Lord of Azure Flame Chapter 11: 恐ろしいインターネット翻訳!

Snowy_One

"Well,I would like you to be available for general combat and recon,pretty much the stuff you've been doing until now,but with the potential to do other things depending on the situation..." Damian replied to her inquiry of what she would be doing.

"Hmm...well,I've seen you fight on Kiev,and I know you get along with the group pretty well...I have a price in mind,but I was wondering if I could test your skills on foot?" Damian asked.

'As good as she is on Kiev,I've seen too many wyvern riders perish because they couldn't make the cut without their mount.If that's the case,I'll have to keep it in consideration.'

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conrad

Conrad had figured out that the source of the noise was indeed the group, but decided to make a quick stop at the armory first. "I'm going to need something a bit less radical to use..." he grumbled to himself, and arrived to see Viveka in the armory. "Oh, hello, Captain Viveka. You're here too? Nice spear... looks pretty genuine..." he remarked, then picked it up, "... but I can't say the same about the weight."

Edited by Lightning

Isotov and Levski

Both Iso and Lev looked up when Irina drew her lance. Was she about to duel Damian?

Lev: Oi ... I hope he's not going for a discount. Just remember what I taught you about disarming lance wielders. And dammit don't forget to flank. You've got some good legs, woman, now use'em)

Iso: What's she doing?

Irina

Irina: Well I can manage on foot, but my strikes do hit the hardest when I'm on Kiev. Alright, let's go (In the air I hit harder ... on the ground I've always got my disarming tricks and flanking tricks ... let's just hope I can land a good hit.)

She readied her lance and quickly took a battle stance.

Viveka

Viveka: *gasp* General Jackson! You're here!

VivekaandConrad.png

The smither cringed ... Jackson may have spotted one of his fakes. Not only that, but he was a general? A general covered in armor that none of his shop's fakes could so much as scratch? It was another bad day for scamming it seemed.

Viveka: Wait ... the weight is off?

She shot the smither an annoyed look, then petted Susann on the head acknowledging the pegasus' good instincts.

OOC:

And.

Here.

We.

Go.

"Alright Irina.No death blows,no dirty shots,melee is fine.Winner is the first to get a surrender,or a hit that could kill under normal conditions.Aiya,go get Lev,you two will judge,alright?" Damian said,readying his Silver Lance in a defensive position as Aiya called out to Lev.

"Hey Lev,we are doing a foot-combat test,can you help me ref?" She said to the Wyvern Lord,waiting for him to reply.

Isotov Irina and Levski

Iso: Looks like a sparing match.

Aiya: Hey Lev,we are doing a foot-combat test,can you help me ref?

Lev: Hm? Sure. Krinkov, you stay put.

The wyvern snorted and then started looking around for anything out of place. Lev walked over as Irina began her typical and speedy examination!

Irina: Advantages; he's got a slightly heavier weapon than I do, and he doesn't know which side I prefer to flank. Disadvantages; he's taller than me ... as usual :sob: , he's used to fighting on foot, and he's stronger than I am. My only chance is to score a decisive blow. ... ... let's try theeee outside approach.)

Once Lev and Aiya were ready and standing by, Irina looked back over.

Lev: Don't mind me ^_^

Pary watched as the fight was starting. This could be interesting. Mounted soldiers typically had tougher times learning to fight mulitple styles, and a horse was difficult enough.

"I suppose I should stick around, unless you want them to have a spear through the chest."

Support building time. Fuck. I wonder how Morgan is in such hurry to kill the demon king and doesnt object to support building. I wonder if she even knows that Chase is trying to bag her. Maybe i should have Helios tell her that. Well it will better then some of the relationships we had so far. Wonder when Aiya will smack the crap out of Damian. Her reason to stay in this group was Damian and now Damian doesnt care about her. Oi Ether make Aiya have some sort of reaction. Let me rephrase that, women dont like it when you cheat on them! Back to RP. Helios was dead tired. "Dumb Arrin He muttered as he glared at him. Then he caught something in the corner of his eye. "Hey your new Helios said to the priest. Whats your business with this group"?

As the two referees took their place,Damian looked his opponent over.

'She looks to be a bit weaker than me physically,and she's shorter...she'll likely try to outmaneuver me...lucky for me I'm a lot quicker than anyone ever suspects.'

"And...go!" Aiya yelled,signaling the start of the match.

Damian rushed forward toward Irina,moving more slowly than usual to make her believe she had a massive speed advantage.

'Striking distance in three,two,one...now!'

