Let's Play Final Fantasy III

Soren37

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added a poll for fun. When he gets to South Figaro, he'll need to know which shoes to buy for me.

"York" and "Furet", if you don't mind stating your height, we could make a question for each of you as well. Soren37 started this drag thing, and I intend to make him regret it :lol: .

6'3"

So I guess that means with high heels York (Celes) in drag is now the tallest member of the party at 6'7"

Edited by Mr. Francis York Morgan

6'3"

So I guess that means with high heels York (Celes) in drag is now the tallest member of the party at 6'7"

Well, you and I are both 6'3", so it depends on what heels we have.

@Soren: obviously, you can delete any of the questions I added since it is your playlog.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

• 2 weeks later...

22-13=9 days. Hooray for avoiding necropost!

We left off with the castle burning to the ground! Kefka is staring at us, and we've been standing here for...more than a week!

After some nineties dialogue, I flee on the backs of some intrepid Chocobos!

Nineties.png

ItsSoNot.png

It's not really that shameful. I'd call it more of a "Strategic Retreat with Unavoidable Civilian Losses".

GJ and Narga hop on to their own chocobos, and then we flee, leaving the castle as a smoldering reminder of what the Empire can do to those that sta-

Dive.png

Under.png

waitwhut?

It turns out that the entire castle is also a FUCKING SUBMARINE! WHAT THE HELL?!

Kefka sends to Magitek Armours to fight us.

Now, remember that Bioblaster and that Noiseblaster I bought? They're able to be used by me. The Noiseblaster confuses enemies, and the Bioblaster poisons them. My initial weapon, the Auto Crossbow, practically ORKOs every enemy we meet.

After I confuse them, I have Narga heal, which leads to an interesting conversation.

Soren realizes that Narga can use magic, which startles both GJ and myself, and we press her for answers as to where she obtained her powers.

Wut.png

This is an issue that occurs with emulated versions of the game. It still looks funny though! Apparently, their heads are supposed to go behind the screen, but meh.

And then Narga dies. Me being the superiority dick I am, I restart, which is probably unfair, but meh. I'll let Narga die again and use a Down (if possible).

And I complete the second time without Narga dying on me. Poop. Either way, we escape. And I slip up by suggesting that Narga isn't human.

Apparently, no humans are born with the power of magic. So how does Narga posess this innate power?

After more plot and character development, we head south towards South Figaro.

I should probably explain some of my tactical stuff. Soren removes a Cutlass and gives it to GJ. GJ equips said Cutlass, and Narga get's GJ's Mithril Knife.

Turtle.png

The water's a Recovery Spring, by the way.

After a quick battle, Narga learns Antdot, which I don't like. Antidotes are cheap and I have 5 of them in an area where I can't get poisoned.

After a quick head-through the cave, we end up on the other side, and there's a quaint town, free of no-gooders and ne'er-do-wells.

Shadow.png

Sashi.png

Umm...

It would also seem that we have a special guest appearance by one of our members. Interceptor unwillingly signed up, I guess.

I then spend my hard-earned money getting shinier equipment, and I level everyone up to ~level 10. General strategy is that GJ steals a Tonic, which makes me

happy, as I hoard items *cough 99 everything in FFIIIDS*, Narga burns shit and I shoot it dead.

Narga dies in a random encounter because a punk Rhinotaur cast Mega Volt on her weakened state. He was also quite delicious flame-broiled.

Now, statistical stuff!

Soren

R Hand: N/A

L Hand: Heavy Shield

Head: Plumed Hat

Body: Leather Armour

GJ

R Hand: Regal Cutlass

Body: Kung Fu Suit

Narga

R Hand: Regal Cutlass

Body: Cotton Robe

Until next time folks! Maybe we'll also get an introduction into the Status screen? Or maybe we'll meet a bodybuilder? Stay tuned for the next episode of Let's Play FFIII!

Edited by Soren37

• 2 weeks later...
D&D from 10:00 until 9:00 tires you out some.

Envyenvyenvy

The only people with the vaguest D&D inclinations I know of (in the flesh) are;

An annoying, upper-class Fundamentalist brat who can't act for shit and acts in a condescending manner towards EVERYTHING, -and- is female so I can't actually solve my issues with violence,

and someone who I would never stay in the same room in for five minutes if I could help it.

Okay, I have the post typed up. Depending on homework and work, I might be able to get the next update done for tomorrow night. I'm sorry for those who expected one tonight, it's just not happening with school tomorrow.

