[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you've all gotten the chance to check out the Elibian Nights trailer! It's part of the FEE3 event.

Anyways, I'm hard at work doing all the little features. If it weren't for all these little features and my attention to details, a patch might be out already :P:. Today, I've finally got it to where your character's gender effects the royal brat's gender.

shot1-1.pngshot2-1.png

prince.pngprincess.png

Credit goes to Nintenlord for making the unit swap possible.

Edited by Rodimus Supreme OVERTROLL

I was replaying Chapter 4 Part 2, and I found a minor spelling error. When Canas leaves and gives Pent his tome of information, he says "It these notes are information about every discovery I've made." I'm sure "It" should be "In." Not sure if this was already brought up and/or already fixed, but thought you ought to know anyways, especially with the detail you put into this work.

I need to make an Elibian Nights commercial now...

Back to the small detail, more work than is necessary updates. Say hello to palettes for generic enemies.

morph2.pngmorph4.png

morph3.pngmorph1.png

Even generic morphs now fit the mold (gray hair, purple outfits, pale skin, etc.)!

Certain animations share the same palette string, that is to say, they share the same string and the colors still fit. Myrmidon, Shaman, Swordmaster, General, Druid, Snipers, Dark Druid, Summoner, Kishuna, Male Sage; these all share the same, or close enough to, the same palette line. So Arch made a single palette, and applied it to the enemies of Tale 3.

Any other classes share similar palettes like the ones mentioned? At least people will be able to enjoy the difference in enemies now.

Certain animations share the same palette string, that is to say, they share the same string and the colors still fit. Myrmidon, Shaman, Swordmaster, General, Druid, Snipers, Dark Druid, Summoner, Kishuna, Male Sage; these all share the same, or close enough to, the same palette line. So Arch made a single palette, and applied it to the enemies of Tale 3.

I realize that, which is why I asked how many did he make depending on how many different "class strings" he had to use. In case he found more exceptions to the below:

Any other classes share similar palettes like the ones mentioned?

I believe only Mercenaries and mounted units (horse, Pegasus, wyvern) cause the most noticeable differences between "strings". Well, from what I've seen anyway.

Edited by Blademaster!

This is 'cause Intelligent Systems went the easy path where instead of having two separate sprites--so that there's enough colors for both the person and the horse/pegasus/dragon--they just opted for one sprite and made another palette for them specifically. One could technically make the other classes use the other slots by manually redistributing the palette indexes around... or in other words, recoloring the color IDs, but you're gonna run into some issues on whether you want your horse to look like your skin tones or your dragon to be a mix of your color and armor shades, whereas currently they just use their own separate palette created specifically for use with the sprites where there's an efficient distribution of colors between each.

I think someone of the class sprites already show that behaviour, where some of the colors of a horse are both unique to the horse, and some also shared by the actual colors for the person.

at least you're not on a 6502 system XD

Edited by Celice