[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

Unless something huge has happened in the world of status effects without my knowledge, it's not possible to add new status effects (yet). So, Stone would be out immediately (unless you gave it something else instead of the status effect).

Bummer, though I suppose a way around this would be to make 1 3-10 range tome with higher MT (15-20) and accuracy for damage purpose to get FE5's Fenrir and another 3-10 range tome with lower MT (3-5) and sleep effect to get an inferior version of FE5's Stone.

Edited by Sirius

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love all the Oswin x Serra speculation. You'll just have to see how things turn out, won't you?

Anyways, putting a lot of work into Tale 4 today. I've been brainstorming ideas for ancient magics to add to the ruins setting.

artifacts.pngshaversucks.png

Great work Arch, nice to see the return of Morphs. The use of Morphs makes me even more intrigued as to who the boss of this chapter is.

I bet it's Kishuna. Even though I just remembered he's dead.

EDIT: Oh and a question; what spell animation did you use for 'Shaver'?

Edited by Superluigi

I think adding status effects to weapons at all is a bit... out of our range.

Aside from Poison, you mean. Adding Berserk/Silence/Sleep(or any of the positive ones too, I suppose) to anything other than what they already exist on and adding any new ones, yeah, those are out of the current range (though, it'd be wonderful if someone figured them out, because it opens up possibilities for many new things...).

-----

And, Dancer is right. It's Exaccus' ranged animation.

@Superluigi it's not. But good guess. XD

@LG yeah, barring poison, and I think implementing them is going to require ASM hax, which most of us know is a pain that only a few can endure...

@Alex gotta stick with the original, we can't have Marcus being decent just because it's a hack

@Dancer no.

I'm hard at work on Tale 4 this weekend. I was kept busy this week auditioning for Little Shop of Horrors this week (I was cast as Orin the dentist).

More teaser screens with my progress.

lotsanewtoys.pngunknown.png

I tried making a Bolt Axe work,

I have a few ideas to fix this and make things work, hopefully I'll have the Bolt Axe in the release.

I tried making a Bolt Axe work,

I have a few ideas to fix this and make things work, hopefully I'll have the Bolt Axe in the release.

I did hear of some people who made it work. Otherwise I know I tried something like this before and IIRC it only worked with one class : Paladins.

Otherwise that's really impressive work.

Edited by Medeus

I must say this is impressive work. I've rather enjoyed it thus far and look forward to the final release. I cannot wait to see Ostia's tale.

Also, Renault is totally manly. LOL at taking 2 DMG from an enemy Sage.

I just played this, it's pretty sweet. I love the supports and stuff. Tales 1 and 2 are pretty easy, while Tale 3 is significantly harder. Guy and Sain wound up dieing on me.

Aaaaaaand...Tale 4 is finished! Debating whether or not to release a patch, here's what I've done since the last release:

- Minor story additions to Tale 1

- Minor story revisions & game-play additions to Tale 2

- Minor story additions & game-play overhaul to Tale 3

- Addition of the Tale Select feature

- Completion of Tale 4

The question is: do I release it now or finish Tale 5 and THEN make a release? What to do, what to do...

Edited by General Archibald

• 2 weeks later...

The next release is going to take quite a while I'm afraid. I haven't even started Tale 5 yet and I just had a brilliant idea. Here's to fulfill my teasing quota for this post: the next release will have five new tales for you to enjoy without me starting Tale 6 ;).

Guess until your faces turn blue, my lips are now sealed.

Edited by General Archibald

Nice video^^ Yet I think Florina is... absolutely not fit for the chapter. Nomads everywhere and a Falcoknight without Delphi Shield or anything?

At least it's a pretty good work, hope the other tales will turn out at least as good^^