Chapter 4: Onwards to the Mountain!

So after trying to level up a bit more and realizing that it won't work, I

cease attempts and take some snapshots of the status screen.

SorenStatus.png

LV-Level. You'd have to be a baby not to know this.

HP-You should know.

Your Exp: Total amount of EXP

For leve up: How much EXP is needed to level up

Vigor: think of it as STR. It increases the damage you deal, but only slightly. It mostly helps with things like Throw and the Autocrossbow.

Speed: This fills up your attack bar faster. This means that more speed means that you can act faster. Too bad it's near worthless, as you can barely ever take two actions before another one of your characters.

Stamina: It determines HP gained by Regen, and affects how much HP you lose by Poison and Seizure. It also increases you ability to avoid OHKO moves.

Magic Power: Obvious. According to the FAQ, Magic Power is the most useful stat to raise.

Battle Power: This affects your Fight damage. It's only raised by the weapons you equip.

Defense: Obvious.

Magic Defense: Obvious. Defense and Magic Defense can only be raised by equipment and relics, though.

Evade: It was supposed to function like Avoid in Fire Emblem, but Square hurp durp'd and made Evade do NOTHING. All evasion is actually done by the magic block stat.

Magic Block: It was supposed to function like Evade but for magic, but Square made this function for both physical and magical attacks. 128% Magic Block means you're invincible.

After one last stay at the inn and a final equipment check, we head north-east. The only relic I've bought is the Jewel Ring, which is supposedly helpful for a boss, but I have no idea which one.

HorrorHouse.png

There's a small house. Let's do what all good young adults do in horror movies and investigate without thinking of the consequences!

Smell.png

Flowers.png

Dishes.png

There's also a teapot that you can interact with, but the screenshot has been lost to the electronic world.

After running through the house wondering who owns all of these items, I sleep in the bed. A quick head count and everyone is still alive.

Tea-1.png

Like Fred and Velma, there.

After exiting, we see an old man. What wisdom does he have for us?!

OldMan1.png

OldMan2.png

Looks like the Gang has another job!

So after the house, head south and then west. Eventually, you'll see what looks like some cracks in the mountains. Head in there, but first, save. This is the last opportunity you will have to save for a while. I'd advise on taking it.

General strategy: I autocrossbow people. The autocrossbow can still OHKO everything except Tuskers, which require a Fire+autocrossbow, or two crossbows. Did I mention that they have Gore and extremely high Attack?

Also, GJ has a 1/8 chance of stealing a Bandana off of the Brawlers. It will be

helpful for the new character you're getting.

Go through the north cave and exit to the south. Take the east cave and head to the south, following the wall. You should come out to an area with a treasure chest that contains a Guardian. I'll give it to GJ, as the SPD, Evade, and Battle Power are appreciated. Enter the same cavern again and proceed north. Don't take the bridge. Instead, head east. Follow the trail into a small room with a treasure chest. It contains the Atlas Armlet, which raises your fight damage. Narga gets this one as he's the one that's most likely going to be attacking, as I'm autocrossbowing and GJ's stealing. Exit the room, head west until you hit the bridge again. Follow the bridge out.

Wait, what was that? Maybe it was your imagination. Either way, head north and around the bend. There are two caverns. Enter the one on the right first. Head south and exit. There is a tent in the chest. Huzzah! Head back outside and enter the left one. Follow the wooden path. You really can't miss it. There it is again, or is it your mind's eye? Head north and cross the bridge. Enter the cave and there's a save point! Huzzah! Heal up if you have to, as Narga wants his burny things. I use a tincture to bring Narga's MP up to 69. Hehehe, lol. Anywho, save your game and exit. Follow the cyclical path down, heal up just before the bottom level, and face...Vargas?!

Vargas demands to know if Integ sent us, and to show his respect, before we even get a chance to answer, he fucking drop kicks all of us at once. Thank you, mister Dickhead.

After a brief dialogue exchange, where GJ pulls another Ranulf and says that Vargas was the guy shadowing us earlier, we begin the boss battle.

Boss.png

The Ipooh's are weak to fire, and Narga hasn't burned anything since our last Inn rest. Vargas is weak to poison, so Bioblaster is handy here. Vargas has a nasty

attack that hits everyone, and you can't target him until you kill the bears.

After enough damage, Vargas exclaims that it's off with us now, and he threatens us until...Integ heroically shows up!