The obvious sweep of the lance was quickly replaced with a dive,and with a quick kick,Damian felt contact with Irina's ankle.The girl stumbled slightly,but Damian had been unable to sweep her onto the ground as he had hoped,still,he quickly positioned himself,now behind her,and thrust the Silver Lance towards her stomach!

Isotov Irina and Levski

Irina: (Urgh! No time to dodge!) Urgh!

With a quick swing, the pole of Irina's lance slammed into Damian's(Damian's pole XD ) silver lance! The impact resonated throughout both lances, but the block kept the spearhead from touching her stomach! She quickly leaped back repositioning her lance for another strike!

Irina: (We're almost matched for speed so my only chance now is to get a successful flank in! Come on, this is your area of expertise! Don't mess up right in front of Lev! >_< )

Lev: (That was pretty fast.)

She quickly noticed that Damian's leg was unarmored. Suffice to say she'd noticed before, but striking a leg was hardly a winning blow, or she'd have lost already. She was now focusing on a way to use that unarmored area to get in the shot she needed!

Irina: (Alright! I'm ready! It's his right leg, but if I take him from the left, I can nail it in a sweep of my own.)

Without any warning she charged forward, but she kept from attacking as she closed in!

"Well damn...it's so much easier when you can penetrate them from behind...less resistance,usually a deeper penetration,and it gives soo~ much control over the the whole ordeal." Damian said playfully as Irina blocked his thrust.

As the girl leapt backward and repositioned herself,Damian watched her eyes,and saw they lingered on his right leg.

'Figures it wouldn't take her long to notice that...guess I'll just have to use it to my advantage.'

And then she rushed him.

'She's not attacking...she'll probably try to flank me,which means my best course of action is...'

Damian quickly lunged as Irina advanced,pushing both lances to Damian's left side.Keeping the pressure to stop her from pulling back,he released the lance with his right hand,and swung his fist to jab her in the stomach!

OOC: @ Ether I lol'd

Isotov Irina and Levski

Seeing Damian's fist closing in, Irina quickly let go of her lance! There wasn't anything she could do with it anyway with Damian's attack about to land! She with both of her hands free, and her lance falling, she threw both of her legs forward and over his arm as she leaped into the air! She quickly grabbed his fist with both hands, twisted her body, and the the both of them fell to the ground as she rolled downwards insuring both of them landed on their backs!

Irina: (If I can just keep his arm pinned, he'll have to give up sooner or later! >_< )

Lev: Hot damn! :o

Iso: Whoa!

OOC: For reference: How it sort of looks now

There's also this video though what she did was slightly different in execution.

It's the first throw of the third fight. 0:57 IIRC

Damian hadn't been expecting her to do that.

As his arm was caught in her hold,he tried to think of a way out.

'I still have an arm to work with,this is not impossible to get out of...got it.'

Using his legs to gain some leverage,Damian grabbed her leg with his free hand and violently jerked his entire body to the side.

Irina let out a surprised yelp as she was flipped over him,gravity doing the rest of the work and bashing her,stomach down,against the ground.

Damian grimaced.Breaking the hold had caused his Left shoulder to dislocate,quickly popping it back into place,and looking at Irina,who was about to push herself back up.

With a hit to the legs to imbalance her,Damian's left arm wrapped around Irina's throat as he began to apply pressure,quickly using his right hand to restrain both of her wrists.

He began steadily tightening his hold on her throat,while asking; "Do you give?"

Isotov Irina and Levski

Surprisingly, Damian had injured himself to get out of the grip! Once again, her light weight had and small size had given her a bit of a disadvantage! Even though it was only a sparring match, Iso felt compelled to help his sister, but he knew Lev would just stop him. He clinched his fists tightly hoping the duel would end before his brotherly instincts kicked in.

Lev: Urgh ... twenty seconds ... tops ... -_-

She could have freed at least one of her hands if she had enough time, but no longer able to breath, she only had moments to come up with some kind of plan! The lack of air was making it too difficult to think though, and she decided to surrender.

Irina: Aug- Alright, I give! I give! >_< (Urgh! So freaking close! :sob: )

Viveka

Walking up to the smither, she gave him the look an interrogator does to a prisoner. It suddenly occurred to her that the man had mentioned a wyvern lord. The wyvern lord had damaged his shop according to him. It only took her a second to realize why.

Viveka: You're a fraud aren't you? You can certainly give weapons the look of quality, but you couldn't fool that wyvern lord could you?

Smither: Nonsense! I'm perfectly legitimate! My stuff's the best in town!

