Lord of Azure Flame Chapter 11: 恐ろしいインターネット翻訳!

Snowy_One

"How can a man so prideful in his own word have any meaning in an apology he gives?" asked Esphyr. "You're convinced your right, no matter what. Thusly, nothing you say to try and make amends can be trusted, for they are just words meant to appease. You couldn't humble yourself for a second, and with an attitude like that, any person beneath you is indeed little more than property. Property you may care for, but property just the same."

When I figure out what to start teaching you.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isotov Irina Viveka and Levski

Lev: My word is my bond. Best learn that quick. Anyway, I would gladly apologize if I was wrong, but at worst, I gave her a compliment in a language neither you or she recognize. If that's wrong then I demand another apology for your most certainly unwarranted threats, and no, you don't have to grovel. It's obviously not your thing ^_^

Iso: You could teach me how to forget about abstract things like flying boats ... <.< >.>

The wyvern rider that had interjected quietened down, apparently she'd won in a battle words against the girl and Reika didn't really think she'd be worth talking to any further. Listening as the other wyvern rider(Lev) began arguing with Esphyr, she was quite surprised to find that he wasn't from Halton, but the neighboring Zaftra.

As the girl started acting like a little upstart. "Uh huh property, which is exactly what you are sellsword" Reika stated rather unamused. "Mercenaries are weapons, without an enemy to attack they're nothing, as your name indicates your a handy sword, not a human being" Reika stated bluntly, "Or at least that's what another mercenary was telling his companions back in Hamburg. Something about eradicating flying leeches"

Not really caring what the mercenary would have to say she wandered away from the group, she'd at least hoped for a slight amount of entertainment, but apparently they weren't even capable of supplying that for her.

The group had left Alburny,and were on the road now.Damian's old classmate had given him another nudge before he left.

'I guess he was part of the fanclub,then.'

Now,on the road,Damian and Aiya were atop Ulfhrahn,flying above the rest of the group.They could hear Esphyr and Lev from the air,and could see Isotov was speaking to Katie.

"I can't wait to get there.It's been so long,hasn't it?" Aiya said,striking up a conversation.

"Yeah...several months since we've had enough free time to go back." Damian replied,wrapping his arms around Aiya and gently massaging her sides.

'I hope they got my message there...I want this to be perfect...'

"Hehe~,ah,Damian,stop,that tickles!" Aiya was laughing uncontrollably where she sat,and Damian released the vice-grip he had placed on her.

"Sorry 'bout that." He said with a smirk,turning her head and kissing her.

About a minute later,he pulled back,satisfied with the blush the action had generated.

"D-Damian...you surprised me..." She managed to get out,her face still burning red.

"I know that we haven't been spending as much time together lately as usual,Aiya.I intend to make up for that,just you watch." Damian said reassuringly,moving to lay butterfly kisses on her face and neck.

"Really?Well,I'm looking forward to what you have in store,Mr. Kleine." Aiya said with a smirk,looking back at him.

"Shut up, you." Chase shot at Reika fiercely as he rode along, sielnt until then. "You're not spectacular either from what I've seen. You'll probably end up hurting us more often than not..."

Edited by Lightning

"How far's this place, then?" Kelas asked as they headed out. She kept her face blank: she didn't much like the idea of going somewhere controlled by someone so favored as a shapeshifter's disguise. "And how long we staying there?"

-------------------------------

"Mau!" The noise startled Kelas, and she quickly looked about for its source.

"What the--- the-- Arrin, where did you get a cat?!" Kelas asked, twisting in the saddle to see a small orange cat riding on her brother's shoulder.

Arrin's face grew sheepish. "It was all alone, and hungry, I couldn't just leave it there," he replied, already arguing against the eventual demand that the cat go.

"We cannot keep a-- It could be--"

"But--" Arrin's expression was as pathetic as a kicked puppy. "And don't worry, it's not Shanice, the eyes are green and stay that way--"

...It was going to be a long ride, Kelas thought tiredly as she set about explaining why the cat had to go as soon as they were somewhere it could safely be released.

OOC: Yes I just. Was meaning to show picking it up during all the squabbling, but then we weren't squabbling but KITTY. So yeah.

Half the funny in this is supposed to come from the reactions of the others. React away.

Derek, Dani, and Eric

The relative silence of the journey was interrupted by a meow. Derek and Eric looked at each other, before spotting an orange cat on Arrin's shoulder.

"And," Derek said, sighing.

"Here," Eric continued, as enthusiastic as his friend was.

"We"

"Go."

"Look! It's a kitty!" Dani exclaimed, moving over to the younger mage. Rubbing the kitty with one hand, she began to play with it using her other hand. Hearing the nomad want the cat to be gone, she turned on her. "We can't leave such an cute animal to starve! Brother, Eric, back me up!"

"... As long as it stays away from Loc, I'm fine with it...," Derek said, not really paying attention.

"If you feed it, I don't see a problem. Might want to keep it away from the wyverns, though," Eric said, distancing himself from the group.

"See? They're all right with it. Let's keep it!" Dani said forcefully.

