Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 15: Happy Birthday Esphyr!

Snowy_One

Derek

"OK, you're wielding an armorslayer on my, and still can't scratch me? Needs work, miss," Derek said, knocking the myrmidon's sword into the air and the myrm herself away a few feet with one blow. Sheathing his own sword, the cavalier caught the armorslayer in his right hand, and pointed it at the girl's throat.

"You lose," he said, pulling the weapon away from the girls' throat. Then, he slammed it into the ground, and walked off, hoping to not be ambushed by any more crazy swordfighters.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlotte walked up to Derek. "What happen- oh Rita." she stopped suddenly. "Anyway, Sir Helios sent me to ask you what happened at the border. Did you or the other military officals state your proper identities?" she asked him.

Seeing that the business was over, Helios felt that it was his need to attend to something that has been bothering him for a while. "Those who have mediocre skill with a blade and can use magic. The honorific bestowed upon them are called Mage knights. You seem to use magic in your attack. How do you do that?" He spoke appearing besides Esphyr

Edited by Solf J. Kimblee

"Not easily." replied Esphyr. "It takes a lot of skill and talent, controlling the power of magic as well as working so as to not shock or otherwise hurt yourself. It's not enchanting, nor is it casting, yet somewhere in between. But Mage Knights don't exist. There are only the churches troubadours." she stated, testing him. How did he know what to call her? As far as she knew, the TISME project had been abandoned and the name dying with that. To her knowledge, there were no other mage knights in existence.

"There is no such thing? You used a stave earlier. You imbue your blade with magic and target enemy resistance. I have a pretty good conclusion but that would be a little direct." Your weak. Too weak.

"I suppose I have nothing better to do but see what everyone else is doing..." Chase muttered, walking towards the center of the camp. "What's everyone doing here at once? Is there some sort of celbra-heyyy is that cake?'

"I cant say how now. Pursuing it may even be more foolish, but nevertheless i will. There was a project back in TISME a long time ago. They started while i was still in TISME according to a journal i kept." Esphyr. You can try denying but i know who you are. The only way i can defeat you is expose you and rub the evidence in your face. Watch your answer.

Derek

"That would be a no, Your Highness," Derek said, looking away. "But, hear me out: I am not a soldier, and Miss Viveka and the other pegasi are technically not in service at the moment, so the fault mainly lies with General Jackson and Colonel Kleine, thought I blame them not. I would rather not give Jace yet another excuse to usurp the throne, don't you think?"

"Like i said before, i dont have enough evidence to call you a mageknight. I just have to keep pressing on dont i? Well nice talking to you Esphyr." He said walking away. You were a mage at TISME. You were soon branded with the blade but you havent lost your ability to use magic. If so then you can easily become the strongest out of all. But your blade, your not using its power! There are so many swordsmen who would kill to get a hold of it......... why do i care again?

"Something you do not need to know about then." said Esphyr. "There are reasons I don't talk about my past, and reasons why it's something you are best leaving alone."

"So the military officers lied to the guards at the border, then killed several Septimian soldiers, took their general hostage and beat her? This is not a good political situation." Charlotte said, wringing her hands.

Pary:

Hearing the pegasus knights conversation, he walked over to Esphyr. The wind mage had finished talking to her, so he stepped in. "I was going to make some lunch. Do you want anything special?"

"We didn't lie to the guards, they just never asked. Military officers only need to report in if they are traveling with a contingent of soldiers. And a military officer reporting in nearly guarantees entrance, but is far from necessary in the situation we were in." Damian replied, hearing Charlotte's rendition of what was going on.

"As for the situation with General Alex, she launched an attack on us. If anything, Septimus will need to pay Halton and Elyisimia a fee to keep things down if it goes public. It doesn't matter what soil it is on, she launched an attack unprovoked, when proper protocol states that she should attempt to find out the cause of a conflict if the cause is unclear."

Derek

"They beat her? I was not present for that," Derek said, clenching fists. "Apparently, they do not have humane methods. Unacceptable. But, I suppose there is nothing we can do at the moment. Except begin to pack up."

"As for her treatment, I cannot speak for it, aside from the fact that she was restrained, as is normal. All i can say was that she was goading those who were watching her, and constantly asking to be executed. I was not around to witness any of this supposed beating, although Esphyr nearly fell for her taunts, I stopped her."

"Thank you for your time, Esphyr. I can get the answer out of the headmaster by pestering her 'till she tells me." Then he saw Chase looking aloof as usual. "Hey Chase! I got something to tell you! Morgan would acknowledge your existence if you tell her this!"

"You were military officers traveling with soldiers, not to mention a group of 15 other people or so, probably assumed to be mercenaries." Charlotte countered. "It is pretty clear you are not just in Septimus on vacation."

"From her point of view, General Alex's attack was not unprovoked. She saw foreign military officers attacking Septimian civilians and intervened. To expect Septimus to pay a fee for this is entirely arrogant on your part Colonel Kleine." Charlotte said, straightening herself up.