[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

Another update, what I've been working on for the latter-half of my work day.

itchyballs.png

Make of it what you will (and I'm anxious to see what people come up with).

Completely missing the point here, but is Kaleva in any way related to Kalevala?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Sholes- that was pretty unspecific

I assume you mean Uther by "he", but obviously he dies if he's had a funeral. Though this isn't really an inconsistancy if Uther is not dead, just dying. Another weird thing about than convo is everyone looks 10 years younger than in FE6, not 5 years.

By "he" I mean Arch if his copy of the game is European that convo. never happens.

Another update, what I've been working on for the latter-half of my work day.

itchyballs.png

Make of it what you will (and I'm anxious to see what people come up with).

gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

I would never do something so stupid as turn this hack into a Jugdral-Elibe crossover :P. But yeah, enough Jugdral joking.

enough1.pngenough2.png

Will you ever see Tailfing and Ichibal (icons by Lord Glenn) in the game? Only if you work on those achievements ;). I spent a lot of time yesterday working on achievements and extras and that sorta thing. So I guess now I should get back to Tale 7.

yikessykes.pngarrowspate.png

Edited by Rodimus Supreme OVERTROLL

I like the not recruiting Erik one.

And just some random thoughts about the first 6 tales,

Have you thought about giving Karel other weapons in addition to Wao Dao (like maybe an attainable one per stage).

and this is really minor, but Eliwood heading for Ostia seems inconsistent with the 15 years after in FE7's epilogue where Eliwood and Hector say they haven't seen each other since Uther's Funeral. http://www.serenesforest.net/fe7/epilogue3.html

Just because Eliwood goes to Ostia, it doesn't mean that he'll run into Hector. I mean, I'm sure that in the 20 year gap between the end of FE7 and FE6 there had to been meetings of the Lycian League in Ostia. And, since Ostia is the head, it's entirely possible that Hector could never attend. Granted, that's speculation, but the point still stands that Eliwood could have easily gone to Ostia and never had to go to the Castle.

Pertaining to your spoiler...

That was removed from the European versions so if he lives in Europe it doesn't break canon.

Uh... no. Just because it was removed in one version doesn't mean that it wasn't supposed to happen. Because, based on the events in FE6, we already know that it was supposed to occur. Besides, Arch lives in the US, so your point is moot anyway.

ichivalichivalichivalichivalichivalichival AND ACHIEVEMENTS.

I also like Halberdier!Zealot. this is so awesome. I don't think I've ver been anticipating a hack so much except FE4A, but... fuck you on that one man D:

Edited by Queen

Oh, yeah, it's been ready for a while, we just didn't want to give it to you.

Arch will post when the tale is finished, and will give you a download patch.

Patience is your friend.

Here's something I haven't done in a while....new blog post!

http://elibiannights.blogspot.com/2011/05/why-all-revamps.html

I've had quite a few people ask me: "why all the revamps to completed tales?" So here's the explanation, why I feel obligated to scrap an entire finished product (like I did with Tale 1).

'Fine' and 'good' are two entirely different things.

Edited by Rodimus Supreme OVERTROLL

@ blog

I like your attitude. Quality over Quantity is more enjoyable and takes less time to play, I look forward to whatever you come up with.

Edited by deranger

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that he's joking again(like with the Jugdral items)huh.gif

He's not joking with this weapon, he asked LordGlenn to make the icon, and Glenn based the icon off of the FE12 one. (He wasn't joking about the Judgral items either.)

Well, since Trent mentioned it, yes, EN's Master Sword is based on FE12's. Comparing the stats between the two, I think you can see why. And, being the proponent that I am for having unique graphics and not reusing existing ones, I made my own version of the sword, from scratch, with the FE3 and FE12 icons off to the side as references. I kept the overall design idea the same, but implemented my own actual designed components, to give off a slightly different appearance. (It's like what Hajime Katoki did when he redesigned the original mechs in Gundam Wing to show what their intended appearance was (and not their actual appearance, as they were hampered by a budget when creating the series and couldn't afford the level of detail they had wanted).)

This is such a great project and the role of each character in each tale is really well done.

Perhaps the only problem I have with the Tales in the current patch is Tale 5 with Hector and Ostia. My main problem is that the hatred that people have for Hector just seems unwarranted. I might have missed something, but there's nothing to goes into details or even explains briefly why in fact Hector is a bad leader and the people hate him so, they pretty much only say "He's a bad leader." I just feel that there can be more emphasis on what he did that the people see as so bad, even if it's a very brief explanation. Of course, like I said, I could have missed something or it's more simple than I'm thinking it.

Spoiler tags just in case.

On the other hand, Erik's involvement in the Tale is very top notch and I think was my favorite moment in the hack. I never did like him, but he really was great here.

Just something you can look into. I know you like quality in this project.

Edited by Taku

I think it explains somewhere that the fact that they're mourning Uther's death and that Hector is very oung makes them assume that he's a bad leader. But I'm not positive of this so don't quote me on it.

It's explained in Dawson's speech, if I recall correctly. Hector is just kinda...not doing anything. Marquess Araphen was ASSASSINATED; no investigation, no hunt for the assassins, no appointment of a new Marquess. Pherae was ravaged by bandits, no aid yet sent to Pherae. Caelin was abandoned by Lyn, no action on Hector's part to secure Caelin. A lot of problems in Lycia, and Hector's been really inept at leading because he was never prepped to lead a nation like Uther was.

Nevertheless, I'll look over the scripts to make sure the reasons for Hector's unpopularity are as clear as possible.