Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 14: The mental limit

Snowy_One

"Oh... is that more than the others? I would take less if you'd like," he replied.

"Naelia? As in one of the six heroes? What's she doing stealing from us? If she did take it, that's bad, but if not, that's bizarre," Conrad inquired to the mage. "What's your name, anyways?"

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You may refer to me as Mage. As for Naelia she wanted us to meet Jace for some reason or so i'm told. Our next destination is Septemus which is kind of dumb since i read that Jace is in Jerdon."

Edited by Solf J. Kimblee

Tessa had continued to wait nearby for a bit, curious what the matter of discussion had been about, and since she wasn't shooed away, it seemed she was welcome to listen. The conversation seemed to have been Lev advising Morgan about something. Her own name quickly came up, and it was a positive mention, which did a wonder on her self-esteem, and anyone watching could almost see the troubadour start to glow a little.

The conversation turned to matters of hiring, and while Tessa had nothing against Lev, not at all, she found such topics tiresome, hard to understand, and not particularly interesting. Figuring it might indeed take awhile longer, and that Morgan would be unlikely to be free for questions for awhile, she decided to head back down, and look for someone who might be able to take her shopping.

She passed Chase on the way, and silently thanked the Goddess. Her decision to leave had spared her having to spend more time around the outlaw than necessary. It was possible she was mistaken in her assessment of the man, she grudgingly acknowledge to herself, remembering her initial distrust of Isotov. However, unlike the fire mage, she'd continued to see no sign of redeeming qualities in the rash, impulsive, and arrogant archer.

Back down on ground level now, she noticed Heinz and Derek near the stables. The mercenary had changed his outfit a bit, but was still recognizable. Not sure whether either of them would be interested in helping her out, she headed over anyways. If they were busy, she should at least visit Trevor and pay some attention to him.

"Mage the mage," Conrad replied. "If I was in a good mood, I'd say that's an odd name, but I'm not, so I'm going to say it outright: that's the stupidest pseudonym I've ever heard. That includes a few of Veshkal's, which, mind you, were not only terrible, but a few of them were female... though his hair was probably long enough to pass off as one. But that's besides the point. Tell me your real name, because I'm not going to deal with this."

Edited by Lightning

"Pushy arent' ya. Its Helios, the Wind Mage. I was branded with the crimson wind tome like you were branded with your axe. Its actually kind of sad since i was getting used to the name, Mage."

"I wasn't branded with it. I chose to wield it, and so far it's seemed to be a pretty good decision I made," Conrad retorted. "And I'm not pushy. I can, however, convince people I'm right most of the time."

"I made an oath that I'd use it for the greater good of the world. It took a while and there was an unreasonable amount of paperwork. Obscenely frustrating, but I think it was worth it."

Edited by Lightning

"... That's the reason I'm here in the first place, to go along with you." Conrad replied, rolling his eyes. Seriously, why else would I be here?

As the cat stole yet another piece of bacon, Arrin decided that that was enough. Mumbling apologies, he picked up the cat and got up, heading back to his room to try to work out what to do with it.

The cat was not pleased: food all belonged to him. Still, so did this human, and he supposed he should humor it for a bit. It yowled its disapproval, but did not make an escape attempt.

--------------------------------------------------

"Thanks." Kelas' muscles were beginning to protest the unfamiliar motion, but she knew practice was the most important part of learning a weapon. Still... "Just parries for the day, then? Or are we going to switch to something else after a while?" she asked, eyeing the equipment Aiya had brought out.

Isotov and Jasmine

Iso: Esphyr's always got something wrong with her it seems. I think you whacked her too many times. Umm ... did you want us to go check on her?

Jasmine: That was two whole pieces ... ... hungry kitty ...

"Whether we use this or not depends on how quickly you can get a feel for parrying. This stuff is for when we get to contact practice,so something like this doesn't happen if you screw up." Aiya replied,holding the Silver Sword like a rapier,and lunging at a practice dummy. The fake blood draining from the hole through it's throat was a clear enough message.

Damian searched for Morgan,but couldn't find her. Deciding to tell her later,he headed back towards the room.

Which incident with Tessa?

---

Esphyr had not moved one bit from her spot on the bed. Rather, she had, removing her leather armor so as to make her lying down feel better upon her body. "Did you find her?" she asked, curious.

"I have no idea where she is... for all I know,she's hiding on a roof somewhere,and I've not the energy to find her. But don't worry, we're not going anywhere until you feel better." Damian told Esphyr, sitting down next to her.

"Now that we have all that sorted out, let's get moving." Morgan said. She got off the roof and went downstairs. "Time to go everyone!" she shouted, hopefully loud enough for all to hear.