Plot states that Vargas killed his father for control of a monastery, as Vargas was upset that Integ was chosen over him, the only son. Integ tries to prove him wrong, but to no avail. Vargas thinks that Integ is a dirty liar, and then blows everyone off-screen, sans Integ.

Okay, now here's where we get the famous "I can't do Blitz OMFG I tried for 20 hours and it didn't fucking work HALP MEEEEEEE!!!1!!eleventyone!!" Okay, here is

a very simple way of doing this. Please note this specific one is for Vargas. You can find entire Guides written about this, so google it.

#1. Select "Blitz"

#2. Press "Left, Right, Left"

#3. Select Vargas as your desired target.

#4. Wait.

And you won! You input your Blitz commands before you select your target. You

don't have to button mash it in, so take your time and make it right.

After the fight, Integ and I shed a manly tear for being reunited.

tear_of_joy_e.jpg

And Narga says that Integ looks like a bodybuilder who escaped from his gym.

Isaiah-Mustafa.jpg

After the fight, Integ joins our party, and pretty much follow the yellow brick

road to the Returners Hideout. It's really not that hard. Just look for another

crack in the mountains.

After sleeping in a tent and saving, I'll get to the Hideout next time!

I should really try to update this more. School and work got in the way, as well as other miscellaneous stuff. Anywho.

We left off awkwardly hanging outside the Returners entrance. After much contemplation, we enter, and are quickly told to go a certain direction.

The Returners Hideout is nothing special. Quite roomy, and stocked full of Science Majors.

How could I tell?

lrn2english.png

Yeah...

I stock up on Tonics (30), Potions (10), Tinctures (5), Sleeping Bags (5), and Tents (2). There's also a Green Cherry in the pot by that guy.

So anways, go through the door, and we meet Banon.

Robbery.png

And like the rag-tag group we are, we let Narga steal the Potion right in front of Banon.

We are so terrible.

Banon starts talking to us, asking if Narga is the girl who can talk to Espers and says that she wiped out 50 soldier in three minutes (we get that already).

Narga flips the fuck out, and we begin to hear a story.

Once upon a time, people were pure and innocent. They were given a box, and were told to never open it, but one guy did anyways (cocksucker). He unleashed all the

evils of the world by...oh bloody hell, they ripped off of Pandora's Box. Just go wiki it then. They'll have it if you don't know.

Banon then leaves, stating that he wants to sleep.

When we wake up, Narga is by herself.

And starts stealing shit again.

Narga, you are the teams sole kleptomaniac and pyromaniac. Be proud, as few are worthy of this title.

Narga now has to talk to all of her team members thus far, to determine if she will or will not help the Returners.

GJConfession.png

GJConfession2.png

GJConfessionResponse.png

After that exchange, GJ tries to tell Narga that other people may feel that she is important like the whole freaking world before the Empire roflstomps it.

Onwards!

Klepto1.png

Klepto2.png

Klepto3.png

Narga, get some help. srsly.

IntegConfession1.png

IntegConfession2.png

IntegConfession3.png

Oh sibling rivalry! Well not really...crap...I thought I had something funny...

Narga can also find a scrap piece of paper in the top right hand corner of the table where there isn't a chair. I've left it there, because Narga can't steal it.

SorenConfession1.png

SorenConfession2.png

SorenConfession3.png

After hearing how her teammates feel, Narga exits to talk to Banon.

There is a reason behind this. If you say "no" three times, you get an emo Narga, a dead soldier, and a Gengi Glove. Please only pay attention to the last one.

Anywho, the Empire has crushed South Figaro, and they're advancing menacingly on our heroes! Gasp of shock and surprise! GJ leaves to try and slow down the Empire in South Figaro, while Narga, Soren, Integ, and Banon escape down the Lete River.

Before you escape, head north out of the passageway, and save your game. You won't be able to save it unless you take specific routes, and I don't know them. So save and then re-enter the passageway.

Hop aboard the raft and head off on your journey. Please read the giant blue screens that say that your journey is over if Banon dies. It's really important.

General strategy: Narga attack, Soren Autocrossbow, Integ uses Pummel, and Banon uses Health, which affects everyone and keeps them alive longer.

*FUN FACT* If you have a Narga that knows Petrify (level 68), then you can cast it on Banon, which means he takes no damage. Then again, if you have a Narga like that, then you probably don't have to worry about death.

PathChoice1.png

The circled one is the path I took. There may be a better way, but the guess method works just as well.

