Lord of Azure Flame Chapter 11: 恐ろしいインターネット翻訳!

Snowy_One

"Sure I can't. But I can bring it up with the local authorities that I was being scammed when looking for a backup weapon." Conrad replied.

Edited by Lightning

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing commotion from the Smith that had tried to cheat her earlier,Aiya got up off of Irina and ran over.Coming up to the door,it was obvious that the man had been caught once again.

The door burst open in front of her,and as the three occupants of the shop looked towards the door in surprise,she began to speak angrily.

"I find you out for trying to scam your customers with fake-alloy weaponry,decide to be nice and give you a goddamn grace period,and I find you scamming again the very next fucking day?" She was livid at this man,who she had hoped might clean up his act,but to no avail.

"I'm glad you managed to find him out...Viveka?" Aiya stopped,as she realized that the customers he had been scamming were Viveka,and at her side,the man they had been looking to meet for some time,General Conrad Jackson.

"We've been looking for you,this is where you've been,dealing with this creep?" Aiya asked,before pulling a form from her bag.

"Consider yourself shut down.Now sign here." Aiya said,looking at the man coldly,and thrusting the document that would mean the end of his business into his hands.

Isotov Irina and Lev

Iso looked around not moving from where he was. He quickly noticed that Lev was now talking with Morgan. Maybe it was just his opinion, but that was pretty much pointless to him. Even though she only tended to insult him, Lev's ulterior motives seemed like they'd be wasted on her. Once again though, this was his opinion, and he didn't hear what they were talking about from that distance.

Lev: No he didn't pay me or anything. Last time Ivan and I got dragged back by our ears when Ivanko decided to head home. Truth be told, I kind of miss Irina, and I still haven't straightened Iso out yet. Once handle that, I'll probably get our of your laps. If I stay around too long, you guys might not get any better at fighting.

Viveka

Smither: No no don't! What do you want from me?!

Viveka: He said you could go legit :/

Smither: I-if I do that, will you keep quiet about this?

Suddenly Aiya Burst through the door! She gave the man a long verbal assault, and then handed him documents to sign!

Smither: No-no-no! Wait! Please! Please?! I'll stop conning people I swear!

Viveka: Aiya? You're with the fire bandits-I mean the group we're supposed to meet.

Smither: P-please? ;_;

OOC: Get out of your laps pun was fully intended :awesome:

Edited by Phoenix

OOC: Viveka only knows Aiya from the group,doesn't she?

"I gave you the chance to know what was up and clean up your act yesterday,and today I find you pushing another piece of shit weapon in people's faces!" Aiya yelled at the pathetic man,grabbing the "High-Quality War Spear" and shattering the head against the wall with a single strike.

"I gave you the chance to clean up,and you didn't to it,now sign over the damn shop or I'll have to arrest you." Aiya said,brandishing the steel cuffs and glaring at the man.

OOC: Viveka definitely knows Damian too, as well as Lev, Iso, and Irina. She also knows Morgan, Chase, and Derek. I think that's everyone she knows by name. She was mentioning them as "fire bandits" to clue Conrad in on precisely who they were.

Viveka

Smither: B-but this shop is my life's blood! If I'd known you were Halton authorities I'd have never continued! I was pressing my, luck and I'm sorry! Please don't do this to me!

Viveka: *sigh* and to think I almost bought that spear. I'd better get some lessons from that wyvern lord before he lea- :blink: ... no ... never would I ask him for anything. No way.

OOC: I meant it was odd because she didn't know Aiya from anywhere else.But it makes sense now.

"This crest means nothing to you,does it?It's the same one I showed you yesterday when I told you to clean your act up." Aiya said,showing him the Halton Lieutenant's Crest once again.

"Ignorance is no excuse,and only offering to change because you were called out by an officer shows just how much of a scumbag you are,because it means you would handwave a regular customer!" Aiya was pissed off now,and the creaking of the steel in her gauntlet alerted her of it.Upon hearing the sound,the shopkeeper looked like he might faint.

