Anime Suggestions?

Who the fuck cares?

Didn't you get the memo? We are now grammar police. Yeah, it's a lot to add on to all our other duties, but I'll live.

Me.

Got the memo.

Grammar whores ftw!

Got the memo.

I prefer "Nazi" because Nazis are badass and whores are not.

Wished the memo called us Grammar Nazis instead of Grammar Police and still hasn't gotten over it.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hum... Oddly, I found it hard to be drawn into it emotionally. The only time I felt real emotion towards it was when Kaji was killed. Asuka's revelations during the angel attack that sent her into a coma also got to me (Though, I was laughing too much due to his music choice). Most of the time, especially during the movie, anything that was supposed to be powerful left me with a sense of mild disgust and intense confusion, though.

Also, speaking of the music music, WHY do the japanese find some reason to fit solo childrens singing with End of the World esq scenes? I'm thinking mostly of 2.0, where they decided that it would be fitting to have that during the ... 2nd impact, wasn't it? I have trouble keeping track of them.

Third Impact. Again, same event as EoE, different execution (and of course interrupted).

Also, I found both of the songs to be terrific tunes. Utilizing background music that would otherwise be of a completely different genre to highlight the momentuousness of an event isn't terribly uncommon. Note the mind-rape of Asuka to the Hallelujah Chorus.

I've got to say, I loved original Evangelion a lot more than I otherwise would have simply for having Ode to Joy in its kind of "final battle scene" (of the actual series), but obviously that was a bit... yeah...