I find a Save Point, and take advantage of it.

I should probably tell you that you can't access the menu while you're on the raft. Any and all healing has to be done in battle or at save points.

PathChoice2.png

Speaking of which, I found another one. Huh.

And then we meet Ultros...

WHATISIT.png

VALTOME.png

FUKKIT VALTOME I WILL KILL YOU DEAD THIS TIME!!

Okay, here's how it breaks down. Ultros has a couple of different moves. He can rape smack you with a tentacle, squirt ink in your eye and give you the "Dark"

status, attack the whole group with tentacles, or one of three special options.

He has a weakness to Fire and Lightning. Everytime you hit him with an attack that has Fire or Lightning, he'll flip the fuck out and ink that person. This means that Narga can't go completely pyro. :(

If Valtome makes a mention of a delicious morsel, he'll tentacle rape Narga.

If Valtome makes a mention of muscle heads, then he'll tentacle rape Integ.

Like all good bosses, once you hit him enough, he dies.

EndBoss.png

Shortly afterwards, everyone's wondering where the hell he is. Narga feels something on her leg, and Integ decides he's going to punch it while it's underwater.

Ahem.

hurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurp

hurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurphurpdurp

Like the good brother I am, I try to convince him otherwise, until Integ falls into the water.

PoorInteg.png

Now SF, once again, you have a choice. Deal...or No Deal. You get to pick whether I adventure with Banon, Narga, and myself to Narshe, GJ in South Figaro, or Integ as he continues down the river.

ChooseYourTeam.png

Until next time!

Edited by Soren37

So I head down the river with Narga, Soren, and Banon.

The going won't be easy apparently, but we have Narga's mod abilities.

Wait...crap.

Or not. The enemies are the exact same, so I now have Narga burn everything he/she can.

EndoftheJourney.png

We are now in the middle of nowhere.

Or are we?

Head east. See that break in the mountains?

Break.png

Go through it.

ItsNarshe.png

Holy Frick on a Stick! It's Narshe!

Don't go north, as the guards will see you. Instead, head east to that secret entrace that we saw all the way back in post 1.

Entrance.png

After getting in, follow the path. The enemies won't change, so just destroy them.

Once you exit, head north to see a familiar bridge, except...

BrokenBridge.png

The bridge is out. Instead, wead west and go through the cave once again.

Cross the bridge and go north.

Now FOLLOW THAT LIGHT!!

Security.png

Now that I think about it, that's a stupid way to do security. "Here's a glowing light. Follow it and you'll be fine." ffs, no wonder Narshe is the way it is.

If you mess up, lights will surround you. To be safe, "tag" the glimmering light. If you don't get the right one, then you're in a fight. Don't worry, it's easy enough.

Dammit.png

Unless of course, you're me. However, I tag the right lights both times I get caught, and I get through fine. Huzzah!

Something about this should begin to feel familiar.

Familiarity.png

That's right. It's the mines from the start of the game.

Proceed through, ignoring doors and chests. The chests still haven't become butterflies, so just ignore them.

And Narga now knows Drain! Huzzah! Drain is a hurt-and-heal spell. It hurts the enemy so much, and heals you the same amount. However, the amount stolen (so far) seems pitiful. Narga will stick to pyromania for now.

OldManisArvis.png

And we once again meet up with the Old Man from the beginning of the game, who seems to definitely remember Narga.

It turns out that Narshe is still remaining neutral, but they all desperately want to know what the Esper looks like. That Esper will either save us, or dig us an early grave...

Once again, SF, we come to a part in the ways. Shall I go MGS with GJ, or FF with Integ? You decide.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How am I doing so far? More pics, less pics, more strategy, less strategy, more humour where I abuse other members? What should I do?

Edited by Soren37

Go with Integ (:awesome:) but I can't seem to vote in the poll after deleting my vote. It tells me to vote in all questions. :(

Also, wtf why is me using pummel still? You start with Aura Blast.

Go with Integ (:awesome:) but I can't seem to vote in the poll after deleting my vote. It tells me to vote in all questions. :(

Also, wtf why is me using pummel still? You start with Aura Blast.

I'm not sure what's going on with it. I'll try deleting the poll and setting it up again.

I realized that part way through.

With the amount of characters that I already have, I'm not sure if I can guarantee everyone screen time. That's why Umono and Gogo aren't in. Then again, this is my first time actually getting pretty far in the game, so they might show up.