[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

Been a while, hasn't it?

ElibianNightsGFX.png

Graphical updates! Yeah, I'm still working on Elibian Nights. I leave for college in two days, but I'm trying to keep up work on the project.

Please tell me you don't have orientation beginning Thursday, please

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orientation is on Thursday, man. I'm riding in a car cross-state, so I'll probably get some good hacking time in there. After that, I cannot say. But I am still determined as ever to finish this project, and I will try my best to make time.

Orientation is on Thursday, man.

Alrighty I need to ask what college you're going to because too many things are adding up here. :P

But to stay on topic, long car rides are great for hacking, because you've got nothing else to do and if you're going to the college that it seems you're going to you'll REALLY have time and it kills time. Just charge your laptop beforehand!

• 3 weeks later...

I figure it's time for another of my sporadic and random updates. Been nearly a month, after all. I've started college (and am loving it!), so Elibian Nights has fallen by the wayside. I'm slowly easing myself back into the project, finding time to make small changes, tweaks, and additions. Gone are the days, however, where I can just sit at the computer for hours and work vigorously on the project. For today's update, I'd like to introduce to you the biggest addition I've made in a while. This has been in the works for some time: bonus content.

bonuscontent.pngbonusscene.png

Like one can select a tale by talking to units, the same concept applies to bonus scenes. The scene shown, "Eleanora's Death," is a revised and extended version of a Eleanora's death scene from the original Tale 1. Bonus content ranges from scrapped scenes, to content written entirely for the feature. Bonus content is unlocked by fulfilling certain conditions. Some are as easy as simply completing a tale, whereas others require you to trigger events ranging across several tales.

On another note: I hope you're all looking forward to the eventual release. I promise that it's coming soon!

T-Minus 1 Week til' launch, everybody! At least, that's what I'm really hoping for. I've got a few more pieces that need to fall in place from my contributors, but other than that, things are looking ready for the debut of Elibian Nights v4.

Here's a montage of what you can look forward to seeing in version 4:

screensversion4.png

Three year gap to grow up a bit?

I'm using FE11 - FE12 (three-year time gap) as a precedent. Characters like Marth, Caeda, and Cain grew and changes, whereas other characters used the same portraits. Lyn's portrait hasn't aged (18-21 isn't a tremendously huge change), but Florina, who was 14, had much more of a notable growth, hence the reason she appears older.

Edited by Arch

I didn't know that Florina was supposed to be 14.

Also:

zealotzealot

zealotzealotzealot

zealotzealot

:wub:

Actually Lyn is 16 in FE7, just because the localization said she's 18 doesn't mean she really is.

No, if she says she's 18 she's 18. Why would she lie?

Edited by Anouleth

I assumed that Florina's age was the same as Nino's, which could be erroneous on my part, but I don't feel like it's that far-fetched of a guesstimate.

Also, EN is based on the localized version of FE7. If the localization says 18, Elibian Nights says 18.

Well, unless there's a place where Lyn states that she's something other than 18 in the North American version, I don't think Arch really cares. Since he's basing this off of the NA version, not the J version or anything else.

After checking the first post I just want to clarify; this v4 is the penultimate release rather than the final one, correct?

Yes, there will be definitely one more release after this one. However, this release is a major landmark for the project, featuring a plethora of new goodies.

• All of the Achievements
  • New Tales (7, 8, and 3x)
  • The Bonus Content Scenes
  • Expansion of Tale 6
  • Touch-Ups to other Tales (4 and 3)
  • A ton of graphical updates
  • A ton of soundtrack updates
  • And a bajillion other tweaks to the last release

Edited by Arch

Because she says two contradictory things--only in one version she was made to say something other.

So IS forced Lyn to lie about her age? That seems pretty weird. They're the ones writing it, after all, so they could just make Lyn 18 years old rather than forcing her to lie.