[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

Question: Is Yeti making a new brigand animation?

Cause Jan's portrait wears clothes, so unless Arch made a new topless Jan, the Brigand would look kinda weird.

Plenty of Brigand and Berserker portraits wear clothes. Gonzales, Garret, Dozla. In fact, every Berserker/Brigand in the history of Fire Emblem has worn clothes except for Hawkeye.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering armored brigands didn't exist in the original FE7 he couldn't have been one, but Arch might make him one now. *shrug*

Neither did Mage Knights, Wyvern Knights, nor Halberdiers, but they're in there now. So I don't see why armored brigands, just a graphical update to a class, would be more controversial than new classes that have been added.

It's not really controversial.

Considering armored brigands didn't exist in the original FE7 he couldn't have been one,
he couldn't have been one,

All I was saying that having Jan be an armored brigand would be more or less a class change, i.e. he couldn't be an armored brigand to start with. That's all. ^_^

^^^And to be fair FE9/10 characters have matching portraits/battle animations... but they don't use battle sprites so irrelevant I guess XP

Plenty of Brigand and Berserker portraits wear clothes. Gonzales, Garret, Dozla. In fact, every Berserker/Brigand in the history of Fire Emblem has worn clothes except for Hawkeye.

Largo would like to have word with you.

This game looks amazing! I can't wait til Zephiel's part comes!!! xD

Should the 5th pannel where Dawson is talking to Yorick and says "Take your place, Lord Yorick, Lycia's throne will soon be ours'.", is the apostrophe at the end necessary. I thought "ours"(without an apostrophe) was already a possessive direct object type thing, and "ours' " doesn't exist.

Edited by deranger

So, one week later I'm back as the bearer of some bad news. After Florina's debut, we started seriously questioning the aging of characters for Elibian Nights. Spriters began working on aging some of the cast's younger characters. However, we weren't able to pull off this goal before the week's end, coupled with my inability to purge the game of glitches, so the bad news is that the full version of Elibian Nights isn't coming out tomorrow.

damnstraight.pngguyisnowman.png

As you can see, some characters have changed quite a bit, whereas others have really only changed in physique.

However! I've got a plan. I can't release the full version of Elibian Nights, I don't have the materials and it isn't tested yet. But, I'm thinking about releasing a public beta. With a public beta, I'd be looking for error reports so I can hammer out all of the little kinks, but you would all get to play the game on time while helping me ensure that the product is in perfect shape. Would anyone be interested in a public beta?

No offense to however made it but Lowen looks REALLY bad. His armor design just doesn't make sense and the angle seems off. His body/armor also looks too big for his head. Speaking of his head, it looks like he hasn't aged at all.

I really think he should have a complete make-over.

Disregard this if it was already planned to change him. I only assume that it is his final version.

Edited by kittE

No offense to however made it but Lowen looks REALLY bad. His armor design just doesn't make sense and the angle seems off. His body/armor also looks too big for his head.

Well, it looks like a splice of FE6 Arcard to me.

Speaking of his head, it looks like he hasn't aged at all.

3 years probably won't make much difference to an adult especially if his face is concealed behind a load of hair. I think that the beard definitely makes him look older, though.

3 years probably won't make much difference to an adult especially if his face is concealed behind a load of hair. I think that the beard definitely makes him look older, though.

I agree, the beard is a nice touch. Though I personally think that the armor plating things in the middle and on the top should be a different color from his hair.

No offense to however made it but Lowen looks REALLY bad. His armor design just doesn't make sense and the angle seems off. His body/armor also looks too big for his head. Speaking of his head, it looks like he hasn't aged at all.

Disregard this if it was already planned to change him. I only assume that it is his final version.

Unfortunately, it's not only Rowen that has this issue. It'd be nice to have them all resolved.

Personally, I think it looks cool. I would like to sign up, but only if I don't have to do reports. I'll play it, and probably won't find stuff. But then I'll use codes and such so to find things most people won't; it worked with FEXP...

In a public betatest there's little way to enforce standards or to make it so that people have to report back... you can't technically do that in a private betatest either but in private one's you generally know and decide who is going to betatest and trust them to do a good job, whereas a public betatest... just... doesn't quite do that. XP

My point is that if it's a public betatest people can play the game and just enjoy with the only downside being that there will be problems with the game... so for you, Bryan, you wouldn't have to do a report, unless Arch has some way of forcing people into submitting them (remote electrocution?)

I personally think a public betatest won't go so well but I naturally won't complain...

Most public beta tests respond favorably for reporting bugs. Numerous programs do it to save labor costs, and games are starting to catch on too, with TF2 and Minecraft jumping on board (though TF2 memory is a bit foggy).

People chirp in. More people allows more chirping. Usually the only negative aspect is people working on a project/program get bitchy when they start to feel like people are only pointing out bugs and problems for the sake of pointing it out. That's on the project members though, their issue.

Now while I agree that the pauldrons seem too large, saying that it looks "REALLY bad," is going a bit too far. The sprites not bad at all; it's clean and has a nice design to it, but like I said earlier, the pauldrons could use some fixing. There's been a lot of effort put into this hack, and it just irks me when people just come out and criticize like that :/ As previously said earlier, Lowen has a mess of hair covering his eyes and upper portion of his face, that's where the most noticeable features are that change with age. You can also see hints of aging in his cheekbones which seem more chiseled.

The hair and head didn't have to remain absolute stone over three years, however. Sometimes fans seem to be unable to accept that characters can differ in appearance over time. Rowen can have his hair ragged--but a carbon-copy looks pretty amateurish, especially if the armor at least was updated.

Now while I agree that the pauldrons seem too large, saying that it looks "REALLY bad," is going a bit too far. The sprites not bad at all; it's clean and has a nice design to it, but like I said earlier, the pauldrons could use some fixing. There's been a lot of effort put into this hack, and it just irks me when people just come out and criticize like that :/ As previously said earlier, Lowen has a mess of hair covering his eyes and upper portion of his face, that's where the most noticeable features are that change with age. You can also see hints of aging in his cheekbones which seem more chiseled.

That's life my dear, criticism happens.

Besides, I didn't say I didn't like this hack or that it was stupid. That is just my opinion on that particular sprite.

I don't believe it is up to par with the rest.

Idk, I don't think Lowen would have the exact same hair 3 years later and I don't think his armor would change THAT much. I just think it(Lowen) looks like it was rushed and not well thought out.

I agree completely with Celice's post above me.

Edited by kittE

Lord, maybe you should go PM the creator and complain to him about the sprite instead of clogging up the thread?

Wow, Lowen a great knight, totally did not see that coming.