[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

Anyway, Zealot actually looks awesome, and it's terrifying in it's own way. Soon, you'll have Nergal looking cute... or even worse... o_O

Shirtless younger Nergal is the final boss. How did you know!?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shirtless younger Nergal is the final boss. How did you know!?

Oh DAMN, you lied to me! You said that the final boss was *spoiler*

WAAAAAAAAAAAH....

*realizes*

SIR, YOUR TROLL POWERS ARE OVER 9000. I couldn't believe it myself, but you LEVELED UP D:

I AM NOT WORTHY!

*bows*

But in all seriousness, despite knowing SOME details about the hack and being a designated helper monkey, I don't really know all that much about this hack. I just help out. Looking forward to playing the entire thing when it's completed. Especially *spoiler*.

Well, I'm going to be keeping an Elibian Nights blog now.

http://elibiannights.blogspot.com/

The first blog post tells the story behind the creation of Tale 6. In addition to posting screenshots and updates I'll be sharing discarded ideas, telling the stories behind certain ideas, and giving readers an insight into the development of the project.

i had a question about tale 5.

i know it wouldn't make much sense to have Erik be a Paladin in this tale if he's a cavalier in FE6, but is there a way that he can be more useful? The only thing i could use him for was sharing his weapons and talking to Serra (which i liked btw).

if not, then that's fine. i was just wondering.

Nino's face sprite = <3

But I'm wondering, how longer after FE7 was 4.2? Because Nino seems to have aged quite a bit but everyone else has stayed the same.

That's the power of puberty, for you.

Just wanted to say that I lovelovelove this hack. Out of all the tales, I seem to be one of the few that likes Raven's the best; it had the highest number of characters that I'm partial to, and it closed off a story I was always fairly invested in. The closure it provided was wonderfully done, and I love that you opened the door to a mess of new adventures for us players to fantasize about the Cornwell Mercenaries getting themselves into. Keep up the great work. :D

Edited by Ghostclown

That's the power of puberty, for you.

Just wanted to say that I lovelovelove this hack. Out of all the tales, I seem to be one of the few that likes Raven's the best; it had the highest number of characters that I'm partial to, and it closed off a story I was always fairly invested in. The closure it provided was wonderfully done, and I love that you opened the door to a mess of new adventures for us players to fantasize about the Cornwell Mercenaries getting themselves into. Keep up the great work. :D

I'm glad that you enjoyed Tale 2 so much :). While reading your comment I was actually inspired to write a blog post about Tale 2. The original concept was a lot different, maybe you (and others) will find it interesting?

http://elibiannights.blogspot.com/2011/04/original-tale-2.html

Nomads have always been able to walk on water, just with a high move cost. A lot of promoted FE classes are Jesus in disguise apparently.

That would've made for some amazing gameplay for Tale 2 if you could've implemented it, Arch. you have partially redeemed yourself for FE4A's trolling.

Another error. Prince is A in swords...

That's from the original FE7, and I'm assuming Arch didn't bother to change the Prince class because the Prince/Tactician is never used in combat.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but damn it, Arch...I adore the Hamlet reference with Yorick. I was hoping there would be some random line from the play.

I found some errors, that I thought I should point out.

The boss has no attack quote, Not even with Jaffar or Pent.

The boss has no death quote.

The chapter continues as normal even when the boss is dead.

The boss gets captured, even after Jaffar crit'd him to death.

Random 'zerker looks like Hawkeye, instead of being generic.

Hector's death doesn't cause a game over, ending up with an infinite enemy phase.

The prince has 0 in everything but Con, Aid and move. You should get rid of his Aid, (He can rescue Lyndis,) Make his con lower (He's only a child.) and give him some stats, (Even the children in FE 8 had a few stats.)

Death Quote Errors.

Tale 1:

Harken's death quote stays unchanged. You should probably make it have something related to Isadora.

In Ninian's Death quote, Nils shows up.

T 1pt2: Dan says "I'm sorry Captain," He doesn't even know Fargus anymore.

Tale 2: All fine here.

Tale 3: Dayan has none.

Tale 4: Pent's death quote has Louise in it, even it she has retreated. Also, it's weird that the quote has Pent retreating, but still results in a game over.

T 4Pt2: Pent tells Louise to "Return Home". They are home.

Tale 5: Hector has no death quote.

Tale 6: All fine here.

I really enjoyed playing this hack, I can't wait till you finish it.

Edited by SgtSmilies

The prince has 0 in everything but Con, Aid and move. You should get rid of his Aid, (He can rescue Lyndis,) Make his con lower (He's only a child.) and give him some stats, (Even the children in FE 8 had a few stats.)

Aid is tied to Con, and I'm 99% sure they can't be untied from Infantry=Con-1, Male mounted=25-Con, Female Mounted=20-Con. I mean, I agree with you on that she shouldn't be able to lift Lyn, but...meh.

I'm glad that you enjoyed Tale 2 so much smile.gif. While reading your comment I was actually inspired to write a blog post about Tale 2. The original concept was a lot different, maybe you (and others) will find it interesting?

http://elibiannights...nal-tale-2.html

About escaping...

If you ever get it to work, you can always have Raven run from whatever Lycian or Araphenian authorities. Perhaps the moment he chose to attack Araphen was when it wasn't at full force (slight distortion of numbers here) and now has to run from its main force. And maybe he even tries to draw them away to stop the "anarchy" and help the people. Also inclusion of the fact that

Lucius starts and orphanage in Araphen, possibly where Lugh, Chad, and Ray would come to live.

would be cool.