[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

I just noticed; is that FE5 fog of war? I didn't know you could do that in GBAFE.

You couldn't do it with GBAFE, that's right. But hey, why should you let that stop you? It's just an edit of the map palette, since the FoW palette is separate all you really have to do is make that palette all one color, black.

Anyways, I made this announcement on Fire Emblem Café yesterday, figured I'd bring it over here too for the Serenes folks.

sandsofsolitude.png

I've decided to add a new tale to the mix. When's it coming out? Well, hopefully with the next release. It's going to be a short, more character-driven than conflict-driven. Who's it about? What's it about? Well, that'd ruin the surprise, wouldn't it?

As for the next release, that'll include the following: Eliwood's Tale, Lyn's Tale, Hector's Tale, two of the Gaiden Tales, and (hopefully) the New Tale. From that base release of Elibian Nights v5, I'll be adding the remaining tales one by one until the game is complete.

Let the speculation games begin.0

Edited by Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You couldn't do it with GBAFE, that's right. But hey, why should you let that stop you? It's just an edit of the map palette, since the FoW palette is separate all you really have to do is make that palette all one color, black.

Anyways, I made this announcement on Fire Emblem Café yesterday, figured I'd bring it over here too for the Serenes folks.

sandsofsolitude.png

I've decided to add a new tale to the mix. When's it coming out? Well, hopefully with the next release. It's going to be a short, more character-driven than conflict-driven. Who's it about? What's it about? Well, that'd ruin the surprise, wouldn't it?

As for the next release, that'll include the following: Eliwood's Tale, Lyn's Tale, Hector's Tale, two of the Gaiden Tales, and (hopefully) the New Tale. From that base release of Elibian Nights v5, I'll be adding the remaining tales one by one until the game is complete.

@FoW, you tricky bunny you. No I find myself coming back from little updates and going, how the hell did he do that? >:P

@New Tale, this is a most interesting update, that way we have even more to look forward to than just changes to old material xD

sandsofsolitude.png

My guess as to one of the characters in the new tale? Grant from the Sykes article! -shot- Moving along, I'm excited as hell. Once that full patch comes out...Is there a crime for making others not want to come out of their rooms due to awesome video game hacks?

I'm involved with the project, but I have NO IDEA what he's pulling this time. (I've been in the dark about this since focusing on school)

Explaining how/why Astohl left Igrene, perhaps?

I'd definitely love this.

Man, that FE6 support almost made me cry.

I thought the support made it pretty clear. Though I guess you could say those bandits weren't REALLY bandits, and that's why Astohl decided he couldn't go back to Igrene. Then again it could be a tale about Sophia, how she wound up captured and in Etruria for Chapter 13 of FE6. Then again she's not really alone because she's got Fa and...

Yeah I'll throw in my lot for it being in Nabata. And that's all I'm going to guess.

Unless the 'Sands' aren't LITERAL Sands and- GAHAAAHHAAAA!

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since I've had something tangible to update with, hasn't it? I come bearing a new update today, via the blog. It's got a progress report update, and a bit of fun trivia about Hector's Tale, which I've just started porting to the new ROM.

I'm in a really productive mood this weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to get some good work done.

Thanks for actually fixing the thing. It'd be a shame to settle for the blatantly ugly beeping :/

I was never going to settle for blatantly ugly beeping. If I couldn't get the song to work, it would've just been taken out. Fortunately, thanks to Rei, that didn't happen :):.

Edited by Arch

I've got a question! (Hopefully not a stupid one.) ;__:

I was replaying the game and just made it to Karel's and Zealot's respective chapters. I had similar issues to other users, so I looked in this thread to see if the problems had been addressed, and realized that I wasn't using the most recent patch. If I download the most recent version and repatch, will I lose all my save data? (Again?) XD

Another blog article four days later? What is this madness!? Since I've been working on Hector's Tale, I figured an article explaining Orun's presence was in order. It details how he went from an obscure character referenced in FE6's script, to one of Elibian Nights' new cast-members. Coupled with the article is a sneak peak at some relevant bonus content. I hope you all enjoy the read! Edited by Arch