Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 14: The mental limit

Snowy_One

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric

"Well me an' me sis moved 'ere durin' the war between' Jerdun an' Septimos," Eric continued. "Just visitin' family who settled 'ere, that's all."

Alex: ... Mercs? A few more swords wouldn't hurt. Sounds reasonable. You help us capture the princess, I get you the bounty. Now, apparently, the group that has them is a few days away, lodging in a town. March with us, and we'll figure out an assault plan.

"I'm tempted to say that that's a fail right there." said Esphyr. "Allowing your opponent the first strike, or even a verbal acceptance. Guess that's why I don't duel so often anyways though."

"All right then, move along" the guard answered. The other guard sniggered as Eric and Charlotte walked away.

"We ran into the group...the infamous fire bandits. The princess wasn't with them, and neither were some of her guards." Travis said. "They said she headed to Septimus."

Cess:

"So, you can predict the future? I said we have no need for a fortune teller. And if I am right in assuming what you are truly after, I must say, you probably know less than you think."

Reika shifted her weight to the left a bit. Let's see...he's squishy since he's a mage but don't underestimate him...a feint will do the trick.

She tumbled to the side one dagger in a throwing motion while the other she she aimed at his leg.

This better work.

OOC: The one in throwing motion is not in the air. That's the feint. The one she's aiming at his leg is where the strike will go.

Edited by Dark Sage

Zilpah quickly pulled out his tome and somersaulted over one dagger while one catches him right under his leg, and hit the ground, and chanted a few words and a dark blast erupted from his palm dashing toward Reika.

(So there is no dice rolling?)

Edited by Minilaguz

Eric

Waiting until they were out of sight, Eric pulled off his hood. "I hate talking like that," he said, mainly to himself. "Well, milady, you've just been shown how to break out of a castle. Easier than you thought?"

Alex:... That is unfortunate. I guess we've no business advancing. Much obliged, for the intel, though.

Reika tried to dodge and she mostly succeeded. As she jumped out of her way, she felt her right arm caught in the blast.

"Ow," she said, leaping at him, dagger aimed at his head.

Zilpah was already knelt on the ground from the previous attack, he saw the dagger and attempted to lean back and turned his face as he tried to dodge it, the dagger slit his left cheek and he fell to the ground, he staggered back to his feet.

"I yield, you win." He said while putting his hands up in surrender.

"I..I suppose so." said Charlotte. "That was quite the accent you had there, did you pick that up in the slums?" she asked him.

"Not very reliable intel." said Xenia, eyes narrowing. "That red-haired mage is one of Ivanko's brats, it's possible they were lying to protect her. And if I recall correctly, they said they were traveling in a different direction...and yet they're approaching the Septimian border. Perhaps the princess went for another castle?" she guessed.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Cess:

"Really now, was that necessary?"

-----------

Pary:

Park walked back to the inn from the nearby cafe. He loved a good cup of teas, and didn't know when he'd get a proper one again.

He saw some man on the ground bleeding, and Reika with her knives in her hands. "Well, it's obvious what happened here." He knelt by the man's face. "You should be fine. It'll clot soon." He had no reason to heal a stranger his employer didn't tell him too.

"Enough." said Morgan, clapping her hands. "Reika, stand back, Pary heal the shaman. If he wants to help us, then let him try. He did not upset the horses, and overall seems too unstable to be anything but a traveling scholar."

Zilpah's eyes widened,he quickly chants words as his places his hand near her stomach, the spell ends up blowing them both away from each other, he staggers up once more, and he hopes that anyone close to them wasn't hit.

"I have no intention of dying here, not when what I seek is so close...Don't make me get serious.!" Zilpah pointed out.

Edit: rephrase.

Edited by Minilaguz

"Here, let me get that dagger," said Reika, pulling it out with a sharp yank.

"Now since you're probably going to die anyway, you won't object if I kill you. We have lots of shamans to go around," said Reika.

Pary:

"Fine then. Why can't I ever have any fun?" Pary walked over to the man. He knelt down, and the staff's light seeped into the leg wound, suturing it up, and stopping the blood flow. Next, Pary switched his healing staff out for his Barrier staff, and a green ring encompassed the man, increasing his mana channel's ability.

Eric

"Pick it up? Your Highness, I was born with that accent, and raised speaking with it until my tenth birthday," Eric said, pulling Charlotte's hood off. "I picked up the mixed accent, really. It's gotten Dani out of a lot of lessons."

Derek

"... Colonel Kleine, why again did you try to delay the journey?," Derek said, having walekd up the stairs fast enough to see the duel. "It seems to me that the Serph is fine, considering she's intervening in a duel."

Alex: Perhaps... Perhaps they are with the group, and simply hid. Nevermind the return. We go for the prize. You, Wyvern Lady, scout for us. We'll be ready for an assault in a day.

"Heh and you call me stupid." Reika walked up to Morgan, dissapating one of her daggers.

"You know," she whispered in her ear, "You're in pretty bad shape. Dying. I can tell and if it ever gets to much," she made a cutting gesture, "I'd be very happy to do it."