Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 14: The mental limit

Snowy_One

"Colonel Klein seems a decent enough fellow." Charlotte conceded. "However, he may not know the full reasons behind Halton attacking nations and is simply a soldier doing his duty."

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Perhaps, but you're not really going to help your nation by doing this. Although if you must, you should tell Damian and Aiya. They're members of the Halton army. Maybe they can help?

We probably should've brought one of them along."

Eric and Dani

"... I shall leave the final decision to you, milady," Eric said, face neutral. "At the very least, you would have some rule, over the people. Somehow, I doubt the good Colonel had any idea what this was about."

Dani had grown quiet. It seemed there was no magic solution to restoring their land, after all. Regardless, she decided not to voice her opinion, as it was ridiculous.

Edited by Snike

"They had other concerns I suppose. Exchanging Septimian rule for Haltonian rule is not ideal, but...is there any other way? I don't really know what to do here, I've never made such an important decision before.' Charlotte rubbed her palms together nervously.

Edited by -Cynthia-

"Damian will not really be able to anything about the contract once it is signed." Charlotte said. "Emperor Cassius controls whether or not he puts the pact into effect."

Edited by -Cynthia-

Eric

"...If only she could," Eric said to himself. "Milady, perhaps we could form a rebellion, if we could contact Jerdon. However, Halton most likely would have the greatest chance of liberation. On the other hand, there is no chance of independence. Milady, do not panic about it. Whichever path you choose, we shall support."

"The only way I know to get to Jerdon is through Septimus...or by sea." Charlotte frowned.

"I...do not feel comfortable possibly giving away the lives of my people on a magical contract without their consent." Charlotte said. "And personally I am curious as to why the other groups in Septimus did not intervene. King Stefan and Queen Isolde were never spoken of in hrash terms by my parents, and Kaileen is known for her benevolencd. Perhaps we could investigate the goings-on in Septimus. My bounty is an issue, but that Captain Travis fellow is dead and I haven't had any other pursuers. Meeting Jace is a poor idea, but I cannot believe all of Septimus is against us."

"I suppose no matter our next course of action, I should inform the emperor of my decision."

"Travis is dead?" said Alferis surprised. "Huh. Well anyway, just be prepared, the emperor might not take it well if you traveled all that way to ask for aid and then backed down. I'll support you though, don't worry."

Isotov

After doing enough exercises to feel comfortable with his lack of consistency, Iso wiped off all of the sweat, changed into his spare shirt, put on his coat, and headed downstairs, followed by Katie. Once they made it to the dining room, They both sat down. He waved good morning to the room, and then slumped over in his chair, a bit tired.

Irina and Levski

Levski spent a good five minutes bullying Krinkov playfully to punish him for sending a ball of wyvern dung onto an innocent man's head. Irina watched while stroking Kiev's chin. It brought her back seeing a man tease and taunt a wyvern, one of nature's best killer animals. He was no safer with a flying tiger or a flying bear. The more she thought about it, the more she appreciated Kiev's affection for humans. It wasn't in his nature. It was something that he got from his upbringing, and that to her was simply amazing.

Viveka

After their baths, Viveka and Jasmine rushed downstairs to eat. They hadn't gotten to bath in days so they abused their soaking time, and remained in the water for nearly an hour. Once they made it to the dining hall, Jasmine rushed straight into the kitchen, and Viveka sat down next to Iso for no particular reason.

Viveka: Good morning. Is breakfast ready yet?

"Go pester the kitchen if you want food," Kelas told Viveka when she asked the room about breakfast. "We need to get going soon, though."

-----------------------------------

"Here," Arrin said, pressing the cup of water into Esphyr's hand. "And you should probably sit down..."

Eric

"Kaileen...," Eric repeated. Didn't the Goddess tell me to go meet her...? "I do hope that Emperor Cassius takes the news well. Otherwise, it might end... Unfortunately, should he try to imprison you, You Highness."

"Yea." said Esphyr, taking the cup of water. Without delay, she found the nearest seat she could and sat down in it. It took only a swift gulp to down the entire cup as she chugged it like a drunkard does beer. With a sigh, she put it down on the table. "I'm feeling better now, thanks."

"That is a fair point." said Charlotte. Maybe if we came up with an excuse of some sort... She thought quickly, then dumped her water canteen all over the blood pact.

"Oh, how clumsy of me!" Charlotte said loudly. "This parchment is all soggy, no good now. I suppose we will have to return tomorrow for a new one."

Edited by -Cynthia-

Isotov and Viveka

Viveka: (Is Kelas always like this?) Great ... another short lived break, and then we're back on the road with none of the necessities ... *sigh*

Iso: (Girls and their "necessities" ...)

"Shouldn't soldiers be used to fighting with minimal breaks?" Morgan asked. "Damian spends most of his time chasing girls, you drag along an excessively large wardrobe, the militaries of this world must be rather shoddy. We will be leaving shortly." She coughed once and headed outside.

Isotov and Viveka

Viveka: Right. What she doesn't understand is that Damian is a high ranking officer, and I'm not quite a grunt myself. Unless our countries are at war, there's generally nothing to do but file paperwork. Oversee recruit training and exercises, and maybe handle a few bandit uprisings. The military is as overrated as the Archsages are.

Iso: >_>'

Isotov and Viveka

Viveka: "Nothing wrong with camping." ... says the nomad >_>' (What a surprise.)

Jasmine quickly came back from the kitchen with two plates. Each had a stereotypical breakfast prepared on them, and she set one right in front of Viveka before sitting down. She seemed rather perky given recent events even though that was her nature.

Jasmine: There you go, Captain. Breakfast is served.

Viveka: Hey, thanks. Hmm ... since we're going to be camping, does that mean that Isotov is going to be making the fire?

Iso: I never make the fire.

Viveka: Why not?

Iso: It's either because no one trusts me, or because no one asked. Either way I don't care.

Viveka: (And he's in a bad mood too? What's with people this morning?)

The old cleric looked up in alarm when Esphyr tried to stand up, barely succeeding at not falling off her feet. "Don't move around too much," the man croaked at her. "This old geezer doesn't need any money from hardworking women like you, just make sure not to overwork yourself again," he ordered gruffly. Slowly padding across the room, the cleric finally closed the door after a few minutes. Seems like he takes life easy himself when he's not working, Heinz thought, amused.

Hearing the pegasus knight complain about having to set off again, Heinz rolled his eyes. Despite being a soldier, it seems she's used to a comfortable life. Wonder how she earned her rank? Checking to make sure he had all of his weapons on him, Heinz ducked into the kitchen quickly, grabbing a couple biscuit and two apples. I wish the apples kept, I'll be living on biscuits again soon.

Walking out the door, Heinz glanced around briefly. I haven't seen Derek since we arrived at this inn, perhaps he's hiding somewhere? He leaned against the side of the inn, waiting for the others to come out.

Isotov Viveka and Jazz

Jasmine started eating as fast as she could. It was slightly out of character, but she was too hungry to pause to talk, and then go back to eating, so she thoughtlessly did both at once.

Jasmine: *omnomnom* I don't like camping! *gom* ... *gulp* It's too dirty out there, *gom* ... *nomnomnom* *gulp* and there's no where to bath. *gasp* ... whew ... the last time we were sent out into the wilderness, we tried to bath in the lakes but a fish sw-

Viveka: Whoa, don't tell that story! Suffice to say, not everyone is as jungle-happy as perhaps you are >_>'

Since Viveka wasn't touching or watching her food, Iso snuck a piece of bacon from her plate and casually ate it.