Lightning's Mindscrew Mafia Game Topic

riariadne

Guys, do know what we could do? We could lynch Mike, instead of Tables or the Good Admiral. Then tomorrow, once the Good Admiral's unlynchability is gone, we can lynch him, if we have reason to. Thoughts?

To be honest I'd rather you didn't but when/if you do mislynch me would you believe me?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I'd rather you didn't but when/if you do mislynch me would you believe me?

I'm not going to lynch you on a suggestion. I'm well aware of how the survivor could screw the town over, but, actually, they could also shoot the mafia in the foot, as well. That's why they're third party.

And, of course you'd rather we wouldn't, but, it's still viable. And, uh, what am I supposed to believe?

I'm not going to lynch you on a suggestion. I'm well aware of how the survivor could screw the town over, but, actually, they could also shoot the mafia in the foot, as well. That's why they're third party.

And, of course you'd rather we wouldn't, but, it's still viable. And, uh, what am I supposed to believe?

I'm well aware of that but as a no-lynch is unavailable I'd rather lynch Life than one of us who have given off a bad vibe to some.

Edited because I couldn't get the size to work :facepalm:

Edited by mikethfc

I'm well aware of that but as a no-lynch is unavailable I'd rather lynch Life than one of us who have given off a bad vibe to some .Hint hint

so many things wrooong

Well, we lynch Life, we lose our mislynch, Mike, because he's unlynchable. So, why do you insist on repeating that we should vote him, and not you, on a random lynch?

so many things wrooong

Proof-reading and subtlety were never my strong points :facepalm:

Out of interest am I ever going to be told any of the many flaws you've spotted in my posts or do I get to be mislynched based on a misunderstanding :awesome:

Although I do accept fault for the ominous us just townsperson didn't look right.

Well, we lynch Life, we lose our mislynch, Mike, because he's unlynchable. So, why do you insist on repeating that we should vote him, and not you, on a random lynch?

I've always preferred no-lynches on day 1 as there's rarely ever enough evidence to judge and trying to lynch Life=No lynch. Besides even if the worst comes to the worst and he was lying about being unlynchable we wont lose one of our power roles.

I've always preferred no-lynches on day 1 as there's rarely ever enough evidence to judge and trying to lynch Life=No lynch. Besides even if the worst comes to the worst and he was lying about being unlynchable we wont lose one of our power roles.

Sir, did you just softclaim?

And, uh, since we have an ML, we should use it It reduces the pool of suspects, at worst. At best, it hit's a member of the mafia, and we get another ML.

IET seems...too comfortable.

Would you care to explain what you meant here?

Regarding Mike: I'm not actually that suspicious of him. Nothing he's said really stands out to me.

Also, Levity, can I ask what you're suspicious about me for? Is it something specific I said or just being aggressive towards Life?

Also, Levity, can I ask what you're suspicious about me for? Is it something specific I said or just being aggressive towards Life?

I have trust issues with people who go up and try to lead the town into lynching someone on D1. I know you have your reasons, and my suspicions of you may indeed be shaky at best; it's why I haven't voted for you or pushed further suspicion on you yet.

But I like how you suggest that, if Life is survivor, he would want to create an alliance with the mafia--I don't see you doing that if you really were mafia, but on the other hand I could see you giving that reasoning to make yourself look better.

I'm not trying to take control I was just trying to prevent a certain mislynch.

Although having re-read a certain bit of information it seems I've encountered a bit of the insanity part and am no longer 100% confident that Tables is innocent as I just found out he isn't Lightning

I'm not trying to take control I was just trying to prevent a certain mislynch.

Although having re-read a certain bit of information it seems I've encountered a bit of the insanity part and am no longer 100% confident that Tables is innocent as I just found out he isn't Lightning

There's these things called usernames + name history, y'know. . .

And being 100% confident of an innocent isn't that smart, unless you're an investigative role. Just putting that out there.

Would you care to explain what you meant here?

Regarding Mike: I'm not actually that suspicious of him. Nothing he's said really stands out to me.

To me it seems like you dismiss the chance of you being mafia with your actions.

There's these things called usernames + name history, y'know. . .

It isn't quite like that but the carriage driver/switcher should be able to cross someone off their list of suspected mafia assuming thats why the shit hit the fan.

