Best/Worst in the Series: Round 50

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All non-always skills are unreliable, but a unit with high Skill like Sothe can make it happen more often.

We're not stupid enough as to field him to a General. And Disarm is usually given to Heather/Sothe, it doesn't change the fact it's unreliable. You're wasting a turn to steal weapons you don't even need by then, because you should have all-ready equipment.

We're not stupid enough as to field him to a General. And Disarm is usually given to Heather/Sothe, it doesn't change the fact it's unreliable. You're wasting a turn to steal weapons you don't even need by then, because you should have all-ready equipment.

Actually I do field them against generals, just when only one is in range (they won't kill even if they hit, unless the disarmer is untrained, in which case they'll double and crit more often). And there's a reason Bronze weapons are weak, cheap, multiple-use and critical-less. I use Disarm/steal to get greatlances, poleaxes, steel/silver weapons, El-tomes, wind edges and the like, which I could sell or use to save money for good forging. My top disarmer is Shinon then Sothe and for endgame, Rolf.

Objective or Subjective?

I don't see how FE12 Arran really qualifies as the worst. Book 1's Jeigan is probably closer to that earmark (or Book 2's Arran). FE1 Jeigan I'm unsure of; haven't really played FE1. So...

Best: Tough call. I'm willing to lean on FE6 Marcus being the best, but a lot of "Jeigans" are really good so...

Worst: Like Joey said, I usually have them used anyway. I guess Book 2 Arran might qualify... since I can give the Silver Lance to Catria and pretty much replicate what Arran does. Sadly.

Since I've only played FE's 7, 9 and 10, it was either Marcus or Sothe for Best/Worst (since Titania in FE9 isn't allowed).

And I'd say Marcus > Sothe in terms of usefulness.

Because you, like Ether said, are biased. FE7 is an easy game.

Actually I do field them against generals, just when only one is in range (they won't kill even if they hit, unless the disarmer is untrained, in which case they'll double and crit more often). And there's a reason Bronze weapons are weak, cheap, multiple-use and critical-less. I use Disarm/steal to get greatlances, poleaxes, steel/silver weapons, El-tomes, wind edges and the like, which I could sell or use to save money for good forging. My top disarmer is Shinon then Sothe and for endgame, Rolf.

I meant us in general, not just you. We dont dump 10,000 BEXP on him so he could double a General.

How can anyone say Eyvel? She's the only one out of this bunch who is literally immortal in the first few chapters! Somebody who can't possibly die can't be the worst, right?

Also: Does the Black Knight count? I'm not even sure what archetype you'd call that.

Anyway...

BEST: FE6 Marcus. FE7 Marcus has better long-term potential but FE6 Marcus is dang near necessary in FE6's harder Hard mode. Don't get me wrong, either Marcus teaches those punk kids a thing or two about life, love, and high starting weapon ranks.

WORST: FE1/FE3 Book 1 Jagen, the only guy the game itself tells you not to use.

How can anyone say Eyvel? She's the only one out of this bunch who is literally immortal in the first few chapters! Somebody who can't possibly die can't be the worst, right?

Also: Does the Black Knight count? I'm not even sure what archetype you'd call that.

Anyway...

BEST: FE6 Marcus. FE7 Marcus has better long-term potential but FE6 Marcus is dang near necessary in FE6's harder Hard mode. Don't get me wrong, either Marcus teaches those punk kids a thing or two about life, love, and high starting weapon ranks.

WORST: FE1/FE3 Book 1 Jagen, the only guy the game itself tells you not to use.

Not contesting the Eyvel bit (out of my league), but I'm unsure about BK counting.

Also, the whole weapon rank thing is only true of FE7 Marcus (FE6 Marcus only has a D in Swords and an E in Axes).

Edited by Ein Lanford

She's also the one useful for the least amount of time.

Because you, like Ether said, are biased. FE7 is an easy game.

Actually, I find RD to be easier than FE7. Oh, and at least Marcus is able to use decent weapons unlike Sothe (lolknives) XD

Actually, I find RD to be easier than FE7.

What

Oh that's right. You play lolscr00bmode.

If you played the hardest difficulty, you'd then realize that FE10 is MUCH harder than FE7.

Edited by BLS

Actually, I find RD to be easier than FE7. Oh, and at least Marcus is able to use decent weapons unlike Sothe (lolknives) XD

Recall how dondon once described how you can manage Sothe to make him either kill or not kill depending on what you want while Marcus will pretty much always kill everything. How you use your weapons matters much more than the type of weapon used.

Actually, I find RD to be easier than FE7. Oh, and at least Marcus is able to use decent weapons unlike Sothe (lolknives)

Italicized: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: *catches breath* :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What.

