I Don't Care If People Think You Suck, I'm Using You Anyways

Randoman

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty much everyone considered bad, I use. or at least used once.

list is too long to post. from Lyn(FE7) to Amelia(FE8) and from Sophia(FE6) to Fiona(FE10), I use them all!

Edited by whase

I like too many of them :/

FE6:

Yuno

Ray

Hugh

Sophia

Dorothy

Sue

Zeis

FE7:

Rebecca

Karla

Dorcas

Vaida

Lyn

Bartre

Heath

Isadora

Louise

Renault

Farina

FE8:

Syrene

Gilliam

Neimi

Amelia

Ewan

Knoll

Dozla

L'Arachel

FE9:

Largo

Elincia

Haar

Tormod

Devdan

Geoffrey

Callil

Lucia

FE10:

Astrid

Sigrun

Tanith

Marcia(if she's considered sucky)

Vika

Nealuchi

Meg

Fiona

Ilyana

Edward

Leonardo

Kieran

Tormod

Pelleas

Lucia

Edited by Queen_Elincia

• 2 weeks later...

In games with support system that involves bonus dialogues, I diversify and use everyone.

In games that don't, I use whoever for variety.

And again none of this is applicable to Seisen, since you don't actually have a limit of how many you can bring to fights there.

I just want to know why people think that the trainees are bad characters. I don't even think they should be on this thread, I don't know of anyone who disregards their potential.

Ross is kinda borderline, the other two are candidates for the worst character in FE8. They are bad characters.

FE9:

Sothe

Mist

Since when is FE9 Mist bad?

He sucks because hes the worst cav in the game, despite still being good.

Louise is the best archer/sniper in the game. I'm not going to accept anyone who argues Louise > Lowen.

Edited by Furetchen

On the topic of trainees, wouldn't they be not entirely mediocre because you can just go through tower of valni 1 with them once or twice to level them up a bit and then use them? I always use all three trainees and they end up my best units usually... but obviously PEMN and favoritism, etc. etc., plus the fact that its SS, so anyone can be good with a little bit of grinding at the tower. Eh.

On the topic of trainees, wouldn't they be not entirely mediocre because you can just go through tower of valni 1 with them once or twice to level them up a bit and then use them? I always use all three trainees and they end up my best units usually... but obviously PEMN and favoritism, etc. etc., plus the fact that its SS, so anyone can be good with a little bit of grinding at the tower. Eh.

Drawing entirely on my own experiences, I confess, but even when I ran through Valni 1 twice for Amelia she was still my weakest unit (level 6 cavalier). Granted, I was using an extremely small team...this was on my GK playthrough.

But yeah, every other unit can be good without needing Valni. Well, not Dozla, but all of his modest power comes from his bases, anyway...

Edited by Furetchen

Well I don't think the trainees are bad, especially with grinding in the game. I am just going off of what I see on other forums, I see a lot of the "the time you spend training them you could be winning the game". I haven't looked around here enough to see what members here think of characters like that.

I just want to know why people think that the trainees are bad characters. I don't even think they should be on this thread, I don't know of anyone who disregards their potential.

Potential is useless. If you can't overcome the first hurdle of 'being able to kill stuff and gain EXP at a reasonable rate', you can never reach the end of the race, even if you're the fastest runner.

What's more, their 'potential' is really that they can end up similiar to other characters that don't need such help. Ross ends up similiar to Duessel. Amelia ends up similiar to Franz. Ewan ends up similiar to Lute or Saleh.

I always used Est in FE3, but I don't in the remakes, for some reason.

If Edward counts, than I'll say him, but he's always been my favourite SM in that game anyway. (I like people who max out everything, and don't like using Mia for some reason)

I had a lot of fun using Meg in RD too. Especially seeing her solo most of 4-P, and having her max everything (lol!)

Oh, and Dolph, although I consider him more underrated. He's probably the best non-reclassed general in SD, a game where generals are a really useful to have around. This was nastily inverted in New Mystery though, where he's pretty much irredemably bad, AND the general class sucks. At least he still owns in BS1.

But the one character who fits this topic near perfectly, at least for me, is Arran. Once I saw his first support conversation, I knew I had to keep him till I got all three. He's now my favourite Jeigan archtype character, personality-wise.

I guess I keep using Rolf in PoR. Ilyana in RD. Laura as a combat unit as much as possible in part 4 (doesn't work too well in part 3). And I can't help but try to raise Elincia in PoR and have her fight stuff. Even though she frequently does like 4x2 damage or something low like that. RD Amiti would make her suck much less as a combat unit there, though she still wouldn't be good since she only has 3 chapters to level.

Oh, and I'd like to add Edward to my list. The only annoying thing is that he's really borderline with speed in HM. Otherwise, I like using him, just because he can be induced to ORKO stuff towards the end of Part 1. As long as it's not an Armour or one of those infuriating 17AS Myrmidons.

I like to use Heather as a combat unit.

Oh, right, her. I use her as a combat unit, too. I think I only actually took her to 4-E in EM (don't remember for sure about NM, but think not), but I pretty much always give her an energy drop and abuse some str to get that bolting in 3-2. 20 str Heather is still pretty bad at the whole combat thing, but at least she's not Mist/Lyre + doubling bad anymore. And I always get her up to at least 20/1 and then she helps out with silver daggers in 4-1 and 4-4 until she can use Baselard in 4-4. I just love using her.

Oh, and I'd like to add Edward to my list. The only annoying thing is that he's really borderline with speed in HM. Otherwise, I like using him, just because he can be induced to ORKO stuff towards the end of Part 1. As long as it's not an Armour or one of those infuriating 17AS Myrmidons.

What about those 17 AS bandits in 1-8?

I guess I keep using Rolf in PoR. Ilyana in RD. Laura as a combat unit as much as possible in part 4 (doesn't work too well in part 3). And I can't help but try to raise Elincia in PoR and have her fight stuff. Even though she frequently does like 4x2 damage or something low like that. RD Amiti would make her suck much less as a combat unit there, though she still wouldn't be good since she only has 3 chapters to level.

Hmmmm. Same here, other than PoR Rolf. I'm not willing to waste a blessing on a Wyrmslayer, and I just like thunder magic. Being cute helps too. :awesome: :awesome: As for Laura, I try to get her promoted before part 3 (gogo trapping a mage and forcing it to attack her if her Str gets high enough to damage it).

Oh, right, her. I use her as a combat unit, too. I think I only actually took her to 4-E in EM (don't remember for sure about NM, but think not), but I pretty much always give her an energy drop and abuse some str to get that bolting in 3-2. 20 str Heather is still pretty bad at the whole combat thing, but at least she's not Mist/Lyre + doubling bad anymore. And I always get her up to at least 20/1 and then she helps out with silver daggers in 4-1 and 4-4 until she can use Baselard in 4-4. I just love using her.

I guess you bless that in 4-E-3? Though personally, I don't do so since there's the Mt and accuracy difference between siege tomes and SS tomes. Also, I usually have Heather do some combat on the side as well. Though her biorhythm wave is a cause for concern...

Edited by Ein Lanford