Levity: Okay, makes sense. To be fair, I'm going for the best lynch I think we can make given the evidence; I'm not strictly trying to lead the town although I understand it can probably be seen that way. I'm actually not sure what Life is. He's using Lightning's statements as proof of role, but then again, this IS mindscrew mafia. I don't believe he's immune to being voted off either, although he did breadcrumb it before claiming, but of course he would, and of course, this IS mindscrew mafia (Lightning: You better be laughing at confusing me. You and Life succeeded). His evidence about the role's style, well, I don't know how good Life is at faking role PMs. There's the Wiseman to refer to, which compared to the other roles in the game... I dunno, it looked authentic to me actually. I only have my own role to compare his Survivor claim to, and there's a few discrepancies but I can easily blame them on Lightning not being consistent.

Anyway, I think the summary of the above is, I think Life is likely the survivor, possibly mafia, and... I went WAY off topic. ¬_¬. I'll leave it, since that's basically a summary of my thoughts.

Core: From my point of view, I know I'm town, so I wasn't considering the possibility. I see what you mean, though.

In my judgement, if there were 4 mafia, we'd be at a lynch or lose situation today because of survivor joint. That's just unbalanced, so 4 mafia is wrong.

I am confident Life is lying about being unlynchable, but, assuming he's survivor (which I believe due to being confirmed by Lightning), what he does is just to save himself. If we mislynch to the point where the mafia has parity including Life, do you think he's going to give up the win right in front of his face?

My vote stays; he pretty much counts as a mafia member at this point.

I'm about to die of laughter. I'm so happy that my girlfriend didn't come over today since this is epic.

True enough. But maybe it's because I didn't claim to be the Survivor. You still haven't answered the question, either. What possible benefit is there to the town to leave you alive? We're playing for our team. You're playing for yourself. You win by lynching probably two townies, or wins by lynching three/four mafioso. I can see which one is easier for you.

I like how you assume that I'm in contact with the Mafia and will then try to only lynch townies, especially when this is a No Outside Contact game.

As for the possible benefit, you've basically said it yourself in the past. I'm one of the most intuitive players around here (if not THE and while that might seem like bragging, a lot of games I've played prove otherwise) and I like to think when I can figure out who's lying through their teeth and who isn't. If everyone's cards are on the table (even if they're face down), I can figure who's bluffing and who's got pocket rockets. Unless you think you're better than me at that job, of course.

I could easily post my role PM but it would harm the town to do so right now. I don't like my role though. It just seems wrong, plus it's factually inaccurate <_<. It's not an information role, though. That much I'll say. It's either protection or vote manipulation, in some form.

Aww, poor you. Here's a hint, I don't like my role much either since whether I live or die is based on how well I can install WIFOMs in any killing role in this game. You don't see me bitching about it, though.

Survivors aren't an immediate threat, but getting them out of the way before they start hindering the town is generally useful.

I'd like a specific example with some sort of proof backing up your statement of Survivors "hindering the town" purposely.

Levity: Okay, makes sense. To be fair, I'm going for the best lynch I think we can make given the evidence; I'm not strictly trying to lead the town although I understand it can probably be seen that way. I'm actually not sure what Life is. He's using Lightning's statements as proof of role, but then again, this IS mindscrew mafia. I don't believe he's immune to being voted off either, although he did breadcrumb it before claiming, but of course he would, and of course, this IS mindscrew mafia (Lightning: You better be laughing at confusing me. You and Life succeeded).

Of course I breadcrumbed it. I didn't want to come out into the open and say that I'm unlynchable because I'm STILL hoping that it works like a Hidden Immunity Idol on Survivor (I only have one free pass but if I don't get lynched today, I'm immune for the next lynching and so on). But when you guys kept the votes on me, I was forced to reveal that fact. Sorry.

His evidence about the role's style, well, I don't know how good Life is at faking role PMs. There's the Wiseman to refer to, which compared to the other roles in the game... I dunno, it looked authentic to me actually. I only have my own role to compare his Survivor claim to, and there's a few discrepancies but I can easily blame them on Lightning not being consistent.

Actually, the way I wrote the Wiseman PM was to emulate Spoon's style so that I wouldn't be questioned on the wording and stuff. Not to mention that I had to specifically pick a villain that Spoon wouldn't have put in his game so I was limited. The ones that you should really be looking at are the ones from my game since Frank Fontaine, Ninetales and Tyler Durden are from 3 very different places.

Anyway, I think the summary of the above is, I think Life is likely the survivor, possibly mafia, and... I went WAY off topic. ¬_¬. I'll leave it, since that's basically a summary of my thoughts.

Well, if that's truly what your thoughts are, I've been overrating your brain for a while. Try logic next time, works for me.

I have an idea. Why doesn't every person playing post their entire role PMs and then we argue about who's lying and who isn't? Couldn't that work? Mine's already up there.

Seems like that will be an even bigger game-breaker thatn Naesala in LIght's FE10 mafia

and could well end up breaking rule #-3 B)