[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its awesome! Can't wait the 4 others! Great job arch!

Btw, I found a minor, yet funny mistake: in tale 3, in the description of the Kutolah tribes member it says: ''Member of the Djute clan. Sworn enemies of the Kutolah.' :blink:

And Arch, did you drop the FE4A hacking patch?

XD

... Screw you Rey. ;_;

Now as soon as I actually find a patcher for mac I might play this. Is there any option to skip Tales, because I don't want to play the disgrace that is Tale 1

Now as soon as I actually find a patcher for mac I might play this. Is there any option to skip Tales, because I don't want to play the disgrace that is Tale 1

http://www.mediafire...q808xg3x8i672lm

2 ways:

A. Open up the game on VBA, go to File -> Import -> Gameshark Snapshot and select the "Elibian Nights.SPS" file.

or

B. Rename the "Elibian Nights.sav" file to be the same as the ROM of the hack but keep the ".sav' extension and placing it in the same folder as the ROM.

It's a save I made to have each tale placed on a different save slot.

Just noticed that Tale's 3 map is very similar to Sacae's gaiden in FE6.

http://tinypic.com/m/be93te/3

Fun stuff.

Edited by Sirius

You know what? It's okay to say you don't like a pairing. But to call one of my stories a "disgrace" because you don't like one pairing is insulting to me. I wish Sirius hadn't been so kind as to provide saves. If you can't get over a pairing then don't play the hack, it's that simple.

Edited by General Archibald

Oh quit being a baby. The Tales are fun and good enough to ignore his pairing choices. It's his patch. Besides, at least you have the option to kill Lowen. I can't do that with Rath. >_>

Any word on when the next Tales will be up, Arch? Not that I'm rushing you or anything. :D

You know what? It's okay to say you don't like a pairing. But to call one of my stories a "disgrace" because you don't like one pairing is insulting to me. I wish Sirius hadn't been so kind as to provide saves. If you can't get over a pairing then don't play the hack, it's that simple.

That was meant to be a joke, but I guess nobody found it funny. :mellow: I wanted to see Tale 3 because apparently it's the best and Tale 2 because I was interested in the story there.

I played it anyways since the saves didn't work for some reason, I just patched it. I liked Tale 2 best personally. It has the most story to it.

I played it anyways since the saves didn't work for some reason, I just patched it. I liked Tale 2 best personally. It has the most story to it.

Did you apply the patch before loading up the save?

Edited by Sirius

I honestly don't get why everyone's all crying about the pairings. The only one I even found odd was the Heath/Priscilla, but I mean, I'd rather him make wierd support partners than no support partners at all.

And as much as I support Eli/Lyn, I will always admit that Rath/Lyn makes more sense to the story.

Arch, I know for a fact I told you about the "Knight of Pherae". Like 3 times.

Edited by H3X/AntiStyle

Well, I've begun working on a makeshift tale selecting feature (the map being used is not final). Obviously I'm not skilled enough to do ASM menus and such, so I did the best I could. Basically after each tale you get sent back to the Tale Select. Completing the next tale unlocks another one to play.

taleselect.pngreplay.png

Unfortunately it isn't without its problems...if a character is killed during a Tale they don't come back for the replay. I have an idea to fix this. As you can see in this screenshot, Rebecca is not on the map.

thelobera.png

This dialog is a new addition to the hack (explaining the Lobera since some people questioned its purpose). I've gone back, fixed everything and made additions to the tales. The next release will have all of these new things, plus Tale 4 (currently being worked on). The entire Tale 4 has been written, it's just a matter of events (and mapping). The tale stars Pent and Renault, I hope to have it out soon.

Edited by General Archibald

I'm going to have some inter-chapter dialog. After Tale 3 is over there will be an Interlude of sorts. Then we'll have some more dialog between other tales

Played this patch a couple days ago aaannndddd....Loved it! Seriously, i think the idea is very cool , (it'd be cool if more people did stuff like this!)

Can't wait for tale 4 and the tales to follow!

Keep it up Arch! (Any news on Fe4 advance, if it's not too bold to ask? The topic's been rather dead lately...)

-Eriad-

Edited by Eriad

Hey arch, quick question, does that half blind nomad trooper do anything story related or is it done there?

Not sure if these have been asked/noted yet but:

No bosses have their own palletes in battle

First boss has no death quote and has a messed up opening battle quote

Marquess araphan has a messed up battle quote with Raven

Half blind nomad guy has a generic nomad pallete

Other than the miniscule crap I mentioned earlier, I'm loving this patch so far. You might want to block any players from playing on in near future like since chapter 4 is still there.