

Yes, that's true. Vyland mentions something about Hardin saving "us plains people" from slavery.

There's another designer page in untranslated japanese, don't know if its still here but it mentioned Hardin's unnamed brother was sick

I have my old babelfish transcipt

"Because as for that settling finally the alone hero appeared in the royal family is.

He helping older brother king who is sickly reforms national system.

The people of the mounted police are released from slave status, furthermore the young people of king family are received in horseman group of the self and position as a lord is given, disabled nobility is banished.

Nobility obtaining the boost of [akaneia], rebellion is planned, the military force of Crown Prince young king where, but the mounted police tribe was attended in the subordinate individual being defeated they reach, it could not meet civil war and concluded.

That young person who was called the wolf of the grassy plain… name is called [hadein]."

Edited by Emperor Hardin

So looking at Castor's story, I don't understand why they bothered calling him a swindler. He tells Sheeda he needs money for his mother, when he's actually... supporting his siblings. Why not just tell her that?

So looking at Castor's story, I don't understand why they bothered calling him a swindler. He tells Sheeda he needs money for his mother, when he's actually... supporting his siblings. Why not just tell her that?

What better way to look sympathetic than by confessing and then giving another reason as to why, just enough to make it not sound like more bullshit?

There's another designer page in untranslated japanese, don't know if its still here but it mentioned Hardin's unnamed brother was sick

I have my old babelfish transcipt

"Because as for that settling finally the alone hero appeared in the royal family is.

He helping older brother king who is sickly reforms national system.

The people of the mounted police are released from slave status, furthermore the young people of king family are received in horseman group of the self and position as a lord is given, disabled nobility is banished.

Nobility obtaining the boost of [akaneia], rebellion is planned, the military force of Crown Prince young king where, but the mounted police tribe was attended in the subordinate individual being defeated they reach, it could not meet civil war and concluded.

That young person who was called the wolf of the grassy plain… name is called [hadein]."

Do you have the original text (including the speaker's name)? I'd like to give a shot at translating that.