"I'm done playing around.If you don't sign the document,or thoroughly convince me I should let your cheating ass keep his shop in the next two minutes or so,I'm going to arrest you.A suck up like you won't last a week in prison,I can guarantee it."

"Aiya. Why give him the chance to scam prison mates? I suggest we tie him up out in a certain swamp." added Esphyr. Weapons were the life blood of any mercenary. A well-made weapon would serve its owner for many years and could prove to be a better reward than any gold. Likewise, a poorly made weapon was a death sentence to any merc who used it. For a man to be scamming was a horrid crime to Esphyr. A VERY horrid crime.

Eric

"Milady, do not worry about it. I would guess that we are to head to the Haltonian capital, or back to Elysimia to settle the mess the groups has managed to get into. Once there, we can request an audience with the emperor or the king. After that, milady, we may very well begin the restoration of Jerdon," Eric said gently. "So, living this life forever is not a concern. Is that an acceptable course of action?"

Derek

Having failed at finding Morgan, Derek was on his way back to the inn when he heard a commotion coming from the weapon shop. Stepping in, he overheard that the weaponsmith was producing weak weapons. One of the Haltonian soldiers threatened the man with jail time unless he closed the shop, and the smith was trying to talk his way out of it.

"Now hold on," Derek said, seeing the woman produce cuffs. "One less smith is not a good thing for us mercenaries. Let's see if he can actually make a quality weapon, before we do anything. You, make a spear, this time, with the right mixture," he said to the smith. "Otherwise, I can't account for what the lieutenant might do."

"Esphyr just a addressed the point perfectly,actually.If he can make these forgeries,he can make a real weapon,but he chose not to.One less smith means less places to buy weapons,but this smith has a good chance of killing any merc who buys his weapons." Aiya said,in agreeance with Esphyr,and in an attempt to explain to Derek.

"The fact is,I called him out on it yesterday,and told him to clean up his act,but today,he is still trying to sell a one-shot spear for three times the price you would pay for the real thing,because it's shinier."

Edited by Ether

Viveka

Turning to Derek, who was essentially his savior at this point, the smither replied to him as sincerely and calmly as he could.

Smither: Uh ... well ... I already have quality weapons. I just keep them in the back because I ... <.< >.> ... I don't much care for mercenaries.

Viveka: What? Do I look like a mercenary to you?

It seemed the bladesmith had upset the third and final woman in the shop.

Smither: Well not all pegasus knights are in service to the army. Some of them are mercs too.

Viveka: Yep. Sorry, Aiya, but a crest doesn't mean anything in a small town like this.

"Yeah,well a crest had better start meaning something.This crest means that I'm an officer in the Halton military,and when you tried to sell me that Claymore yesterday,it was in plain sight." Aiya said,just about boiling over.

"And just because you don't like mercenaries,you would make shoddy weapons just to kill them off?I've heard about enough from you." Aiya began to walk forward,the handcuffs opened and brandished.

Derek

"Really, because I believe otherwise. The mixture for iron, steel, or silver weapons is harder to get right than the mixture for copper weapons, and all he's done so far is give people copper weapons. He might pass them off as iron or steel in an attempt to make himself look respectable. But, that's not the reason I asked for one," Derek said, shaking his head. To the smith, he said, "Bring all your quality spears out, then. I want to test them. Miss Viveka, I might need your aid in this. Hold on, though."

Edited by Snike

Viveka

Scared to death of Aiya, the man was practically hiding behind the counter!

Smither: Wait! Just wait! I'll prove it! The weapons at the front of the store are for display! I only sell those to mercenaries! Last night I tried to sell you and that wyvern lord the claymore because I because I thought you were both mercs! I only tried to sell the war spear to this pegasus rider because she wanted it so badly and I didn't have another identical one! :sob: ... ... I'll go get the good weapons ... just please don't hurt me!

Viveka: Urgh! I have a headache. So what do you need my help for, Derek?