"Every mercenary sees themselves differently, but I am not property. I am not a slave nor a person willing to do anything at all for money. I have skill with a blade, and you have money. It's a business transaction between me and him." shot back Esphyr before turning to Lev. "And I apologize for your rude and prideful actions which have elected a valid response from me. I apologize for not being a stupid and arrogant ass and I apologize for your inability to see what you've done wrong. There? Happy?"

---

That's easy. I even have a special tool for that. Say hello to my little friend Mr. Bludgeoning Tome!

"You are aware that the chances of this cat getting burned alive, eaten, stabbed, or otherwise mauled is very high if it stays with us, yes?" said Morgan, raising her eyebrow at Arrin.

"But it's so cute!" protested Charlotte, following this line up with a loud sneeze. "Er, excuse me." she said, pulling out a hankerchief.

"Oh how cute." Helios said. When the cat saw Helios' face it attacked. It latched itself onto his face and started scratching. "OH GOD GET IT OFF OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"... No, this is great," Chase said smiling, and watched as Helios was attacked by the cat. "Hey... what's that?" Chase asked, and pointed to something in the distance. "... Is that... a horse? And there's someone on it... oh. It's Conrad..."

Helios pulled the cat off. "Shutup" he yelled at the archer. The cat let out a soft purr as it retreated back to Arrin's arm. "You sure Shanice cant change the color of its eyes?"

Edited by Kai

"Well, from what I've seen, the animals are all purple..." Chase said. "And why wouldn't it be attacking Arrin if it was Shanice, genius?" Chase remarked.

Edited by Lightning

"Look, if I can't convince him, I doubt you'll be able to," Kelas muttered to Morgan. "Arrin, he's just going to end up a wyvern snack if you aren't careful."

"I'll be careful. And he's not Shanice!" Arrin insisted, holding the cat out of Helios' reach. "If he were, the horses would be having a fit! Wait-- you said the general's coming? I thought he was already with us..." He looked around in confusion.

OOC: Added Conrad-related bit.

Edited by The Clockwork Alchemist

Levski nearly burst out laughing at Esphyr's apology.

Lev: Ho ho! What do we have here? Look who's too proud to admit they were wrong now. You justify threats on my person with only inappropriate language as your excuse? And you're sorry for my pride, and my rudeness. Oh you are quite interesting indeed, Esphyr. A bit scarred spiritually but interesting.

When the cat arrived, Iso ignored it. It wasn't purple, and it didn't have blue eyes, that was enough for him.

Iso: You haven't killed anyone with that tome, have you Katie?

The chickens were beginning to stir again. All ten of them were flopping around in their cages and trying to get out. Irina turned around and looked at the four she had.

Irina: Shush!

Viveka: What are those chickens for?

Irina: They're for Kiev. He should be eating larger animals though.

Viveka: Like other steeds? I don't even see why you people ride those things.

Irina: I don't think wyverns like Kiev should be mounts either. If these animals were meant to be ridden, they'd have been born with saddles on their backs. Since we figured out how though, and it's a good way to bond with the them, I say why not.

Viveka: Because they're more dangerous than horses or pegasi.

Irina: I would cry if I saw Lev on a pegasus ... I would cry because I'd be laughing that freaking hard hahahaah!

Lev: I think you should genuinely apologize because I mean you no harm, and no ill-will. You on the other hand haven't been very nice to poor ol'me :( :P

Taking a closer look at the tome, Iso was certain that all she really needed to do to be effective in combat was to stand behind an armored knight, and strike when they came close. She might even be able to land a killing blow if she swung hard enough.

Iso: ... just don't hit me with that thing.

OOC: I sincerely hope the IsoxKatie support doesn't turn into one of those crappy stereotypical Italian marriages where the woman is always trying to beat up on the husband.

Esphyr rolled her eyes about as she looked at the man. "Whatever. I'm sorry for threatening you."

I have no intention to. Besides, it hurts the tome as well. Though it doesn't matter with this old thing, a proper tome is a different matter all together.

Lev: Don't worry, Esphyr, I forgive you, and who knows, I might actually refrain from such jokes around you. Nothing feels quite as good as giving women what they really want ;)

Iso: Well if you're concerned with your tome then Esphyr must have a soft head. How many times was that now? Three hits?

Iso tried recalling the two incidents.

Iso: I thought it was three. Maybe I was just expecting a third or something.

Looking over to see Lev talking to Esphyr again, Iso became a little annoyed. Unintentionally he trailed off into a short rant in front of Katie.

Iso: Cripes. Is Esphyr even his type? I don't understand his motives for even speaking to people sometimes. What does he really want from her? Well ... he's not hitting on you, so I guess that makes it no business of mine.

After Esphyr hinted at wanting Lev to just shut up, he cracked an even wider smile.

Lev: Now, now. I said it feels good giving women what they really want. I'll have to find some pleasure in keeping silent if you want me to do so.

OOC: Everything he says ... lol ... ah Lev's a fun character.

"You still have all your teeth in your mouth. You find more than enough pleasure from that at your next meal." chimed in Esphyr before reaching over to give him a strong push as if to knock Lev to the ground.

Why are you glad? Do you have feelings for me or something?