Seriously, I'm REALLY starting to think you suck at FE games... (Actually, I always doubted your competence at FE, but now I have even more reason to do so...)

Edited by Ein Lanford

Despite Sothe being locked onto lolKnives, he's still usable for Parts 1 and some of Part 3. Sothe pretty much has the best 2 range outside of Black Knight and Taur, the two of them locked to only two "chapters". Also like RFoF pointed out; you can control his ORKOing at whim, though at the moment I find it better that he just flat out ORKOes anyway since it makes chapters flow smoothly. Sothe is also VERY clutch to low turning a lot of the early game chapters, and that lolBeastfoe is the reason that 1-4 is a lot easier than it would be without it. Don't even get me started on how inaccurate everyone else's 2 range is in comparison to Sothe's too; seeing what I had to see in the play through so far; a lot of it is fucking atrocious especially with low biorhythm.

What

Oh that's right. You play lolscr00bmode.

If you played the hardest difficulty, you'd then realize that FE10 is MUCH harder than FE7.

FE10 HM is not much harder than FE7 HHM. At least all the hard parts are just Part 1. In Part 3 you get the overpowered mercenaries who make onerounding seem almost common.

FE10 HM is not much harder than FE7 HHM. At least all the hard parts are just Part 1. In Part 3 you get the overpowered mercenaries who make onerounding seem almost common.

Aside from how only Ike and Shinon can reliably ORKO unless you use speedwings appropriately (Haar and Titania) and time your promotions right if you want Gats helping out as well. And even Ike can't nab all the warriors and snipers and halbs every playthrough because he is far from guaranteed to have the speed to double for like half of part 3. Oh, and then Shinon even manages to fall short of some KOs with the Silencer of all things, and before then needs a 15 mt forge to get the paladins in 3-2 and I think he still may miss some things in 3-3.

That's basically nobody onerounding anything, so how is it "common"? It's more common in part 1 when you have iron knife forges + beastkiller for Sothe and you can energy drop Volug and you get Taur and the LEA. Oh, and Zihark gets a brave sword to ORKO everything in part 1 and as if that isn't bad enough you get Nailah and BK. It seems to me that more ORKOing happens in part 1 than in part 3.

The trouble with difficulty in the part 3 chapters is that nearly everyone can tank 4 or 5 hits and you can give Mia earth support so that she can be similarly durable. While so many units need 2 rounds to kill stuff, as far as difficulty is concerned (if you don't care about turncounts), winning is pretty easy when you don't die.

Aside from how only Ike and Shinon can reliably ORKO unless you use speedwings appropriately (Haar and Titania) and time your promotions right if you want Gats helping out as well. And even Ike can't nab all the warriors and snipers and halbs every playthrough because he is far from guaranteed to have the speed to double for like half of part 3. Oh, and then Shinon even manages to fall short of some KOs with the Silencer of all things, and before then needs a 15 mt forge to get the paladins in 3-2 and I think he still may miss some things in 3-3.

That's basically nobody onerounding anything, so how is it "common"? It's more common in part 1 when you have iron knife forges + beastkiller for Sothe and you can energy drop Volug and you get Taur and the LEA. Oh, and Zihark gets a brave sword to ORKO everything in part 1 and as if that isn't bad enough you get Nailah and BK. It seems to me that more ORKOing happens in part 1 than in part 3.

The trouble with difficulty in the part 3 chapters is that nearly everyone can tank 4 or 5 hits and you can give Mia earth support so that she can be similarly durable. While so many units need 2 rounds to kill stuff, as far as difficulty is concerned (if you don't care about turncounts), winning is pretty easy when you don't die.

Just why wouldn't I use Speedwings on either of those two? (Haar & Titania), with that, they are pretty close to 1RKO most enemies they double. Shinon has high probabilities on 1RKO'ing with a Killer Bow. With Silencer and an Str proc or Atk bonus support he does 1RKO important enemies like Halberdiers & Warriors.

Oh yeah, they are pretty damn durable, and most phyisical units there have around 40% Def growths and high concrete durability. Most of them do. 8]

Best: If you want to count him, Sigurd ("hey guys I kill everybody oh wait you can't hear me because I moved too far ahead of you punks already). If he's not allowed, then...Shadow Dragon Jeigan, just because of how much I hate getting owned by the RNG in H5 and Silver Lancing stuff can overcome Javelin misses.

Worst: Eyvel/Evayle/however you spell her name. Sure, she's invincible, but it only matters in Ch5 where she saves Nanna and prevents you from having to deal with overpowered promoted units. Prior to that she ORKOs so damn much and lacks the build for great capturing, making her less proficient at the standard Jeigan role (ie, weakening stuff so growth units can snipe kills) than Dagda is.