"The bastard is lying. Most decent mercs go for iron and steel and don't care so much about appearance. If he wanted to kill mercs, he would have made brittle iron and sold that. Be careful Aiya and inspect the weapon closely. He's going to keep scamming as long as he can,"

"You've got no excuse.Selling cheap mock weapons to mercenaries is a death sentence to them,those weapons are the only thing they rely on,and you would lie to their faces,and give them a weapon that will kill them." Aiya said,lunging and grabbing the man's wrist,putting the cuffs on him.

Throwing the man to the floor,she called to Esphyr; "Jerks like this piss me the hell off,wanna help me beat the shit outta him?"

Derek

"Oh, just to carry and drop a few things," Derek replied, waiting patiently. "I'll tell you what to pick up once the spears get here." To the female mercenary, he said, "I can tell myself. Trust me, I've had experience with shoddy weapons."

"Hold it Helios interjected as Esphyr and Aiya were getting ready to assault the man. You will lose your lieutenant status this way. Not to mention assault is prosecutable. Let this man have whats coming to him."

"Urgh...fine." Aiya said,begrudgingly,and let the man drop to the floor.Ensuring he couldn't make a run for it,she opened the back,and looked to the weapon racks.

"Are these the good weapons?" Aiya asked him,and the man nodded.Picking up a seven foot Zweihander from one of them,Aiya looked it over.The blade looked more sturdy than the ones out front,but a test swing saw the blade break in half upon colliding with the target.

"Copper.Good weapons,huh?"

Helios picked up a sword. "This is a fine weapon? He smashed it on the floor. He picked up a couple other weapons. "C'mon help me out a bit" he said to the others

OOC: This reminds me of COPS.

Viveka

Seeing Aiya bring the man to the ground, Viveka sighed. After the weapon test, she decided to go find some spears. If nothing else, she might get a free weapon out of the fiasco.

Viveka: ... I'll take a look around.

She walked passed them and headed into the back room where Aiya retrieved the zwiehander. There weren't that many weapons, but they were all tailored to look good. Then she noticed a slight crack in the wall. What looked to be half of a door, or perhaps a sliding door. Being curious, she opened it up and the hidden door slid back. There was a workshop, and an even larger armory in the back. She stopped cold and looked around. There were weapons everywhere, both of superb quality, and of poor quality. There was even an iron plated ballista crammed in the back corner. The area was dimly lit, but the weapons reflected the light and kept the room mostly visible.

Viveka: Oh ... my ... goddess ... ... ... it's like the armory of my dreams.

After inspecting the place, she stumbled upon lots of supplies. The iron supplies were running short, but there was enough high quality steel left over to make weapons for half a battalion, and all the weapons on the walls appeared to be basic well forged iron weapons. Most of the ones on the table displays were steel weapons. Not wanting to leave or go back just yet, she called out.

Viveka: Guys! Take a look at this! He's got a lot of stuff back here!

Helios heard Viveka call them over. Helios entered first. "Looks like there are real weapons in here". He picked up a claymore to his dismay was pretty heavy. "Aiya can you break this"?

"This weapon passable?" asked Esphyr, tapping the side of a lance with the flat of her blade. With a shudder, the lance fell over, smashing onto the floor and snapping in half like balsa wood. Having gained momentum from the tumble, the weapon head went spinning off to crash into another spear, which went in a domino-like reaction to knock down three more weapons, each shattering as they fell to the floor and sending weapon bits flying about.

"Yipe!" squeaked Esphyr, leaping up as a spear head shot under her foot and thudded into the counter behind which the man was still quivering.

Derek

"Can you please not destroy those?" Derek asked. "I need those." Upon hearing Viveka shout about a hidden armory, he stepped into the forge. "Well, the good smith seems to be able to forge well. Oh, just what I need." Stepping past Viveka, the mercenary took two iron javelins, two short spears, and the only full-sized spear. Taking off his steel blade for the moment, he placed those on his back and strapped them into place.

"Miss Viveka, can you take as many of the low-quality weapons and fly up about a hundred feet? I want to test these," he said, stepping out of the weapon shop. "Miss Soldier, if you would be so kind as to bring the smith outside, it would be much appreciated." Having said that, the mercenary ran back to the inns' stables, for a few minutes.

Edited by Snike