Viveka: Then the best is cheap and ineffective. Simple. I suggest you close down your shop permanently before someone with no qualms about killing you makes a purchase. General? Should we head back to the inn now? I'd like to discuss some things on the way.

As Irina said the words 'I give!',Damian released his grip and allowed Irina full breath again.

"You're pretty good.It's been a long time since I got a fight like that out of a mounted fighter." Damian said,offering Irina his right hand to help her up off the ground.

"How does Twenty-Five a week sound for now?" Damian asked her regarding her pay.

OOC: Cha-chiiiing!!

Isotov Irina and Levski

Lev: (Twenty-five's not bad. That's enough for feeding Kiev, buying anything she might need, and handling contributions -_- )

Irina: That sounds fantastic! Thank you so much, Damian!

She quickly remember her earlier purchases all of a sudden. Looking over to the wyverns, she saw the ten chickens in their cages ... a lot quieter than they were before now that Krinkov was staring them down. The wyvern hated noise and those chickens were going to die a lot sooner than they had to if they didn't pipe down.

Irina: Hmm ... probably should've just bought a few, but hey, I didn't know I'd be getting any reliable income til now so live and learn I guess ^_^

Krinkov knelt down placing his head close to one of the cages. His eye met the chicken's and it flinched while flattening itself to the opposite end of the cage! Krinkov kept staring. To him they were just really loud appetizers. He preferred larger animals.

"Then you can consider yourself hired." Damian said,shaking Irina's hand to seal the deal.

"See,I told you that Damian'd give you a much better price,hehe~" Aiya said,sneaking up behind Irina and lightly tackling her from behind,opting to drape her arms around Irina's shoulders as she leaned on the shorter girl.

Digging into his traveling bag,Damian fished out a coin-purse,and retrieved twenty-five gold Haltonian coins from it.Placing them into a smaller pouch,he tossed her first week's pay to Irina.

"Don't spend it all in one place,now." He said to her jokingly.

Isotov Irina and Levski

Iso: (So he just tossed her some money, and now she's going to work for him? Maybe that's why she likes being a mercenary.)

Iso's muscles slowly relaxed now that the danger had passed. Lev gave mild yet approving series of claps as he came closer. Seeing Aiya and Irina in one of those funny girl hugs almost made him chuckle.

Lev: Nice job, Irina. Your first Halton job in over year if I recall correctly.

Irina: It's not just a job. These are my friends too ^_^

Lev: ... noted. So now we're just waiting for the kicking kitty and her axe dropping sugar daddy, huh? Oh damn! That reminds me. She's still my hostage. I'll have to have a long discussion with the general about these.

Irina: o_O'

"Wow Irina, twenty five gold a week? You got lucky. My usual job is roughly two gold a week, though I can often drive it higher." said Esphyr. "I currently get two gold and fifty silver for this job, so you really lucked out."

"You should be careful,Lev.Esphyr might still try to take your manhood away if you speak too openly." Aiya teased,still holding Irina loosely.

"Goddamn..." Damian said,scowling.It seems his shoulder had not been placated by the quick pop,and was leaving pulses of pain through his arm.

"Hey Esphyr,do you know anything about dislocated shoulders?" Damian asked,before she made her comment about her pay.

"Don't go around telling her she's lucky,Esphyr.I offered to pay you quite a bit more than what you're getting,but you said you didn't want any more."

Edited by Ether

"I can pop one back in with one hand, but I lack the knowledge of staff healing to take care of any internal damage." replied Esphyr. "I'll pay for it though seeing as that's my cuddling arm. I think it's yours as well Irina? As for assf-I mean Lev. Just have him release her before she ends up carting around little baby Lev inside her like a... a..." she stopped and gave a small shudder at the thought of the small bloodsucker she sought to compare Lev's child to.

"I might as well fix that." Pary stood up, and walked over to Damian. He touched his staff to the man's shoulder, and the orb faintly glowed.

"You'll still want to be careful about it, it could pop out of place again." He turned to Irina. "Do you have any wounds I should know about?"

"Well,just do what you can.I'll pay if I need anything internal fixed,it's not something you need to worry about." Damian replied to Esphyr's comment about paying for the damages.

"I'm fine with the payments as they are Damian. If I wanted more, I would have asked. Sides, considering the adventure and what you've promised... I think I am being paid too much. If only I didn't have family to support, I would have forgotten all about the money." she replied before turning to Pary. "And just who are you exactly to go around healing so willy-nilly?"

"Does that matter? He was in pain. Of course, if you're offering, I'd be more that happy to be payed for my services. That'll be 200 gold for healing this man's wounds, and 50 for curing your friend of her curse."

Edited by psychout50